Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weezer -confirmed - June 7th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

yeah that gig should rock, especially in vicar st. has anyone seen making the video for weezer's new single beverly hills? during it they play clips of 3 new songs from the fifth album, they sound really good
    we are all on drugs, peace and another one i cant remember the name to....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this is such a pity.

we are all on drugs sounds a mix of maladroit and the green album :S Rivers should stop trying to rap and he doesn't do it very well.

i will also be nervous until i get my ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

This is great news. Any word on whether they'll remove those scoliosis-inducing seats and make the gig standing-room only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Seats!.......... Im sure they wont have seats, that would be awful and would mean less tickets.

What is everyone doing for tickets? online or a shop? Id prefer to buy it in a shop so I have it in my hand asap, but online is available an hour earlier (8am) I doubt it will be sold out in an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Twistedlilkitty

thats what you think
    hope they don't do the presale thing again...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rock angel

Thats another gig i'm missing that and Beck.

What are the odds. Damm and blast.

Any chance they could do extra dates.....

doubt it they pretty much booked for whole of june.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rock angel

Well thanks Cremo guess thats me put straight...so i'll have to miss two great shows.!

any ideas of anyone coming after the 10th?

Hear that Helmet are coming to RDS if you into that music.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Seats!.......... Im sure they wont have seats, that would be awful and would mean less tickets.

What is everyone doing for tickets? online or a shop? Id prefer to buy it in a shop so I have it in my hand asap, but online is available an hour earlier (8am) I doubt it will be sold out in an hour.

Vicar St has a balcony that's all seated.

Oh yeah and expect it to sell out within the hour. This gig is incredibly popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

I advise you listen to maladroit again. It has some great songs. Its not as good as the rest of the stuff, but I think the majority of weezer fans are little bitches ;)
    its a good album, with good songs. Is just not up to standard of the rest of the stuff.

As for Pinkerton, Rivers has made peace with the album. They include some Pinkerton stuff in their set these days

• Advertisement

i'm sorry i can't listen to maladroit again, what was he thinking, it's so rubbish it's just

meaningless verse 1
    meaningless verse 2
    chorus
    crappy shredded solo
    chorus again.

the fact that they released demos almost daily on the web site too, made people judge the album before it hit the shelves, they even released a finished version of the album on the site before release.

it's all scott's fault, i can't believe Rivers hired vanilla ice's bassist to be in weezer lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

It has its moments.

Keep Fishing!
    Dope Nose
    Slob (brilliant song)
    Love Explosion (ok, the chorus sounds like the Locomotion)
    Fall Together
    Slave
    Living Without You

They're all great songs.

Go on, give it another go

Cremo wrote:
    it's all scott's fault, i can't believe Rivers hired vanilla ice's bassist to be in weezer

what did you just say? I really hope thats a joke.

This gig hasnt been advertised anywhere apart from word of mouth and the aiken website afaik, Its not even on ticketmaster.ie yet (which im worried about) So your average weezer fan might not know that they are playing (if it wasnt for boards.ie I wouldnt know) combine that with the fact its on a Tuesday and before a leaving cert Exam and its over 18's I might just get a ticket....... I better get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah to be fair, it's just about 100 people on this board plus the official weezer site who've been hyping up this gig. It only went up on ticketmaster this morning.

Having said that, I will be outside ticketmaster in Stephen's Green from 6am tomorrow morning whilst the buachaill tries to get them on the ticketmaster site...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I am so worried about getting a ticket, i usually go with .ie but its not on the site yet and then my local ticket shop isnt exactly up to much but im gonna have to try my bollox off

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

*hugs his four tickets*

Yay :D

Zyox wrote:
    *hugs his four tickets*

Yay :D

Please tell us how you have them........

If there's a certain kind of people i hate its smug bastards like this guy

sssshhhh....... lull him into a false sense of security and then kill him for the tickets......

Set your alarms early: Tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

are the tickets on sale tomorrow then,i cant find any info on that ticketmaster site

• Advertisement

yes they are on sale, from 8am tomorrow.

about my recent comments about scott.

it was only meant as a joke, i don't hate the guy but neither do i like him, its not his fault weezer have gone down hill.

slob is by far the best song from maladroit.

I dont really care about scott, but he didnt really play with vanilla Ice did he?

I dont really care about scott, but he didnt really play with vanilla Ice did he?
    fraid so

http://scott-shriner.biography.ms/

Oh my god, thats unbelivable......... did rivers here him in that band and say "We must get that guy in our band!!" LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

does anyone know what time the ticketmaster outlets open at tomorrow morning?

mayordenis wrote:
    you sure it's nine?

would you reckon they'd then sell out from the hour they go on sale on the net (8am)??

It could go either way, its ment to be 750 tickets, thats not alot, thats 250 people buying 3 each, and im sure the ticketmaster staff get first dibs on them too.......

Im gonna have to buy a ticket in a shop, my damm credit card is maxed out.......

see i don't know whether to make the trip into dublin for 9 o clock or wait until the local ticketmaster at 9:30.

decisions, decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

i'll b up at 7.45 in case the tickets are released early, buyin online....too lazy to physically go into town

Advertisement