Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weezer -confirmed - June 7th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I suppose you'd prefer it in the point?

Next to ANYWHERE in Bray of course, Vicar St would be an excellent venue for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

[rant]
    I seriously think Weezer have under-estimated their fan base in Ireland though.

I mean they'd definantly sell out the Olympia or the Ambassador. They'd probably even be close to selling out The Point. So why Vicar Street? Terrible venue for any band, in my opinion!

I do like Vicar Street. It's not a bad venue for simple acoustic acts / comedians but not for bands of this magnitude!
    [/rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I remember back in the olden days of boards there was a petition doing the rounds to bring weezer to Ireland.

I guess it worked, hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i hate for weezer to play the point, the point is such a horrible venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I think Vicar Street would be great provided I managed to get a ticket! Any of Olympia, Ambassador, Vicar St as long as I've a ticket!

I just can't wait, they better get a move on and announce where soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mate of mine e-mailed Aiken Promotions regarding the venue.. and they said nothing is confirmed yet.. but keep an eye on VicarStreet.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

basquille wrote:
    [rant]
    I mean they'd definantly sell out the Olympia or the Ambassador. They'd probably even be close to selling out The Point. So why Vicar Street? Terrible venue for any band, in my opinion!

What? Vicar Street is so much better than either the Ambassador or the Olympia. It's not even that much smaller, yet besides, the smaller the better, and the sound is usually fantastic. It's great when bands like this makes it to Vicar Street, even though my chances of actually going to this gig and liking the new album are slim.

And no, they'd never fill the Point to any successful degree.

I don't know why people dislike Maladroit, I think it's a class album. Not as good as Pinkerton or Blue but great anyway.

it's not that it's not good, it's just it's terrible when it's compared to the last work, and lets face it everyone compares albums to albums.

also when Rivers starting writing the green album and later on maladroit he had no connections with the songs the lyrics meant nothing to him.

the worst thing to ever happen to weezer was matt sharp leaving, he was Rivers' main man and if he didn't like what was happening he'd say it.

Have to agree on Matt Sharp being the man, his solo stuff's alright too but not brilliant. What I miss most abot Matt in Weezer is the backing vocals, Scott's a good bassist but no voice!

Yeah I'd hold that Maladroit's a much better album than Green.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

I prefare Matt also. His solo stuff, and the stuff with The Rentals is actually quite good. Very Pinkerton-ish.
    Aiken promotions have confirmed that Weezer are booked for June 7th, so I presume that its either Vicar Street or The RDS. My money is on Vicar Street. But the RDS would be cool. Unlikely, but cool :)

The Pinkerstons are also playing after the gig in Eamonn Dorans.. thats what the mix up is

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The RDS (outdoor) is a worse venue than the point. The sound has always been terrible when I've been at gigs there. Do they have an indoor venue there?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

It might have something to do with this:

http://www.budrising.ie/

Dont know how many of you guys made it to any of these shows last year, but they were all in small venues and they were all tremendous! It might have something to do with the delay in announcing where they are playing too!

And theres no way Weezer could fill the Point. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

i'd say i'd sell my soul to louis walsh...any chance there might be a presale of tickets for fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Is the venue confirmed yet and are tickets on sale?

venue not officially announced yet, buts gonna be part of the Bud Rising Festival.
    Vicar Street, i reckon

I dont know. Last year, Budrising put Ian Brown in the Village, The Charlatans in Whelans, Primal Scream in the RedBox and Kings of Leon in Temple Bar Music Centre! It might not be somewhere as big as Vicar St!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Twistedlilkitty

The Venue is going to be Vicar Street, Aiken are afraid they won't sell the tickets.
    Good Venue not a great capacity.

Well if aiken are so scared of not selling tickets, does that not mean they could potentially move it to a smaller venue?! How are you so sure its going to be vicar street?!

Well if aiken are so scared of not selling tickets, does that not mean they could potentially move it to a smaller venue?! How are you so sure its going to be vicar street?!

I think s/he was saying that in relation to the RDS.

I'd be putting my money on Vicar Street too, since this is part of a tour and Weezer have never played a show here. Vicar Street is small enough though, the London Brixton Academy is four times the capacity and they're playing two nights at that venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I dont really care if they play in a shed as long as I get a ticket.

How big is Vicar St? Bigger or smaller than The Olympia?

S.

i think it's smaller than the olympia.

anyone think it's a good idea going to the show considering i have Leaving cert english next day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

Cremo wrote:
    anyone think it's a good idea going to the show considering i have Leaving cert english next day?

no stay at home and let someone else get your ticket.

but you can always repeat the leaving next year, and what of the chances of seeing a multimillion selling band like Weezer in a tiny place again?

How are you so sure its going to be vicar street?!

I phoned the promotor

Cremo wrote:
    i think it's smaller than the olympia.

Paper one right? sure do you actually need to study for that?

Its definitely on in Vicar Street. Anyone going to the after party?

Confirmed today, yup it's in Vicar Street. Part of the Bud Rising thing too:

http://www.vicarstreet.com/event.asp?eid=161

Tickets onsale Wednesday 13th April. €32 ain't too shabby. Shít that I won't be able to go to this (I'll get a ticket anyway just in case I have a change of heart, Vicar Street would be a damn fine venue to see them in).

I think the fact thats its on a tuesday night bodes well for getting tickets.......

any one have any pictures of the lay out of Vicar St, I cant find any........

€32 not too bad, considering i would pay double to see them play.

here's hoping Rivers won't be an asshole and play maladroit.

i'd also like to see a layout for vicar street and what capacity is it?

• Advertisement

I found a layout: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/venue/198259 (that wasnt always there)

S.

Im gonna be nervous till I have my ticket in my hand.

Advertisement