Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Third Gig confirmed!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jimmy_Jazz

I got three. Nobody knows they're even on sale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Jimmy_Jazz wrote:
    I got three. Nobody knows they're even on sale...

the site is pretty busy now, tried getting in again to have a look but cant get in

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Got 2! :D
    not many people seemed to know about this got the tickets no problem and my brother's in town and there's no Qs.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

So you guys ordered more than 2? Did the site allow you? Never thought to check. Or did you use different cards?

just wait till its announce on the radio. theyll all turn up and therell be none there for them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Got 2 standing.
    Thanks a Million Cormie,great info.
    How come some people bought 4.
    I thought 2 was the max per person ?

So you guys ordered more than 2? Did the site allow you? Never thought to check. Or did you use different cards?

different cards, the site only allows 2

L5 wrote:
    the site is pretty busy now, tried getting in again to have a look but cant get in
    Tried it there and got to the first purchase screen after about 30 seconds of auto-refreshing.

L5 wrote:
    different cards, the site only allows 2
    You don't have to use different cards. You just need to make 2 separate transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Just got a couple, easy peasy at this time on a Sat am :D

• Advertisement

Not a little worried that they'll cancel one of the orders? Or maybe both? They do say mulitple orders will be cancelled without notice!

Not a little worried that they'll cancel one of the orders? Or maybe both? They do say mulitple orders will be cancelled without notice!
    Nope. There was even a special link on the confirmation page if I wanted to buy more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Your all very welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭mollser

its 2 tix per transaction, so you can buy more

its getting difficult now - i put in 2 for ground and it couldn't process it - are the gound tix gone already??? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Yeah, cheers mate. :)

Its looking like it alright!

To this end, the following new special procedures are being implemented.

1. The ticket limit for this performance will be reduced to 2 tickets per person/transaction (rather than the previous limit of 6).

2. The vast majority of tickets will be available and distributed through 84 outlets across Ireland, with 15 outlets in Dublin. Each ticket outlet has had its ticket allocation guaranteed in advance. A smaller quantity will be sold through Ticketmaster by phone and on the Internet.

3. There will be a box office set up at Croke Park for tickets sales without a booking fee, priced at €75 and €65 for reserved seating and €55 for general admission field standing tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

There were just 4 people in the queue in Merchant's Quay at 9.10 this morning, and no-one at Pro Musica in Cork.

Great info, cormie. Thanks for posting it on boards! :D
    Each ticket outlet has had its ticket allocation guaranteed in advance. A smaller quantity will be sold through Ticketmaster by phone and on the Internet.

AFAIK, this is different from when tickets for the first two gigs went on sale, when every outlet was getting tickets from the one pool? If this is the case, then they should have tickets in Pro Musica for a good while yet.

It took me about 5 minutes to get onto ticketmaster.ie there, but it worked all right.
    "The surprise announcement was made just half an hour before the sale time."

are standing tickets accepted to be the best? its funny cos theyre the cheapest

are standing tickets accepted to be the best?
    Yip they are the only tickets I would go for to be honest
    I've seen U2 on the last 4 tours and standing is the best by far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

standing is the best but in my panic to buy them when i got through i just went for best available

A friend of mine just went to Ticketmaster in Douglas and he was told they are all sold out.
    He was just behind a high profile Munster rugby player who bought 10 tickets.
    It seems they were accepting multiple transactions of 2 tickets.
    Defeats the whole purpose of 2 per person.
    That is ridiculous . :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Standing is generally the best, your in with the crowd, but i'm sure it wont really make a difference at a gig thats sold out, especially in Croke Park!

My friend bought 2 (1 to go, 1 to swap for 24th) for himself, Pitch Standing for 27th, he already has one for the 25th but wants one for the 24th too (big fan:))

So if anyone wants to swap a Standing ticket for the 24th for a Standing ticket for the 27th, please PM me for his number.
    He lives in Bray and he probably wouldn't risk postage deals etc so collection from Bray!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

It shows on this page that all 3 dates have tickets for sale!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/venue/196746/?tm_link=tm_home_f1

DrEvil wrote:
    It shows on this page that all 3 dates have tickets for sale!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/venue/196746/?tm_link=tm_home_f1

Not for me. Says the first 2 are currently not on sale.

It works for me! Seems I could buy tickets for either of those shows, as long as they're not pitch standing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

are they officially sold out yet or wat? no updates on the site....

are they officially sold out yet or wat? no updates on the site....

Ticketmaster.ie says they're sold out now, but some outlets must still have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Great info Cormie
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

Ticketmaster's home page says it's sold out, but according to this page, there are still some standing tickets available:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/venue/196746/?tm_link=tm_home_f5

Advertisement