Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weezer -confirmed - June 7th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

anyone fancy buying a spare? I have no credit card available for use tomorrow morning :mad: I'll pay round it up to the nearest Euro too;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

I'm gonna go nuts if I don't get a ticket...grrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

woo-Hoo!!

Got my tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

Got mine! Yay!

Get any spares :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Snip182

Me too fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Sold out.

Mine are on the way though. :)

tibor wrote:
    Sold out.

Mine are on the way though. :)

no way :mad:

ok, if anyone has one for sale, please pm me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Managed to get 2 seats in the balcony. Was hard though, they seemed to get snapped up very quick! Doesnt seem to be returning any tickets when you search for them now though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

At least it means all the diehard fans hopefully got them. Maybe the lads will see how much they're worshipped over here and do another gig!

Got two tickets in Stephen's Green, oh yeahhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

They've no spare dates to do an extra gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Was trying to be optimistic for those who didn't get them...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Well, got mine. Standing and all. :D I kind of spent half an hour fretting over it and constantly refreshing my browser but 'twas all worth it in the end. :) Anyone know what the situation on ID will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The situation for ID will be tough. This is a BUDWEISER event so alcohol will be available. Vicar Street were one of the few venues who have a very rigid stance on no under 18s allowed and frequently gave my little brother grief even though he was 17 & with a crowd of 25 year olds and looked old enough. They often point blank refuse admission but one night they let him stand upstairs on the balcony even though he had a downstairs ticket.TBH it could go either way, I'm not going to say any under 18s will or wont have a hard time getting in, but if they get turned away they'll have no grounds for complaint as it is a strictly over 18s gig

Well, got mine. Standing and all. :D I kind of spent half an hour fretting over it and constantly refreshing my browser but 'twas all worth it in the end. :) Anyone know what the situation on ID will be?

Not a hope son, not a hope, best just sell your ticket to me now;)

Ah no, seriously, give it a shot, but don't count on it. Now if you don't get in... what will you do with your ticket? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i got mine but not without really crapping my pants.

i joined the queue at stephen's green SC at about 07:45 (it was pretty long, down towards the gaiety).

when i got inside and waiting for tickets one of the guys leaned over and said
    "are you all for weezer?"

we all reply "yeah" he says "there's about ten left".

at this stage there were about 5/6 people ahead of me. I don't like frights too early in the morning. to cut a long story short, i got my three tickets and everyone that was in the queue at stephen's green look like a genunine weezer fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Cremo wrote:
    i joined the queue at stephen's green SC at about 07:45 (it was pretty long, down towards the gaiety).

Mad, was the whole queue to the Gaiety for Weezer tickets?

yes it was indeed.

i took pot luck as i didn't know whether the green would open at eight.

on my way up to the green i saw two people sitting down on the pavement beside that irish music store on nassau street. they looked like they were weezer fans and looked like they were there for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

It was a close call for me, I rang a mate to use his CC and it didnt work (over his limit) but he said he was standing outside Zhivago's on shop street (he's a delivery driver) and that it was open (8.05 am) He popped in and got me 3 tickets!!, the guy behind the counter said they were actually sold out but the shop bought some expecting late customers and gave him 3!!

SWEET!!!!!!

S.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

rang the hotline at amout 8 no drama here :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Got my ticket at 8.45 this mornin in soundcellar on nassau st. And my friend bought one there just a few minutes ago!! So there are a few left, just not in ticketmaster, i think souncellar printed out a wad this mornin.

If you want one, run! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

b0llocks,if anybody has any they dont need i would take them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I got one standing ticket online at just after 8am. My mates were all supposed to get them but only a few did.

The Ticketmaster site said they weren't on sale...........i went online at bout 7.55am in case they went on sale early. Just after 8 and it was still sayin not on sale.....got impatient refreshing that screen so clicked on to buy and figured i'd just keep refreshing the order page...........instead i found the tickets were actually on sale. :eek:

My mate text me at 8.20 sayin what was happening cause it was still saying not on sale so i told her they are on sale but you have to click onto the order page. She'd been online since 8 and by 8.20 all the tickets were sold out............now one pissed off person :mad:

i was one of the lucky ones..................but seriously....vicar st????!!! Its like them playing Whelans............bigger venues people!!

Everyone should email the guys on the Weezer website giving out. I remember for the last tour I complained to them that Weezer weren't coming here and some nice guy replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

so send them loads of emails complaining they don't play here, and then when they do complain anyway!

all the venues they're playing at the moment are small. maybe they just want to get back into the swing of things playing for the people that are devoted enough to get there hands on tickets and have relatively few posers around.

Remember folks, any spares, please PM me :(

yeh, i don't care where they are playing to be honest, i've waited ever since windows 95 came out to see weezer in ireland, and i ain't gonna complain about anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

this sucks :mad: :mad:

was caught in the worst possible traffic jam ever outside Naas this morning. Got off the bus at 8.55am (didn't bother stopping off at the office to try there - normally in a lot earlier) and legged it down to Top Twenty only to be disappointed.

anyone got spares please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

So unfortunate that the Leaving Cert starts the day after this. I didn't bother getting a ticket, but I'm surprised they sold out so quickly.

They'll no doubt play here when they next tour Europe under a new album since the demand was so high, but Vicar Street?! Damn fine place to see them in.

Ah well, Beverly Hills is starting to get on my nerves anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Ah well, drumming up a fake shouldn't be a bother! :D I was online from about twenty to eight. I kept refreshing and it went to the buy screen a few minutes after eight. :) Should be exceelent, but it means a fake ID needs to be acquired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I was lucky enough to get two balcony ones in Sound Cellar after my mate couldn't get them online. I darted into town and got them :)

Was pleased with that. I'm looking forward to it :p

Advertisement