Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst area in dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The junkies are great craic(pardon the pun) most of the time and the only muggings I've heard of have actually been quite polite affairs.

I know exactly what you mean. I live in a quiet area now and I really miss areas like that. The poverty and misery almost give me a shiver when I think of them really. Areas like that are so real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Tom Selleck

That makes it sound like I'm thrilled that the "poor folk" are there for my entertainment or something....Not what I meant.
    Just that I lived in more rural parts of the country before now, I dunno, It just feels like things are a bit more full on up here. There's more crime obviously but there's also more going on in a positive sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

the only muggings I've heard of have actually been quite polite affairs.

While I agree with a lot of your post about scaremongering and reputations etc (which this thread goes a long way towards), that is the most unintentionally funny/ridiculous thing I've read on Boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Tom Selleck

Yeah I've heard of people being offered cups of tea and custard creams.
    No really though, actually work with someone who was mugged on Talbot street and the guy who'd mugged her handed her a fiver cos he didn't want to see her "stuck getting home". It's influenced my view of muggers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Heelo, I'm Bob, I'll be your mugger today. Today we have a special €5 off deal to promote out new range of smash and grab specials...........

Maybe the Guild of Thieves have insisted on this fiver back deal. Long live the guilds.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've heard of people being offered cups of tea and custard creams.
    No really though, actually work with someone who was mugged on Talbot street and the guy who'd mugged her handed her a fiver cos he didn't want to see her "stuck getting home". It's influenced my view of muggers.

:)

"Holiday In Cambodia"

So you been to school
    For a year or two
    And you know you've seen it all
    In daddy's car
    Thinkin' you'll go far
    Back east your type don't crawl

Play ethnicky jazz
    To parade your snazz
    On your five grand stereo
    Braggin' that you know
    How the niggaz feel cold
    And the slums got so much soul

It's time to taste what you most fear
    Right Guard will not help you here
    Brace yourself, my dear:

It's a holiday in Cambodia
    It's tough, kid, but it's life
    It's a holiday in Cambodia
    Don't forget to pack a wife

edit: removed original link

Thanks for that, got a load of pop ups :mad:

Reported

Collie D wrote:
    Thanks for that, got a load of pop ups :mad:

Reported

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I didn't get any popups-gotta love the apple mac:)
    Possibly your own pc has the issues stovelid

Apologies if it happened to nobody else, must be my crap PC?

• Advertisement

micmclo wrote:
    I didn't get any popups-gotta love the apple mac:)
    Possibly your own pc has the issues stovelid

Nope I got zero popups. I use Firefox with NoScript. All fine here.

edit: Apologies. I tried the link with IE and got a single adware warning from Spybot resident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sorry, got mixed up there.
    Must be your PC with the issues Collie

Reporting was harsh but seems to be sorted now

micmclo wrote:
    Sorry, got mixed up there.
    Must be your PC with the issues Collie

Reporting was harsh but seems to be sorted now

I wasn't actually reporting the poster, just the link. Not trying to get anyone banned.

stovelid wrote:
    edit: Apologies. I tried the link with IE and got a single adware warning from Spybot resident.

That's completely different from what I got. I got the usual "You are our millionth visitor - click here to claim your prize" crap. Then when I tried to close it more came up. Crap, just realised....maybe I was the millionth visitor and I did win the prize :D

Collie D wrote:
    That's completely different from what I got. I got the usual "You are our millionth visitor - click here to claim your prize" crap. Then when I tried to close it more came up. Crap, just realised....maybe I was the millionth visitor and I did win the prize :D

Seeing as I steered you there, I will graciously accept half. ;)

Think it was a holiday. No offence mate (and I'm sure you'll feel the same) but I don't plan on sharing a bed with you on some romantic getaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 friedrich

I am looking at renting a bedsit for the next year around Dorset St. It is cheap, and the bedsit itself looks great, but is it worth it? I'm used to living in leafy suburbs. What can I do to avoid being violently attacked? Is this a bad idea?

