Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortstacks Pokerstars Online Tournies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Congrats to vamos, winner tonight. Table updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I think a points average would be good. Like if you've played 5 games, and have 25 points, you have a points average of 5. Think over the long run that would be a good way to judge who is regularly doing the business. Like after 20 tournies, someone may have 20 points, having played every tournie. Someone else may only have been able to play 4, and have 20 points also. Perhaps it's just me, I think it's a good one tho!

You could use pokerstars own points system which you can find at www.twodimes.net.

I just disovered this forum. I've play on pokerstars quite a lot. Looking forward to playing with you all.

What's the password for the private games or have I not looked hard enough yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Password = shortstack (as spelt - lower case)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

What were the results for Sunday. My miserable 1st out left me on a nice tilt for a while, so went down $40 on cash games till i got sense and watched TV instead. still like to know who came where tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

1 impr0v
    2 Briano
    3 padraigf
    4 KeepThePiece
    5 BigSynergy
    6 paler
    7 eyesonly003
    8 kencleary
    9 Culchie
    10 dropsicus
    11 Lirril
    12 vamos
    13 crazygrace
    14 Y2JP
    15 Jimmy Cake
    16 RustySpoon

all the results are here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Cheers Improv. At least someone pays attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

musician wrote:
    Cheers Improv. At least someone pays attention.

Oi, just needed a reminder of the link. Have it bookmarked home and work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

sorry lads, gone online today. signed up with pokerstars. bubble in my first sng :( I could not see anything about this tournie tomorrow night. is there a link available to register for it. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

ok, i found it. is it 7 pm start. this bloody et time is a joke :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

musician,
    Did you sort out the player of the month award yet...?

• Advertisement

Have you looked or do you prefer to wait for my answer? There is now a monthly selection optiono which will show you the best player of the month surprisingly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

no tourney last night? is it just sundays now or wa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

karlhoff wrote:

I played in it (for a very short time).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

We also had 2 imposter's (not me, 'real' ones). Should we change the password?
    Is the 20$ game on this Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

karlhoff wrote:
    I think there were around 14 ? players. May have even been less.
    Not sure who won.

Oki won, biteme was second and one of the imposter's was third. Brianon was 4th and I was 5th. After that it's not important :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Imposter wrote:
    Oki won, biteme was second and one of the imposter's was third. Brianon was 4th and I was 5th. After that it's not important :)

I blame my bubble finish on the wife ! who came home from work to a dinner yet to be started by me ! The guilt overcame me and forced me into some rash decisions :o

brianon wrote:
    I blame my bubble finish on the wife ! who came home from work to a dinner yet to be started by me ! The guilt overcame me and forced me into some rash decisions :o
    You must be the anti-dapper then! Whenever he's multitasking between preparing dinner and playing poker he wins, but when he has time to think about his poker he comes last usually!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

7 is abit early for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Imposter wrote:
    You must be the anti-dapper then! Whenever he's multitasking between preparing dinner and playing poker he wins, but when he has time to think about his poker he comes last usually!
    I'm a cooking ninja alright. I can chop vegetables and push all in at the same time! Rock and roll.

Brianon feel free to come to me if you need any tips or anything.

I dunno what the fúcking story with me and this tournament is I'm usually fairly steady as you go with STTs or two table tournaments. A last is an extreme rarity which isn't to say that firsts are too common. I can go out early in MTTs alright but that's usually stack building madness MTTs.

Last finish No.1: Can't remember. I think it was poor play by me.
    Last finish No.2: A severe case of disbelief facing an allin while holding JJ on a QQ6Q board knowing my opponent couldn't have AA or KK given the preflop action. He had a Queen. :(
    Last finish No.3: Got reraised all in while holding an open ended straight draw and four to a flush. Missed. :(

I think I went out 2nd last once as well, though I can't remember how. Next one I play I'm gonna rock up. Muso got to the final table once by being AFK for the whole tournament. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Referring back to Tuesday's game, a question for bitemeie on this hand.

PokerStars Game #1398144717: Tournament #6303163, Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2005/03/22 - 15:35:32 (ET)
    Table '6303163 1' Seat #6 is the button
    Seat 6: bitemeie (12940 in chips)
    Seat 7: okidoki987 (6560 in chips)
    bitemeie: posts small blind 100
    okidoki987: posts big blind 200
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to okidoki987 [3d 7c]
    bitemeie: raises 400 to 600
    okidoki987: calls 400 (you had been stealing blinds all night so decided to call as I put on nothing or you would have raised by more)
    *** FLOP *** [Kh 7s Tc]
    okidoki987: checks
    bitemeie: bets 600
    okidoki987: calls 600 (again put you on nothing as if you had a K, 7 or 10, you would have bet much more and if you had 2 high cards you would have bet more pre flop, I was guessing you didn't want to bet any more in case I actually had a hand to reraise with)

*** TURN *** [Kh 7s Tc] [Th]
    bitemeie: bets 1600
    okidoki987: calls 1600 (again if you had anything you would have gone all in)
    *** RIVER *** [Kh 7s Tc Th] [5d]
    bitemeie: bets 5600
    okidoki987: calls 3760 and is all-in (Guessed you trying to steal the pot as slow playing was not your game that night so with a pair of 7's I had to call)
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    bitemeie: shows [2s 4d] (a pair of Tens)
    okidoki987: shows [3d 7c] (two pair, Tens and Sevens)

Board [Kh 7s Tc Th 5d]
    Seat 6: bitemeie (button) (small blind) showed [2s 4d] and lost with a pair of Tens
    Seat 7: okidoki987 (big blind) showed [3d 7c] and won (13120) with two pair, Tens and Sevens

Missing a bit of the next chat which went something like
    biteme said That's a terrible call, why did you call?

continues into next hand
    okidoki987 said, "very easy"
    bitemeie said, "it's a terrible call"
    okidoki987 said, "if u have a K u would have gone more"
    bitemeie said, "ur nuts"

Just out of curiosity, why did you think "I was nuts to call?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

think im gonna download pokerstars and try to set uo netteller or sumthing so I can play in tonights game :)

edit: umm even with neteller i still need a credit card and a bank transfer would take too long :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

okidoki987 wrote:
    Referring back to Tuesday's game, a question for bitemeie on this hand.

