Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I tried adding it to the post but it came out massive

So after several setbacks and delays I finally got tattooed. And I love it. I really recommend Aengus in AWOL to anyone, he's brilliant and really listens to you but gives his own input as well. also he's generally a nice guy.

Would just like to add, if anyone wants to use this design, the typewriter is basically just an illustration I found online slightly adjusted so I'm not going to say don't use it but please please do not copy the text (unless you have good reason which I'd like to hear beforehand) because it carries so much meaning for me and I'd hate to see it and the typewriter on the body of someone who doesn't even know what it means or what it's derived from.

How big is the tattoo out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only half done so far, Starship Troopers piece (Victor Tattoo Galway), I don't think I have and ever will see one movie so many times in my lifetime, watch it at least once a year. Excuse the quality it's from a phone, and the flash makes it look a little less colorful then it is.

30062011133.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

First Tattoo Healed.. Got it 13 June
    newpicsfromphone007.jpg

Second Tattoo just after being Done Yesterday and Its killing me now :( Foot= Bad idea

newpicsfromphone008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RightlyRandom

First and only tattoo. Got it done over a year ago, Love It! :D

Excuse the messy room. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

very nice! JMD's??

LOl am i the only one who thought after her other thread that she'd get a ban for putting up a pic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RightlyRandom

That aimed at me Raze? What was wrong with my last thread, only asked a question; stupid one it may have been, was still only a question though ha.

Anyway, didn't get it in JMD's got it done in a small shop in Dungarvan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Can't quite see it all... :pac:

Just kidding, that looks stunning.

IMAG0224.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

That aimed at me Raze? What was wrong with my last thread, only asked a question; stupid one it may have been, was still only a question though ha.

Anyway, didn't get it in JMD's got it done in a small shop in Dungarvan. :)
    ha ha no my mind went from thread about nipple piercing to picture thread, this can only end in a ban ha sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Finished my tattoo earlier today.:)

260151_10150249607204700_768109699_7261197_4579657_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

KTRIC wrote: »
    Just got this done, its quite hard to take a pic of your arm I found. Doesn't do the tattoo justice though.

IMG_3026.jpg

Looks even better in real life.

Guys I was in town last night and seen this tattoo and thought 'Damn, thats on boards.ie'!.. Nice meeting you KTRIC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Can't quite see it all... :pac:

Warning infraction issued. Please read the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Are you ****ing kidding me :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yeah, I got it. Ridiculous decision.

Arguing with a mods decision especially in this manner could make it worse.
    I suggest you take Damos infraction and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you have a problem with the mod action that I have taken, then PM me to discuss it. Arguing with mod decisions on thread will only lead to actual infractions, and it is a general boards wide rule that you do not question/argue moderators actions in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 canadian exile

sorry about the picture it was taken straight after the session by the artist on my iphone and the gold and red both need to be touched up photo.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Sweatynutsack

I got these 2 done in the last 6 months !!
    Right elbow and inner arm, Ian Flynn from JMD's may have better pics on his facebook portfolio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Hi All
    Am new here, these are my tattoos so far......
    Frog was done last week on my thigh...
    Butterfly was done last yr on my ankle
    Ogham tattoo is on my wrist and is my kids names (sorry, it's a dirt pic, will get a proper one if anyone wants to look at it in more detail)
    Also have the obligatory 'tramp stamp' on my back (must get a pic of it)

Have 2 or 3 more planned but need funds, oh to win the lottery :o)

btw, am loving all the pics of everyones tattoos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

BadGirl wrote: »
    Hi All
    Am new here, these are my tattoos so far......
    Frog was done last week on my thigh...
    Butterfly was done last yr on my ankle
    Ogham tattoo is on my wrist and is my kids names (sorry, it's a dirt pic, will get a proper one if anyone wants to look at it in more detail)
    Also have the obligatory 'tramp stamp' on my back (must get a pic of it)

Have 2 or 3 more planned but need funds, oh to win the lottery :o)

I'll be winning it first.

Have to say they are savage tats. The butterfly is fantastic, really elegant, and the Ogham, super. I like the way it's done circular, and not the usual straght line.

Thanks SolvableKnave :)
    Am looking for some Sugar Skull ideas for the next one LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Thanks SolvableKnave :)
    Am looking for some Sugar Skull ideas for the next one LOL

:D Believe it or not, thats on my list too. I have one tat to finish off, getting right around upper arm, and then the Sugar Skull. I've seen one particular image that blew my mind, so I will change it up for myself. Dunno when it'll be done though.

There are some really cool designs out there, would you be pure Sugar Skull?, or a Hybrid with the Gypsy Girl design?, which can look pretty awesome.

I have seen one 'pure' sugar skull that i loved for ages, but recently have found a gypsy type one and it is AMAZING. I will get the artist that has designed it to tweak it a little for me but can't WAIT to get it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Here's my last Tattoo done by Rob in Snakebite, its on the inside of my right calf. It's Brazilian JiuJitsu in Japanese which I do and love.

208109_1944588050891_1128195754_32347818_3126822_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Teangalad wrote: »
    That looks like a symbol from Stargate , maybe something the JAfa would have on their heads....?

WARHAMMER

Here's my last Tattoo done by Rob in Snakebite, its on the inside of my right calf. It's Brazilian JiuJitsu in Japanese which I do and love.

208109_1944588050891_1128195754_32347818_3126822_n.jpg

Loving this, unusual to get this kind of tatt in a colour other than black. Niiiice x

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Very nicely done but it just reads "jujutsu".

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Bambi wrote: »
    Very nicely done but it just reads "jujutsu".

I know and was going to say that but I didn't want to confuse things, It's used in Brazilian Jiujitsu as more tribute to it's origins which stem from Japan and Japanese JuJitsu and Judo.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Spudy67

21kklkp.jpg

thats really nice spudy....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Spudy67

thats really nice spudy....:)
    thanks, didnt hurt 2 much either. the girl who did it said it was like tattooing a corpse :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement