Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart employee happy to answer questions on bb rollout

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

center15 wrote:
    Hi Garfield,
    Any date for the DOUGLAS (DGSA) exchange in Cork? It is a fairly big exchange I'm suprised there's no date yet.
    Good to see you on boards
    center15

I too would be interested in finding out if there are any plans for Douglas...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

OFDM wrote:
    Looks like I'm unfortunately stuck with utv for the foreseeable future...

Will the free line rental forever continue if someone moves house after signing up?

Answered here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Welcome to Boards Garfield, great to see an "operator" - it's like a dirty word these days, I feel the need to do air quotes whenever I say it - taking the time, and having the guts, to come here and take the bad with the good. I hope you'll stay for the duration and not wuss out like some of your predecessors! I also hope my comments and questions below are taken constructively; some of them may seem a little aggressive, but I'm just looking for answers, not a fight. :)

I'm hanging on the coattails of others in this thread, so I'll use quotes from posts where possible. However at the most basic level, I'm having difficulty understanding the economics of this. Obviously you can't go into detail on the financials, but hopefully you'll be able to give us some idea of how you expect to turn a profit on this. You certainly won't turn a profit with me when you merge in the line rental and try to offset it with my calls, since I barely use the phone.

So I'm a loss leader, how do you compensate for me? Consumer bulk perhaps, but if UTV can only pull in 20,000 customers, is that really viable for Smart? I hate to reopen an old wound here, but this smacks of Genesis Europe to me -- people with the best of intentions, but serious implementation difficulties that led to shuttering. (Careful in your response, I drink regularly with ex-GE guys. :))
    It’s a full service offering. If you take broadband from us, we’ll also provide you with your voice service.
    Easy one to get started: Last I heard, Esat were only unbundling the data portion of the line, if you wanted voice off them on that line it was an Eircom resell. Are Smart going with full unbundling?
    (In answer to PIE) It's hardly 'so low'. It's the standard at present.
    I'm surprised at your suggestion that 16:1 is the standard; in fact I'd be surprised if even 8:1 was the norm (which would be 256 upstream on your 2MB product). Most of the products I've seen have been 4:1, which I've been given to understand are that way to be inline with usage (in that people tend to upload about a quarter of what they download). On a pure usability front, personally I'd find 128 to be extremely frustrating to work with, and although I'm admittedly a SOHO user, I would be part of the one-size-fits-all setup you're suggesting. I'm afraid your one-size wouldn't fit this fella.
    (In answer to EircomTribunal) For Smart to perform the line test itself, we would have to unbundle the copper pair first, not knowing that we could definitely offer the service. That's an expensive route that we would rather avoid. We'll see how we get on in practice. [...] (Don't have an answer for that. If ComReg say so, I'm sure it is.)
    "If ComReg say so" is probably not a good choice of answer around here. ComReg say a lot of things "in general", but if their Quarterly Reports are anything to go by, most of those things are complete bullsh*t. Unencumbering of prospective lines is an important issue that affects yourselves as much as it does us, can you find out the /official/ answer please, one that we can hold both yourselves and ComReg to?
    wideband wrote:
    Quote: "There is no limits on the amount of data that can be downloaded or uploaded however users whose usage is deemed excessive on a regular basis will be contacted and restrictions will be used if the activity persists."
    Moriarty calls this a rant and he has a point, but so does wideband. "No limits" is another phrase that is /seriously/ not welcome around here -- if it wasn't for Esat's explicit use of the phrase, IrelandOffline probably wouldn't exist and it's quite possible this forum wouldn't either. "No limits" on hosting and broadband products is snakeoil, you know it and we know it. So please, define "excessive". We're not looking for caps or explicit limits, but I certainly feel that a reasonable estimate of where Smart is going to draw the line is not too much to ask.
    Thaed wrote:
    So you want people to give you thier bank account details with permission to remove money before you will even bother to see if you can provide them with a service ?
    This is a tricky one. One would assume that Smart is requiring the DD as a form of contract to tie you down to, but it seems like a pretty cheap and nasty way of handling it -- a contract's a contract, if Smart designed their own and got people to sign it, you'd think it would have the same force in law. However it should be added (for Thaed's benefit) that if they did start charging you for a service they didn't supply, well, that would be fraud and you'd have a slam-dunk case against them. I still think requiring a DD is a very odd idea though, I'd be interested in a proper explanation.
    pwd wrote:
    What happnens if you mofve during the contract?
    This is a very important issue that has affected me personally and many other people here. With the bitstream product, because of the way Eircom charge for it, subscribers are effectively faced with having to buy out the remaining time on their contract if they have to move part way through. Some providers will work with you on it, but it's still a worry for people because there's no defined policy. So first of all, are the circumstances facing Smart the same as they are for bitstream providers? And if that's the case, how will Smart deal with the issue?
    On the subject of static IP addresses, what has people's experience been of dynamic DNS as a substitute? I used it all the time for connecting back to my home computer when I was on eircom's dynamic IP service.
    Dynamic DNS adds an extra two points of failure to the process - the dynamic dns service itself and the daemon on the user's computer - and as such injects a risk that will be unpalatable to many. I certainly wouldn't be willing to take that risk, as being able to access my machine remotely in emergencies isn't just desirable, it's mandatory. There's absolutely no reason you can't supply static IP addresses as an optional extra, so please do so. Just don't go wild on charges or we'll be having words in RIPE's ear. :)

