Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Third Gig confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Neo# wrote:
    Im thinking of queueing up over night. But I keep thinking about practical stuff. Like what if you had to go to the toilet? And are the queues properly managed. Is it possible for people to skip the queue. That would make my blood boil. And you are probably better off doing it with your mates. But my mates are definitely not as big u2 fans as I am. Could anyone who queued before tell us about there experiences?

See my experiences above...but I'm sure a lot of people have purchased tickets successfully this way...

penexpers wrote:
    Anyone who queues for tickets is an idiot.

WTF is this about???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I wanna go just to see phil chevron and the radiators, would that be mean on a u2 fan!?

*snigger*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

is it better to queue at one of the smaller agents - say like in naas or portlaaoise etc. is it based on a national network of 1st come etc. or does each outlet have an allocated number of tix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

brianw wrote:
    is it better to queue at one of the smaller agents - say like in naas or portlaaoise etc. is it based on a national network of 1st come etc. or does each outlet have an allocated number of tix?

When I queued at the square back in Feb, the Tallaght outlet had were allocated a number of tickets. All the tickets were pre-printed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Thats pretty cool. At leat they could do it with speed then. Depends on how many tickets they had. How long did it take them to sell out? Im thinking about going to one of the smaller places. Most people are just going to go to Dublin city center arent they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Neo# wrote:
    Thats pretty cool. At leat they could do it with speed then. Depends on how many tickets they had. How long did it take them to sell out? Im thinking about going to one of the smaller places. Most people are just going to go to Dublin city center arent they.

The ticketmaster opened at 9 and they let few at a time in. By the time I think I got my tickets it was about 10.15ish. Once you got to the booth, they had two queues, one for credit cards and one for cash. I have to say I was well impressed with the organisation. But on the downside, I didn't like the gardai swanning in and getting their tickets without queuing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Hey spanner_head, what time did you start queuing?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

I didn't like the gardai swanning in and getting their tickets without queuing
    That would just p*** me off totally..
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hmmm, wouldn't mind going now.

not a huge fan, but would say it would be a good gig.

i fúcking hate this ticket frenzy 5hit though.

die touts die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭moby2101

Anyone hear Paul Mc Guinness on Dave Fanning's show last night??

They were discussing the release of tickets for the 3rd Croker, details will be announced Friday 6th May.
    It looks like 2 per person, and a large no. of the tickets to be sold solely at record outlets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jcurran

If anybody wants to swap tickets for 25th or 27th gig for U2 tickets for

Vienna
    Paris
    Manchester
    Gelsenkirchen

Please let me know.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andrea4773

HI , I'm from Italy and I need 1 ticket for 24 or 25 .

Please if someoe have one write me .I have ticket for italian show Milan or Rome .

Bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

sharkman wrote:
    There IS going to be huge demand for these tickets , consider that U2 playing in their home city and that allmost every other date of their WT has sold out . You are going to have fans from all over the world trying to get their hand on a ticket .

Unfortunately, you are right as there seems to be more people regarding these tickets as a good financial investment rather than tickets to a see a band that they enjoy. Allowing people buy 6 tickets at a time was a big mistake as people bought two for themselves and four to sell. There's no doubt that some tickets changed hands at ridiculous prices and there will be a raft of "investors" looking to buy when the final batch goes on sales.

I'd hazard a guess that the quantity of tickets that you can purchase will be limited and that they'll go on sale close to the event date to make buying on eBay problematic.

Finally, has anyone seen the ticketmaster auctions in the States? It's kinda like Ticketmaster and eBay combined as one!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

moby2101 wrote:
    Anyone hear Paul Mc Guinness on Dave Fanning's show last night??

They were discussing the release of tickets for the 3rd Croker, details will be announced Friday 6th May.
    It looks like 2 per person, and a large no. of the tickets to be sold solely at record outlets.

Something is going on all right.....I just heard form a record shop friend in the country that tomorrow will have a big announcement....get those running shoes on folks, these could get no fanfare and it may just be announced on radio/tv that they are on sale at that minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Keep it hush. I'm posting here because this is obviously where the U2 fans are... but I was told by a valid source the tickets go on sale tomorrow (sat 7th) at 9am!

You all owe me big time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Is this all just a wind up to get everyone up early on a Saturday?!

"I have to be up early for work tommorrow.....and ill be damned if Im the only one!"

I'd advise you to be in ticketmaster at 9am :)

So you dont think they'll be on sale online at 9, no?!

Oh no, that's not what I meant :o
    I'd say if they are selling in the shops, they will be selling online too!! All I was told is they will be on sale tomorrow! If you don't see them available online at 9.01, rush to the nearest store:)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up man, ill keep my eyes open!

no prob:) Let me know if you get some!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Where did you get your info Cormie ?

If I told you I'd have to kill you (no joke)

It's reliable though. Don't kick yourself tomorrow for not checking it out at least! I'm 95% certain it's fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

To be honest i'm **** sick of this whole tour and its ticketing marketing.
    I have my tickets for Manchester on the 15th June so I am not too pushed about Croke Park.
    The hype in this country is a farce.

I'm not even going myself. Just trying to let the fans know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Looks like the tickets ARE going on sale in a few minutes. Not many people know yet.

Just got a couple of pitch standing! Thanks a million for the heads up cormie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭mollser

bought - thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

bought 4.
    I also heard the rumour theyd be on sale this morning.

Advertisement