PokerStars Game #1398144717: Tournament #6303163, Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2005/03/22 - 15:35:32 (ET)
    Table '6303163 1' Seat #6 is the button
    Seat 6: bitemeie (12940 in chips)
    Seat 7: okidoki987 (6560 in chips)
    bitemeie: posts small blind 100
    okidoki987: posts big blind 200
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to okidoki987 [3d 7c]
    bitemeie: raises 400 to 600
    okidoki987: calls 400 (you had been stealing blinds all night so decided to call as I put on nothing or you would have raised by more)
    *** FLOP *** [Kh 7s Tc]
    bitemeie: bets 600
    okidoki987: calls 600 (again put you on nothing as if you had a K, 7 or 10, you would have bet much more and if you had 2 high cards you would have bet more pre flop, I was guessing you didn't want to bet any more in case I actually had a hand to reraise with)

*** TURN *** [Kh 7s Tc] [Th]
    bitemeie: bets 1600
    okidoki987: calls 1600 (again if you had anything you would have gone all in)
    *** RIVER *** [Kh 7s Tc Th] [5d]
    bitemeie: bets 5600
    okidoki987: calls 3760 and is all-in (Guessed you trying to steal the pot as slow playing was not your game that night so with a pair of 7's I had to call)
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    bitemeie: shows [2s 4d] (a pair of Tens)
    okidoki987: shows [3d 7c] (two pair, Tens and Sevens)

Board [Kh 7s Tc Th 5d]
    Seat 6: bitemeie (button) (small blind) showed [2s 4d] and lost with a pair of Tens
    Seat 7: okidoki987 (big blind) showed [3d 7c] and won (13120) with two pair, Tens and Sevens

Missing a bit of the next chat which went something like
    biteme said That's a terrible call, why did you call?

continues into next hand
    okidoki987 said, "very easy"
    bitemeie said, "it's a terrible call"
    okidoki987 said, "if u have a K u would have gone more"
    bitemeie said, "ur nuts"

Just out of curiosity, why did you think "I was nuts to call?"

Good lord! I don't think I'd ever raise with 2-4o HU. unless I was able to bully the crap out of someone I'd alway just fold my blind.

The underbet on the flop smacked of weakness but if you thought you were ahead why didn't you raise to prevent him from hitting an overcard or a draw?

There's no tournament up yet for tonight!!
    Is it the end of month game that's supposed to be on as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I plan to play if it happens. Been on Pokerstars a lot this weekend, trying WSOP qualifiers. The $160 double shootout qualifiers are my best bet, I would think.

Is anyone else able to set up tournaments on PS?
    If so could they set up a 20$ Boards game for 20:00 tonight.

Is Mike giving it a miss perhaps with the Open on. It's probably too late to set one up now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Sorry guys I completely forgot ! Absolutely knackered after spending most of the weekend at the Citywest. Will we do the $20 next Sunday?
    I will set up Tuesday's shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

and I was so looking forward today to the first Sunday tournament I would have been available to play in :(.
    Normally only play SnG's at Pokerstars but was flicking through the games when I decided to play in the WSOP qualifers (5 USD+R).
    Managed to qualify for the next round after a deal was struck at our table.
    40 players left out of 320 (32 qualify) and 8 at our table when somebody suggested we all fold to the big blind (I was in 20th position).
    Everybody agreed and we all qualified for the 150+10 USD double shootout,
    81 players (9 tables x 9) and winner gets a seat at the WSOP and 1K USD.
    Had to postpone the next round as I hadn't a clue what was happening.
    Checked the website and discovered you have to go if you win the seat, you can't transfer/sell it.
    Couple of Q's
    (A) Is this normal where you can't sell the seat?
    Can you not nominate somebody else to go or sell it?
    (B) Does this type of deal normally happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

okidoki987 wrote:
    and I was so looking forward today to the first Sunday tournament I would have been available to play in :(.
    Normally only play SnG's at Pokerstars but was flicking through the games when I decided to play in the WSOP qualifers (5 USD+R).
    Managed to qualify for the next round after a deal was struck at our table.
    40 players left out of 320 (32 qualify) and 8 at our table when somebody suggested we all fold to the big blind (I was in 20th position).
    Everybody agreed and we all qualified for the 150+10 USD double shootout,
    81 players (9 tables x 9) and winner gets a seat at the WSOP and 1K USD.
    Had to postpone the next round as I hadn't a clue what was happening.
    Checked the website and discovered you have to go if you win the seat, you can't transfer/sell it.
    Couple of Q's
    (A) Is this normal where you can't sell the seat?
    Can you not nominate somebody else to go or sell it?
    (B) Does this type of deal normally happen?

A) This is the norm. You cannot sell the first seat you win. You get tournament dollars for subsequent wins and can use these to enter other tournaments or sell them.
    B) The player who suggested it is guilty of collusion and if reported would be in trouble.

Advertisement