One more thing, a personal request if you will: Please don't use the "it's €35 but it's really €11 cos of the line rental" thing in the mainstream. It's true to a degree and your marketers will cream themselves at the very idea, but to clued-in first-movers it's a marketing hack, and it's clued-in first-movers that a very large number (imho) of norms will go to for advice on technical products like this. They can be your best friends or your worst enemies. Make them your friends, eh? :)

Thanks,
    adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

dahamsta wrote:
    One more thing, a personal request if you will: Please don't use the "it's €35 but it's really €11 cos of the line rental" thing in the mainstream.

Which line rental figure applies to subscribers after the first 100,000 , it may be that they will have to pay the full Eircom Rate (incl VAT) and not the Full LLU rate + VAT

Therefore

First 100,000 rate
    = €35 (incl Vat)

Subsequently
    either of

35 + (14.65 +VAT) = €52.73

or

35 + 24.20 (standard (Eircom) line rental) = €59.20

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭cmdrpaddy

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/products/broadband/index.htm

specifically : "That’s 4 times faster and free line rental all for just €35.00 per month (incl. VAT). "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

1. You hope it really means it? I'm the Programme Manager for this service. James, how ever much you hope, I hope it more. At present we're on schedule, most recent updates as of this afternoon, confirm that.

2. Free trials? Not a chance. This is 2MB broadband for €35 less €24 line rental. €11 for 2MB. What's not to like? If we can't deliver the service, you can invalidate the contract.

Garfield.

Garfield, this has been asked in a number of posts and not yet answered in the required detail. If your the programme manager you know what exchanges are done and whats next (with an estimated date).
    So, can you post the list in any fashion (i.e. excel, word) for the rest of the members, and before you state that the list is subject to change and based on interest (logged local inquiries) I already understand that, but you still have a role out exchange plan that we would like to see.
    The earlier mail around phase 1,2,3...etc is too high level.
    Cheers

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Wouldn't it be funny if the people in Smart were just making an elaborate hoax which would be unveiled to us all on April 1st next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Quite a few people on this thread seem to agree that static IP addresses and an upload speed of at least 256kb are quite important. Personally I'm in this boat.

Garfield, do you not feel that in relation to these points, it might be a good idea for SMART to offer both static IP's and >256kb upload speeds, in order to get taken a bit more seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

SachaJ wrote:
    Quite a few people on this thread seem to agree that static IP addresses and an upload speed of at least 256kb are quite important. Personally I'm in this boat.

Garfield, do you not feel that in relation to these points, it might be a good idea for SMART to offer both static IP's and >256kb upload speeds, in order to get taken a bit more seriously?
    SachaJ,

Static IP addresses and faster upload speeds are entirely valid requests. I didn't suggest otherwise.

We've launched a 2MB/ 128K dynamic IP address product. Will we launch other products? Of course we will. Do I have a timeline for these products? Not yet.

If we launched an 8MB/ 512K static IP address product for €XX a month, there would still be people that had legitimate requests for other 'flavoured' products.

The upload speed and static IP addresses are legitimate requests that are being reviewed internally.

Garfield.

Lawdie wrote:
    Garfield, this has been asked in a number of posts and not yet answered in the required detail. If your the programme manager you know what exchanges are done and whats next (with an estimated date).
    So, can you post the list in any fashion (i.e. excel, word) for the rest of the members, and before you state that the list is subject to change and based on interest (logged local inquiries) I already understand that, but you still have a role out exchange plan that we would like to see.
    The earlier mail around phase 1,2,3...etc is too high level.
    Cheers
    Detailed list will be on this board by close of business day.

