Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

My friend was over in my house last week and was talking to me about getting a tattoo, she wanted to get one of an elephant so i showed her this..
    she got it today and loves it! :)

Id hate if someone copied one of my tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Melion wrote: »
    Id hate if someone copied one of my tattoos.

I based that on about 4 or 5 designs and combined them all with the artist a few days before getting it done. I suppose thats the downside or the risk of this thread really. You're relying on someone using it for ideas and hoping they don't copy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

sparkyMedium.jpg
    muphyMedium.jpg
    Both mean a lot to me for personal reasons I won't get into, but these are mine. If I had more money I'd have more! And yeah, I would totally hate someone copying my inks. That's something I'd never do and wish more people were original. I could never just get one from a book

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

She may not have been original in coming up with a new idea.. I know Id find that very hard..
    But the tattoo still means something to her and at the end of the day its on her body forever. She liked the design and so she got it..
    I'll apologise for me showing her if thats bad tattoo etiquette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Sea monster added

Some more sea pirate sleeve stuff added, just some shading/filling in left now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I had this done by Paul at Moms Body Shop in The Haight, SanFran... Hurt like a mother, nearly left with half a tattoo!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150206308392547&set=a.464636757546.252543.732217546&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

download.jpg

first tattoo only got it last week, aint got a better pic yet.

Got a dermal inplamt in my lip aswel, no pics of thta becauseit hasnt stoped bleeding yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

tfak85 wrote: »
    I had this done by Paul at Moms Body Shop in The Haight, SanFran... Hurt like a mother, nearly left with half a tattoo!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150206308392547&set=a.464636757546.252543.732217546&type=1&theater
    i cant see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

This is mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

While in France me and three friends each got a little jigsaw piece, each a bit different.
    My third and smallest tattoo so far.
    FRANCE2011490.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 gloriacollins

interesting thread.. nice....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

She may not have been original in coming up with a new idea.. I know Id find that very hard..
    But the tattoo still means something to her and at the end of the day its on her body forever. She liked the design and so she got it..
    I'll apologise for me showing her if thats bad tattoo etiquette.
    Showing her isn't, but copying someones custom tattoo design can be annoying/upsetting for some people, as it is someone taking something that you have put a lot of time, effort and thought into, something that is very personal to you, and just copying it exactly.
    Trotter wrote: »
    I based that on about 4 or 5 designs and combined them all with the artist a few days before getting it done. I suppose thats the downside or the risk of this thread really. You're relying on someone using it for ideas and hoping they don't copy it.
    Mod hat on:
    To that end, if anyone ever wishes to have a photo that they have put up here taken down again, please just drop me a PM, preferably with a link to the page that the tattoo pic is on, and I can take it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The first one is the most recent(2 weeks), Dream Catcher with Greek Eye, and the second is a rose on a vine. Both done by Brian in WildCat Stephens Green. Very happy with both. Some touch up work tonight on an old one, and then, hopefully in few weeks or a month, start on filling out the second one to cover right around the upper arm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just got this done, its quite hard to take a pic of your arm I found. Doesn't do the tattoo justice though.

IMG_3026.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Anyone hazard a guess what it is?

164943.jpg

Awkward to take a pic of your arm innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

I was a Mario kid!

The day I got it, still a bit red..
    06032010222.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

FearDark wrote: »

164943.jpg

Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

FearDark wrote: »

164943.jpg

That looks like a symbol from Stargate , maybe something the JAfa would have on their heads....?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Teangalad wrote: »
    That looks like a symbol from Stargate , maybe something the JAfa would have on their heads....?

Nope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It's from Zelda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

Triforce!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

Love some of the work in this thread they really make me want to get something done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EmmaBoo

KTRIC wrote: »
    Just got this done, its quite hard to take a pic of your arm I found. Doesn't do the tattoo justice though.

IMG_3026.jpg
    That's a really cool design :)

Planning my next one now, hoping to get a custom fairy done but might get a small one done before that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

EmmaBoo wrote: »
    That's a really cool design :)

Its my first, so I was a little apprehensive about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

XUtce.jpg
    I tried adding it to the post but it came out massive

So after several setbacks and delays I finally got tattooed. And I love it. I really recommend Aengus in AWOL to anyone, he's brilliant and really listens to you but gives his own input as well. also he's generally a nice guy.

Would just like to add, if anyone wants to use this design, the typewriter is basically just an illustration I found online slightly adjusted so I'm not going to say don't use it but please please do not copy the text (unless you have good reason which I'd like to hear beforehand) because it carries so much meaning for me and I'd hate to see it and the typewriter on the body of someone who doesn't even know what it means or what it's derived from.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Image not showing up.

Showing up for me and others in an off topic thread in the LGBT forum. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Working fine for me also, the pic is also up on the AWOL page on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Latest addition :)

Puss-1.jpg

shellioc

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    Working fine for me also, the pic is also up on the AWOL page on facebook

Oh yeah tagged them in it, completely forgot that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement