Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros Touring in July

Options
  • 17-04-2005 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

No Irish date yet though. Think I'll take myself to Manchester.

july 08 - academy, glasgow
    july 09 - lowry theatre, manchester
    july 12 - olympia, paris
    july 13 - paradiso, amsterdam
    july 14 - cirque royal, brussels
    july 16 - vega main hall, copenhagen
    july 17 - stadtpark, hamburg
    july 19 - jahrhunderthalle, frankfurt
    july 20 - columbiahalle, berlin
    july 22 - circus krone, munchen
    july 25 - cavea auditorium, roma
    july 26 - villa arconati, milano
    july 31 - fuji rock festival, japan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

hmph, I'll be in France when they play England and Ireland when they play France. I'm going to have to wait for the next tour methinks. If they're touring does this mean that there's a new album on the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

nooooooooooo!

I'd kill for an irish date. Damn them! i live in hope that they'll annonce one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,541 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I know it wouldn't suit their sound but they are free on the weekend of Oxegen. They play Manchester on the Friday night, might go to T In The Park on Saturday, and then Oxegen on Sunday.

Just an idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

wait, sigur rós are playin oxegen!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I know it wouldn't suit their sound but they are free on the weekend of Oxegen

July 9th is a saturday. That's when they play in Manchester.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

i have to say no irish date is somewhat surprising, in my own experience they are really popular with students and what have you and would have thought they would have sold more then enough albums here to justify a date. dam them anyway, seeing them on yahoo music playing live tracks really makes me wanna see them (i was of the previous opinion they could not pull it off live).

I'm also surprised there's no Irish dates considering they've played here about five times already, the last two times being two nights in a row at the Ambassador which were both sold out. Great gigs.

I've seen them live twice. Once at their own show in Dublin and in Paris when they took part in the "Odin's Raven's Magic" concert. More about that show.

I'd advise anyone to go see that show if it happens again. No matter where it's on. Just wish I brought someone else with me to experience it. I'm still lost for words 6 months later. Greatest concert I was ever at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

apparently they're gonna be playing ireland alright. was suppose to be in May but has been put back to later date. think around august/sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

apparently they're gonna be playing ireland alright. was suppose to be in May but has been put back to later date. think around august/sept.

please for the love of sweet jesus let that statement be true

• Advertisement

I second Deadwing's wishes of truth, especially for a date in August or September when I'm actually around to see them

Are they not playing London either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

london date goes on presale this friday. its the day after manchester (www.klink.is for presale tickets)

dw

nope, there was a tour planned (and fully scheduled) for may, but it was eastern europe. that tour was postponed until august/septemberish.

to be honest i cant see an irish concert this tour, i hope it happens, but if they arent doing it on this leg, then doing it in a few months isnt very likely. after the leg that was mentioned in the first post, they still have to do eastern europe and america.

the new album will be released september-ish
    seeing them on yahoo music playing live tracks really makes me wanna see them (i was of the previous opinion they could not pull it off live).

download some of the tracks on sigur-ros.co.uk media section, they can certainly put on one hell of a live show. its not for everyone granted, but if you are a fan, then you'll love them live.

dw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Slightly less surprising - no date for the Czech Republic :(

Better get myself to Berlin I guess.

Goodshape wrote:
    Slightly less surprising - no date for the Czech Republic :(

Better get myself to Berlin I guess.

there will be eastern european dates later this summer. someone told me sept 24th for prague, but thats complete speculation at the moment, cos sigur rós always changed their dates/plans :)

keep an eye on here: http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/index.html

dw

right, presale tickets for the london gig (july 10th at somerset house) go on sale tmrw at 1200 at this address , and the full sale starts 26th of april. the page is blank at the moment, but will go live tmrw at 1200

dw

drrnwbb wrote:
    nope, there was a tour planned (and fully scheduled) for may, but it was eastern europe. that tour was postponed until august/septemberish.

to be honest i cant see an irish concert this tour, i hope it happens, but if they arent doing it on this leg, then doing it in a few months isnt very likely. after the leg that was mentioned in the first post, they still have to do eastern europe and america.

the new album will be released september-ish

download some of the tracks on sigur-ros.co.uk media section, they can certainly put on one hell of a live show. its not for everyone granted, but if you are a fan, then you'll love them live.

dw

i know they block booked a venue here for May but they then postponed it saying that they would be coming back later in the year after summer.

Right, I'm going to book for London. Cheap flights there with Aer Lingus at the moment too.

damien.m wrote:
    Right, I'm going to book for London. Cheap flights there with Aer Lingus at the moment too.

i gave an incorrect link above, here is the proper one: linkylink

dw

• Advertisement

i know they block booked a venue here for May but they then postponed it saying that they would be coming back later in the year after summer.

ah interesting, i didnt know that. i did have the previous tour dates for the cancelled may tour in eastern europe, didnt realise there was another tour schedule floating around. they do have a tendancy to plan/cancel a bit. like a few years back (2002?) when they were gonna play the galway arts festival.

dw

Ahhh, better link. :) Got my ticket and my Aer Lingus flights. Woot.

apparently it wont be til later in the year now.

MCD are organising it tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I dont care when it is just as long as it happens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

damien.m wrote:
    I've seen them live twice. Once at their own show in Dublin and in Paris when they took part in the "Odin's Raven's Magic" concert. More about that show.

I'd advise anyone to go see that show if it happens again. No matter where it's on. Just wish I brought someone else with me to experience it. I'm still lost for words 6 months later. Greatest concert I was ever at.

I downloaded the mp3s from their site and just listening to it i'm lost for words. I can imagine actually seeing that show would leave such an affect!!!

I haven't seen them live yet.... have to see them this time around

odins ravens magic is still being performed every now and then, it was debuted in 2002, then done twice i think in 2003 and then twice again last september in paris.

also it has been recorded and will be released on dvd in some form over the next year or so.

there are bootlegs available of four performances
    2002.04.21 barbican [odin's raven magic]
    2002.05.24 reykjavík [odin's raven magic]
    2004.09.28 paris [odin's raven magic]
    2004.09.29 paris [odin's raven magic]

you can get them from our dc++ hub . my user name is "darren" in there, im in there a lot.

dw

They were brilliant in London. Fantastic venue too. The songs from the upcoming album seem far more upbeat than the songs from (). I think I may book some flights to Boston to see them in September.

cool, i see them in copenhagen on saturday and to be honest i cant wait. i might be going to that boston gig aswell, so if you're going let me know. (tickets go on sale july 16th on ticketmaster)

Some pics from their Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sigurros/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I was going to go to England to see them, but I totally forgot.
    If they play, we have to go mad with the stencils, yeah?
    After seeing Mogwai, I would love to see Sigur Rós.

Advertisement