Garfield.

• Advertisement

Detailed list will be on this board by close of business day.

Garfield.

Garfield.

Soem other outstanding questions for ya too.

1. Reach Extended packages , yes or no.
    2. Bonded pair packages , yes or no
    3. What level of Line Rental will apply post first 100,000

either

a) Full ULMP+ Vat = €17.73

or

b) The Full Eircom Rate = €24.20

Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

Hi Garfield,

Haven't seen an answer to it, probably missed it somewhere.

I have an Eircom line coming into the house, not in use, don't have an Eircom account. Can i get you to activate it, or do i have to get an Eircom account first? (this is what i was told when i rang last week).

Thanks

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Garfield.

Soem other outstanding questions for ya too.

1. Reach Extended packages , yes or no.
    2. Bonded pair packages , yes or no
    3. What level of Line Rental will apply post first 100,000
    either
    a) Full ULMP+ Vat = €17.73
    or
    b) The Full Eircom Rate = €24.20
    Ta

1. Yes, probably.
    2. No, probably.
    3. Full eircom retail, probably.

These are all qualified answers. Lots of good questions. Don't have the answer to everything.

Garfield.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Splendid wrote:
    Hi Garfield,

I have an Eircom line coming into the house, not in use, don't have an Eircom account. Can i get you to activate it, or do i have to get an Eircom account first? (this is what i was told when i rang last week).

Thanks
    He did answer that Q but good luck trawling back through 15 pages looking for it ;) . They can get it activated for you, to use his words "You have to have an Eicom line for them to unbundle it" so either you can ring eircom and get it conected or they can get Eircom to do it on yor behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

Actually, That sounds familiar.
    Damn my hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Garfield..my brother is in Dundrum and was told (by Eircom) there are problems with his line and he may NEVER get broadband. However checking the number on your site, he gets

CONGRATULATIONS available in July/August.

Is this correct? Does the availability depend on certain lines being checked first? I know his local exchange in Dundrum is broadband enabled but doesn't seem to make a difference as his line cannot be enabled (according to Eircom)..don't know why. His phone line was installed in the seventies (i think).

Could you shed any light as to if this does mean he will be enabled??

Many Thanks

Thanks Garfield thats my lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splendid
    Hi Garfield,

Thanks
    Rew wrote:
    He did answer that Q but good luck trawling back through 15 pages looking for it ;) . They can get it activated for you, to use his words "You have to have an Eicom line for them to unbundle it" so either you can ring eircom and get it conected or they can get Eircom to do it on yor behalf.

Garfield did say that smart could do it on your behalf, but the smart telecom registration process requires a phone number. How can the service be ordered if there is no phone number to enter into the order form? Is it possible to use the eircom number which is no longer in use? and what happens if this eircom number is not known to the current residents? How can it be ordered then?

loup wrote:
    Garfield..my brother is in Dundrum and was told (by Eircom) there are problems with his line and he may NEVER get broadband. However checking the number on your site, he gets

CONGRATULATIONS available in July/August.

Is this correct? Does the availability depend on certain lines being checked first? I know his local exchange in Dundrum is broadband enabled but doesn't seem to make a difference as his line cannot be enabled (according to Eircom)..don't know why. His phone line was installed in the seventies (i think).

Could you shed any light as to if this does mean he will be enabled??

Many Thanks
    Loup,

The website simply checks that you are connected to an exchange on our rollout plan. You'll need a further engineering test to confirm the line.

There are lots of reasons why lines fail and it can be very frustrating as it seems like a black art at times. We're rolling out ADSL2+, which is greater capacity over greater distance. There is a better chance that ADSL2+ will work. But only a better chance.

Garfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Thanks Garfield..don't think the problem is distance as they are only about half a mile from the exchange. I know he is really frustrated becuase as a musician, he has to try and send songs (5-10mb in size) over a dialup line to the UK and it frustrates the hell out of him!!
    What else could the prob be? Could the line need updating and Eircom don't want to do it?? Thanks in advance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Ruhan

Garfield, my experience with Smart Telecom so far:

I registered my interest on the smart telecoms website, even though I don't have a phoneline yet. I requested someone call me back which they did. I think his name was Kevin (probably in the sales area). Anyway, I told him my story, how I'm waiting for eircom to hook up my line, and then when I can I'll get it signed over to smart telecoms. His basic speal was 'call this number (1850 945 000) and register for the first 100000 people' thingo. I said that I don't have a phone line yet, or an eircom account. He said that that was no worry, it is the person who needs to be registered, not the number. He also mentioned that all of the 01 area code will be hooked up for your service by March/April this year.
    I thought great, fantastic! So I rang the number and tried to register myself as part of the 100k club, but was told, no, it is infact a phone number (account?) which needs to be registered, not the person. And also, that even though I'll be on the 01 area code (in Ratoath, Co. Meath), I won't be hooked up until August/September.