Obviously I would keep a low profile and avoid walking around late at night but maybe this is still too dangerous. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

friedrich wrote:
    I am looking at renting a bedsit for the next year around Dorset St. It is cheap, and the bedsit itself looks great, but is it worth it? I'm used to living in leafy suburbs. What can I do to avoid being violently attacked? Is this a bad idea?

Obviously I would keep a low profile and avoid walking around late at night but maybe this is still too dangerous. :confused:

'Violently attacked'? 'too dangerous'?

I've lived between Dorset Street and Parnell Street for the last three years, having grown up in leafy Greystones, and I love the area. I've never had any trouble, rarely seen trouble, and would recommend it to anyone. Beats living in the leafy suburbs any day of the week in my opinion.

Go for it.

Mairt wrote:
    He forgot Ballyfermot so the thread has to stay, sorry.
    I honestly don't think Ballyfermot is anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be. And that's from someone who lived there for 8 years and still regularly visits. Sure it wasn't a bed of roses but our house was never broken into, I or anyone I know was never mugged, everything was alright.

On the other hand, some of the slappers out that way can be rather entertaining... "will ya mee' 'er... ye givin' 'er yer number or wha?" being one of the more recent interesting quotes, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DoNaL-CTN

i must say swords aint reli rough but jesis d amount o wanabe scumbags round der is disgraceful haha i live in skeries meself quiet nuf but our own lil counsil estate mourne veiw isn a place ul go nyt or day in a hurry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Is your keyboard broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

DoNaL-CTN wrote:
    i must say swords aint reli rough but jesis d amount o wanabe scumbags round der is disgraceful haha i live in skeries meself quiet nuf but our own lil counsil estate mourne veiw isn a place ul go nyt or day in a hurry

Translation:

I must say, Swords isn't really rough, but Jesus, the amount of wannabe scumbags around there is disgraceful, haha. I live in Skerries myself. It's quiet enough, but our own little council estate, Mourne View, isn't a place you'd go, night or day in a hurry!

^^^
    No charge for that ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Translation:

I must say, Swords isn't really rough, but Jesus, the amount of wannabe scumbags around there is disgraceful, haha. I live in Skerries myself. It's quiet enough, but our own little council estate, Mourne View, isn't a place you'd go, night or day in a hurry!

^^^
    No charge for that ;)

wtf is a wannabe scumbag? Who'd actually aspire to being to being a scumbag, not really much of an ambition is it? Makes you wonder what sort of people they are now if they dream about being scumbags some day.
    Perhaps Donal CTN means that these people are already scumbags but wannbe something else? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Nah people wannabe skang to be more tough and not sound like a twat..

THe worst area is north speldtstown the new area of upper east side southwest tallaght

upper east side southwest tallaght

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭nannou4

The 5 Worst On The Southside would probly be..

Tallaght : Although not all of it is that rough , A good bit of it is , Jobestown isn't a place everyone would walk down feelin safe..very run down and littered with rubbish , fettercairn , killinarden and rossfield are similar.

Inchicore , Crumlin (most of) and Drimnagh , All fairly simmilar yet it gets dodgier the closer you are to the canal , dunno why just does , inchicore is full of drug pushing scum and and drimnagh also , same with crumlin

Ballyfermot : Total Nightmare Of A Place.'nuff said.

Rialto , Dolphins Barn , The Coombe & The Liberties : Very run down..often referred to as an "area of decay"..easy to see why..also very rough and a dangerous place.

Clondalkin: Extremely rough in areas such as Bawnougue and Neilstown. Usually described as a warzone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Nannou, you're full of it, for starters there's no such place as Jobestown in Tallaght, and I doubt very much you've spent anytime in any of the other places from what you've said. "'nuff said".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Adrian Kennedy used this thread as the basis for a segment of his show last night - 'The worst area in Dublin'.

I think it turned out that Darndale was the worst area, although the people of the area were denying any problems existed in the area at all.

Ce sera and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭nannou4

Ye i'd definitaly say Darndale as one of them at least. if not the worst! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 freezer502

what would the best area in around dublin 8 to move into, i hear they are all bad but surely that cant be the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement