Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom are Charging for going over cap!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

stalfos wrote:
    this bytes the big one, eircom already charge too much for very little and now this :mad: . 4GB is so hard to stay under.
    you can check your eircom limit here for anyone who doesnt no how?

http://159.134.118.172/index.html

IS THIS A PHISING SCAM !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

No, it's not. It's http://dslstats.eircom.net (without the hostname). Same server, run by eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

mmmmh ? how come it doesn't work then !!

I dunno, contact eircom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

i will get my scanner going and i will upload a picture of my bill

This I would like to see... nobody that I know has been charged yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

WillieDH wrote:
    IS THIS A PHISING SCAM !!!!!!!

C:\>ping dslstats.eircom.net

Pinging dslstats.eircom.net [159.134.118.172] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 159.134.118.172: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=55
    Reply from 159.134.118.172: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=55
    Reply from 159.134.118.172: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=55
    Reply from 159.134.118.172: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 159.134.118.172:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 33ms, Average = 31ms

no scam. just the IP address of the server. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Eircom offer cyber fishing now?

....Sorry am i missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

well i just check my dsl stats for the first time in about 6 months and i got a bit of a suprise, for the last 6 months I've been averaging 12-13gb downloads a month. I'm on the 8gb cap and havent been charged (thank god), if they backbill me i'm looking at a bill of about 700 :eek: I even managed to go 1.5 gb over my limit while I was on holiday for 2 weeks in Janaury :P
    So from my experiece they havent charge me (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

tell me as im no genius with the internet does downloads only come from things like music and files or can you get it from going onto sites etc? thanks

• Advertisement

Browsing web pages (this page, for example), getting your email, playing games, updating windows, downloading music, it all counts towards the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

but browsing web pages would be very small yes?

Yup, you'd want to basically be browsing the net for 10-12 hours a day every day before youd have to worry about hitting the cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I was 300 megs over the cap, the bill came today, no charge.

penexpers wrote:
    I was 300 megs over the cap, the bill came today, no charge.
    Wait for the next one ;-)

Ahhh see this is why i love having NTL Cable... yes there is a 'cap'... but it's never enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Achilles wrote:
    Wait for the next one ;-)

Ahhh see this is why i love having NTL Cable... yes there is a 'cap'... but it's never enforced.

Ahhh. Thank god for NTL. No real cap, no charges, nothing. Anyone with their package can just sit back and not give a crap. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Got my bi-monthly Bill yesterday. Went WAY over the cap in January didnt get charged anything

WellyJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Cavman

can they charge you for going over the cap on the trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Well if you ring their tech support they tell you they will charge you if you go over your cap during the trial but that's nonsense.

1. It says on the t&c's for the trial that a contract with eircom starts after the trial ends, so you have no contract during the trial.

2. The t&c's attached to the trial mention NOTHING about caps and being charged for going over it.

3. You will get your first bill before the trial ends charging you for rental in advance. They assume you will stay with them after the trial and you have to cancel the free trial before the termination date and get the money back in credit on your next bill. If they charged you for going over your cap during the trial on the first bill, you simply just don't sign up for the year, and claim you had a free trial and knew nothing about caps, so you wont be continuiing the service.

4. They send out a letter before your free trial ends advising you of the termination date. Check this date on the letter is correct. They tried to end my free trial 2 weeks early !!!

5. They CANNOT backdate your bill as some people have pointed out here. They can charge you for going over your cap after your trial ends only for the month gone by and are entitled to do so. But retrospectively billing say for 6 months would be difficult at best. It says nothing in your contract about this nor is it implied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Nice to have that cleared up. Good Job

WellyJ

• Advertisement

Infini wrote:
    Ahhh. Thank god for NTL. No real cap, no charges, nothing. Anyone with their package can just sit back and not give a crap. :D:D
    Or give a cap ;-)

Ok sorry sorry bad joke...

Advertisement