My concern is that one department in Smart Telecom isn't talking with the other (left hand not knowing what the right is doing). Could you please clarify this for me:
    1. Will all of the 01 area code be enabled by March/April or not.
    2. Can I register myself for the 100k club if I don't have a phone line yet?

Cheers,

R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Clanc

Hi Garfield, could you please let me know if / when Navan is on your list to get connected?

loup wrote:
    Thanks Garfield..don't think the problem is distance as they are only about half a mile from the exchange. I know he is really frustrated becuase as a musician, he has to try and send songs (5-10mb in size) over a dialup line to the UK and it frustrates the hell out of him!!
    What else could the prob be? Could the line need updating and Eircom don't want to do it?? Thanks in advance..
    Don't know. Sorry I can't be more help.

Garfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

just got a phone from smart and she offered me the broadband package. she said it will be enabled in july yet the online checker says it isnt yet! looks like one hand doesnt know what the other is doing.
    you guys should concentrate on the exchanges that have been enabled.
    ps im on the newlands x exchange.

A few Q's on the POTS Telephony Product you intend to offer over the unbundled lines .

1. Call waiting, Will it be an option
    2. Call Forwarding
    3. Call Answering (Voicemail)
    4. Conferencing .
    5. SMS over POTS (what protocol ? , will it be a txt to speech integrated with VM)
    6. ETSI Caller ID support?
    7. Full Unlisted Number support and per call CLIR with 142 if requested .

8 . Which of 1 - 7 will be offered as standard and which will be chargeable and at what rate .

Thanks.

dahamsta wrote:
    Welcome to Boards Garfield, great to see an "operator" - it's like a dirty word these days, I feel the need to do air quotes whenever I say it - taking the time, and having the guts, to come here and take the bad with the good. I hope you'll stay for the duration and not wuss out like some of your predecessors! I also hope my comments and questions below are taken constructively; some of them may seem a little aggressive, but I'm just looking for answers, not a fight. :)

I'm hanging on the coattails of others in this thread, so I'll use quotes from posts where possible. However at the most basic level, I'm having difficulty understanding the economics of this. Obviously you can't go into detail on the financials, but hopefully you'll be able to give us some idea of how you expect to turn a profit on this. You certainly won't turn a profit with me when you merge in the line rental and try to offset it with my calls, since I barely use the phone.

So I'm a loss leader, how do you compensate for me? Consumer bulk perhaps, but if UTV can only pull in 20,000 customers, is that really viable for Smart? I hate to reopen an old wound here, but this smacks of Genesis Europe to me -- people with the best of intentions, but serious implementation difficulties that led to shuttering. (Careful in your response, I drink regularly with ex-GE guys. :))

Easy one to get started: Last I heard, Esat were only unbundling the data portion of the line, if you wanted voice off them on that line it was an Eircom resell. Are Smart going with full unbundling?

I'm surprised at your suggestion that 16:1 is the standard; in fact I'd be surprised if even 8:1 was the norm (which would be 256 upstream on your 2MB product). Most of the products I've seen have been 4:1, which I've been given to understand are that way to be inline with usage (in that people tend to upload about a quarter of what they download). On a pure usability front, personally I'd find 128 to be extremely frustrating to work with, and although I'm admittedly a SOHO user, I would be part of the one-size-fits-all setup you're suggesting. I'm afraid your one-size wouldn't fit this fella.

"If ComReg say so" is probably not a good choice of answer around here. ComReg say a lot of things "in general", but if their Quarterly Reports are anything to go by, most of those things are complete bullsh*t. Unencumbering of prospective lines is an important issue that affects yourselves as much as it does us, can you find out the /official/ answer please, one that we can hold both yourselves and ComReg to?

