Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you still call green day punk?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You're so right, because all that music doesn't still exist, in any form. I mean, I wish I could have been around for the days when you could have bough Dead Kennedys or Minor Threat music. Oh wait. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

:)

Exactly, so don't discriminate against people based on theri age when it comes to music. Music outlives its creators and we can still listen to it now even if it was written before we were born.

How I always kknow by peoples age is the bands they call Punk......... Greenday/Blink182/NOfx/Rancid they are noting more then pop punk to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

You're about....hmmmmmmm...4 then?

• Advertisement

I will crack up laughing any minute..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 NobodysHero

id call green day crap :rolleyes:

Anarchist: They are pop-punk. That doesn't mean they're bad, or not punk. Thy're an easily accessible version of punk. I don't think anyone's going to argue they're in the same bracket as The Misfits, Minor Threat or any of that bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

The whole is this punk/is that punk has to ****ing stop! I hope this board does become a "real" Vs. "fake" thing. so shut up everyone! Please. I like a bit of Greenday, they were pop punk and have evolved into something else. I also like a lot of "proper" punk: Misfits, DK, Discharge, To What End?, Foot In Mouth, Samhain. so it doesn't make a ****ing ounce of difference. so stop bickering and grow up. please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

agreed.

• Advertisement

Very good Matthew darling. I got the Disclose cds today..WOOO!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Anarchist wrote:
    How I always kknow by peoples age is the bands they call Punk......... Greenday/Blink182/NOfx/Rancid they are noting more then pop punk to me.

Ah **** off thanks.
    See i dont see why morons really need to have a go at these bands sure i'd rate the likes of crass higher and even conflict but i can still sit down and throw on "pop punk" or anything else for that matter and like it.
    Its bad enough with the elitest punks that actually do know what they are on about but this guy should be shot with a bullet of his own ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Mayordenis for mod!

Hooray for mayordenis!

Advertisement