Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie headsup online championship!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I'm in. PPP for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Yup. Stars preferably

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

count me in... PPP preferably

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

New to this poker lark but would love to give it a go . . Im in !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

If Dragon is in then I'm in. Stars, PPP or UB. But preferably the Fitz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

yup i'll play this
    should be good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

id play on any site or live in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bookable

Hey,

Im in ... any place any time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

sure, count me in - PPP only, i'm afraid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Juan Pablo wrote:
    If Dragon is in then I'm in. Stars, PPP or UB. But preferably the Fitz.

Does this mean that my endorsement is of value to you...if so PPP-PitBoss I'm looking for sponsorship.

Or is it that I'm dead money?

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The thing to do to make it safer for the proper two players to get a heads up tournament going on paddy power poker without an imposter sitting in is to (1. join but not sit in on an empty table. (2. Type a sentence in the chat section. when player 2 types a reply thats the 'q' tfor both to sit in immediately. (3. For convenience sake if its a $10 heads up game enter the lowest $10 1x1 table on the list that remains empty?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

count me in,PPP or fitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I take it PPP still don't take Neteller?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

I know pokerroom have private tables. Does anyone know about other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'll play, assuming life doesn't get in the way (it has the tendency to do that) - Stars, Party, PPP...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Right, to date the following people have signed up:
    lafortezza, Imposter, okidoki987, careca, karlh, Waylander, DapperGent, Shortstack, BigDragon, NickOD, musician, Amarillo Fats, lennyleonard, Dub13, HectorJelly, bohsman, LordJimbo, Fathead, PokerEvents, Vamos, DaveyDevil, assensi0n, Marq, roryc, hallelujajordan, JuanPablo, biteme, padser, Bookable, Roundtower2, podgeen, willis, ionapaul.

1) Closing dates for entries will be next Saturday the 7th May. I'll do up the first round brackets then.

2) Each match is to be played on one of the three main sites that were suggested most often: Paddy Power Poker, Victor Chandler, PokerStars. If 2 contestants want to play on a different site that they agree on thats ok too.

3) Matches can also be played live, in the Fitzwilliam/Merrion/someones house. As long as the two players are agreed on how it works and the live game's structure matches the online games as close as possible. Make sure all games are cleared and ok with the card clubs.

4) The first round will have 1 week to run so you can arrange your busy schedules so that all games are played when it suits.
    The thing to do to make it safer for the proper two players to get a heads up tournament going on paddy power poker without an imposter sitting in is to (1. join but not sit in on an empty table. (2. Type a sentence in the chat section. when player 2 types a reply thats the 'q' tfor both to sit in immediately. (3. For convenience sake if its a $10 heads up game enter the lowest $10 1x1 table on the list that remains empty?.
    This makes sense when setting up your matches!

5) Each match should be played so that it is suitable for each players bankroll. IIRC VC/PPP have very small buy-in 1v1 games, less than $1 I think. Each match is played as a best-of-3 contest.

6) If people do not make themselves available for their match their opponent gets an automatic bye into the next round.

All of these guidelines are off the top of me head, feel free to make suggestions, if anything else crops up we'll deal with it then.

Now to the good bit!

I asked mcaul, who runs the Special Days Poker Supplies business that many of us have bought chips/cards/etc from, about a prize or a trophy for this contest. I was thinking that he might sponsor us a set of chips or else give me a generous discount to buy a prize myself.

He went a whole lot further than that and has given us (for free!) a 7 foot professional folding table as the main prize. It's valued at €239 (current special offer price €199). It will be delivered free of charge to anywhere in Ireland to the winners door.
    You can see the table on the Special Days website

ttf7_large.jpg

I think that's a pretty savage prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Yup, I'm in too. Usually VC for me. Again I'll have to be an online player only cos as DeVore will attest to after last night, it's a hell of a long way from Castlebar to the Fitz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Nice prize.
    FF mccaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

i'm in too - fitz or ppp whatever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

wherever and whenever this tourney is on, please count me in ... i want that table (and the boards.ie bragging rights!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

yeh ok sounds good, PPP/VC for me
    CoD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Me three.... PPP/VC/Stars

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Me four....PPP/VC/ Fitz

Fitz only at mo...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Fitz only at mo...
    That may be a problem, as alot of people don't frequent the fitz, ie if they're down the country or similar.
    Is there any way you can get signed up to PPP or something?

Does anyone know of any sites to 1vs1 games with Playmoney?

well, i do have $1 left in my vc poker - so maybe that can work! otherwise will put money in PPP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Me as well PPP preferably

Advertisement