Moriarty calls this a rant and he has a point, but so does wideband. "No limits" is another phrase that is /seriously/ not welcome around here -- if it wasn't for Esat's explicit use of the phrase, IrelandOffline probably wouldn't exist and it's quite possible this forum wouldn't either. "No limits" on hosting and broadband products is snakeoil, you know it and we know it. So please, define "excessive". We're not looking for caps or explicit limits, but I certainly feel that a reasonable estimate of where Smart is going to draw the line is not too much to ask.

This is a tricky one. One would assume that Smart is requiring the DD as a form of contract to tie you down to, but it seems like a pretty cheap and nasty way of handling it -- a contract's a contract, if Smart designed their own and got people to sign it, you'd think it would have the same force in law. However it should be added (for Thaed's benefit) that if they did start charging you for a service they didn't supply, well, that would be fraud and you'd have a slam-dunk case against them. I still think requiring a DD is a very odd idea though, I'd be interested in a proper explanation.

This is a very important issue that has affected me personally and many other people here. With the bitstream product, because of the way Eircom charge for it, subscribers are effectively faced with having to buy out the remaining time on their contract if they have to move part way through. Some providers will work with you on it, but it's still a worry for people because there's no defined policy. So first of all, are the circumstances facing Smart the same as they are for bitstream providers? And if that's the case, how will Smart deal with the issue?

Dynamic DNS adds an extra two points of failure to the process - the dynamic dns service itself and the daemon on the user's computer - and as such injects a risk that will be unpalatable to many. I certainly wouldn't be willing to take that risk, as being able to access my machine remotely in emergencies isn't just desirable, it's mandatory. There's absolutely no reason you can't supply static IP addresses as an optional extra, so please do so. Just don't go wild on charges or we'll be having words in RIPE's ear. :)

One more thing, a personal request if you will: Please don't use the "it's €35 but it's really €11 cos of the line rental" thing in the mainstream. It's true to a degree and your marketers will cream themselves at the very idea, but to clued-in first-movers it's a marketing hack, and it's clued-in first-movers that a very large number (imho) of norms will go to for advice on technical products like this. They can be your best friends or your worst enemies. Make them your friends, eh? :)

Thanks,
    adam

i believe data rates in the usa onto the internet are 5cent per gig up or down. with the 'average user' using 6 or 7 gig max up and down, this leads us to the consclusion that data transfer is very very cheap. the cost is in the infrastructure to get the consumer hooked into the pipeline.

Ruhan wrote:

My concern is that one department in Smart Telecom isn't talking with the other (left hand not knowing what the right is doing). Could you please clarify this for me:
    1. Will all of the 01 area code be enabled by March/April or not.
    2. Can I register myself for the 100k club if I don't have a phone line yet?

Cheers,

R.
    Ruhan,

Sorry for the mix up.
    1. The entire 01 area will NOT be enabled by March/ April. Do do this we would have to colocated equipment in every eircom exchange in Dublin (and beyond). We'd also have to link all these exchanges onto our fibre network.

That's simple not going to happen. Certainly not by March/ April. And in some cases we won't be able to reach the exchange at all. I've committed to providing a list of exchanges to this board today.
    2. Register for the 100K without a phone number?
    No. At present, no. I appreciate that there are people out there that don't have phone lines, but would get one if they could get the service from ourselves. Our reticence is that we would have contracts with people even if their local exchange wasn't on our build programme.

Garfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Garfield

There is no doubting that what Smart is attempting to do here is a massive step forward for Ireland.. However, I really hope that Smart listen to some of suggestions made in this thread and learn from the mistakes made by their competitors over the past 2 years..

Broadband is as much about what you receive as it is about what you send.. VoIP, Video conferencing (chatting over a webcam or whatever) and online gaming are all heavily dependent on access to low latency upload bandwidth. These applications are all seen as extremely important drivers for broadband take up yet every service launched in this country seem to severely limit upload rates and offer few commitments regarding latency..

128kbps is half what is offered as standard for a 512kbps service in most EU countries, never mind a 2048kbps service.. I know you have said that this will not be the only product you launch but this is a major falling point for me and many others..

As fair as I am aware, no residential services offers commitments regarding latency.. This is not particularly important to the average Joe but this thread was not created for the average Joe. Do Smart have any upper limits that they consider to be unacceptably high for their service? I wouldn't expect such a commitment from the likes of IOL, Netsource or UTV as they are only resellers of Eircom's product and do not have complete access and control over all of the network elements involved in their service offering.. Unlike Smart...

If Smart have any intentions of introducing a Cap in the future, you should make that intention known now.. Netsource are the perfect example of how it should not be handled.

Having worked in the mobile industry for over 4 years now, the fixed line telecoms companies in this country could learn alot from them on how to communicate with their customers. In my experience, I tend to come away alot happier from Meteor, O2 and Vodafone's customer care departments than I do from Eircom, Netsource or EsatBT.. Mind you, the time you are taking here is a major coup for Smart. A pro-active approach is far more effective....

If some of the suggestions were addressed or commitments made, I would have no problem recommending your service to everyone I know..

Hi,

I've listed below the exchanges on the build programme as promised.

The further out the dates, the less sure they are. That's not a fudge, that's just project management.

Phase 1

Beggars Bush March / April
    Belcamp March / April
    Clondalkin March / April
    Coolock March / April
    Crown Alley March / April*
    Crumlin March / April
    Custom House Dock March / April*
    Dolphins Barn March / April
    North Main March / April
    Phibsboro March / April
    Santry March / April
    Ship Street March / April
    Summerhill March / April
    Tallaght March / April
    Walkinstown March / April
    Whitehall March / April

*Civils issues still be resolved.

Phase 2

Castletroy May / June
    Churchfield May / June
    Clontarf May / June
    Cork Central May / June
    Dennehy's Cross May / June
    Dooradoyle May / June
    Dundalk May / June
    Galway HPO May / June
    Letterkenny May / June
    Mervue May / June
    Quaker Road May / June
    Rathedmund (Sligo) May / June
    Roches Street May / June
    Shantalla Galway May / June
    Tyrrelstown May / June
    Waterford May / June
    Waterford Tycor May / June
    Wellington Road May / June

Phase 3

Rathmines July / August
    Lucan Ballydowd July / August
    Wexford - Anne Street July / August
    Tullamore July / August
    Tralee July / August
    Thurles July / August
    Shannon Airport July / August
    Shannon Town July / August
    Athlone - Roslevin July / August
    Portlaoise July / August
    Naas July / August
    Mullingar July / August
    Mallow (SHB) July / August
    Kilkenny July / August
    Ennis July / August
    Dundrum July / August
    Carrick-on-Shannon July / August
    Carlow July / August
    Ballincollig July / August
    Ballina July / August
    Arklow July / August
    Dun Laoghaire July / August
    Oranmore July / August

Phase 4.

To be confirmed.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I've listed below the exchanges on the build programme as promised.

The further out the dates, the less sure they are. That's not a fudge, that's just project management.

Phase 1

Beggars Bush March / April
    Belcamp March / April
    Clondalkin March / April
    Coolock March / April
    Crown Alley March / April*
    Crumlin March / April
    Custom House Dock March / April*
    Dolphins Barn March / April
    North Main March / April
    Phibsboro March / April
    Santry March / April
    Ship Street March / April
    Summerhill March / April
    Tallaght March / April
    Walkinstown March / April
    Whitehall March / April

*Civils issues still be resolved.

Phase 2

Castletroy May / June
    Churchfield May / June
    Clontarf May / June
    Cork Central May / June
    Dennehy's Cross May / June
    Dooradoyle May / June
    Dundalk May / June
    Galway HPO May / June
    Letterkenny May / June
    Mervue May / June
    Quaker Road May / June
    Rathedmund (Sligo) May / June
    Roches Street May / June
    Shantalla Galway May / June
    Tyrrelstown May / June
    Waterford May / June
    Waterford Tycor May / June
    Wellington Road May / June

Phase 3

Rathmines July / August
    Lucan Ballydowd July / August
    Wexford - Anne Street July / August
    Tullamore July / August
    Tralee July / August
    Thurles July / August
    Shannon Airport July / August
    Shannon Town July / August
    Athlone - Roslevin July / August
    Portlaoise July / August
    Naas July / August
    Mullingar July / August
    Mallow (SHB) July / August
    Kilkenny July / August
    Ennis July / August
    Dundrum July / August
    Carrick-on-Shannon July / August
    Carlow July / August
    Ballincollig July / August
    Ballina July / August
    Arklow July / August
    Dun Laoghaire July / August
    Oranmore July / August

Phase 4.

To be confirmed.

where does the newlands cross exchange fit into the scheme of things? its newlands cross in clondalkin but i think there is another exchange in clondalkin- the clondalkin exchange that u are referring to above?
    and if the clondalkin/newlands x exchange is being enabled in phase 1 why is my line failing ur online check?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement