Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incidents in cinemas

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Spacedog wrote:
    I understand your point that all facts can be percieved as opinion by some malcontent, e.g. there are some people who choose to believe that the world is indeed flat.

I never said all facts can be percieved as opinion. You did. That gem of logical nonsense has nothing to do with me.
    However these opinions can be proven to be wrong through scientific evedence e.g. a photo of earth from space. unfortunatly there is no scientifically sound way to measure the crapness of Ben Affleck.

Brillant, glad you've taken a crash course in criticism, opinion, forming, and the lil fact that there isn't an acting crap o meter

However there are skills and attributes that good actors are known to have, and as such standards of good or bad acting can be established and actors rated. it is my point that by any approved standard of measuring the ****ness of the acting profession would reveal our Ben to be crap, in an objective mannor.

No, now I'm all curious, what are the skills and attributes of good actors? On the spacedog scale of acting, is an Affleck worth half a Kinsey? Or 12 O'Tooles?

So now we have you admiting that you can't prove affleck is crap, and it's merely your opinion, and therefore, some people might feel differently. Which means your original point that seeing it's a fact that affleck is crap, you were right to ruin the movie for others, is now moot.

Lets recap;
    just accept that people have diverse opinions and get over it.

and
    o I'm not imposing my opinion on anyone

So you've changed your tune

Was you hurling abuse at the cinema during the sum of all fears, a

A Good thing?

or

A Bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

This thread is pure class. Spacedog - you're a genius.

Is it true that Westlife have more number 1's than The Beatles? What about Elvis? If this is true, I have officially lost all faith in the human race. It was always wavering, but now it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

mycroft wrote:
    I never said all facts can be percieved as opinion. You did. That gem of logical nonsense has nothing to do with me.

Yes you did, right after I said I was imposing my opinion of people, which I didn't, Unless you were in the cinema at the time and saw otherwise, how else would you form this conclusion?

mycroft wrote:
    Brillant, glad you've taken a crash course in criticism, opinion, forming, and the lil fact that there isn't an acting crap o meter

just a different perspective,

a low score on a standard acting abilities =
    a high score on the tried and trusted crap-o-meter

mycroft wrote:
    No, now I'm all curious, what are the skills and attributes of good actors? On the spacedog scale of acting, is an Affleck worth half a Kinsey? Or 12 O'Tooles?

There is no spacedog scale, by any accurate measurement of acting ability, Ben Afflecks rank would varey, but always would be low.
    mycroft wrote:
    So now we have you admiting that you can't prove affleck is crap, and it's merely your opinion, and therefore, some people might feel differently. Which means your original point that seeing it's a fact that affleck is crap, you were right to ruin the movie for others, is now moot.

I never said I can proove Affleck is crap, no more than I can prove that the earth is round by popping up to space in my own rocket and taking a picture, I do not have the funding, resources or inclination to prove something that I know already to be true. Evolution for example is condidered to be opinion by the closed minded, where an incomplete evedence set (missing geraffe fossel with a medium lenght neck) is taken to be proof that evolution is jibberish and that God but dinosour fossels there as a prank to test out faith (Bill Hicks rocks!)
    mycroft wrote:
    Lets recap;

'just accept that people have diverse opinions and get over it.'

and

'o I'm not imposing my opinion on anyone'

So you've changed your tune

no, I'm not those statements were in diffrent contexts
    mycroft wrote:
    Was you hurling abuse at the cinema during the sum of all fears, a

A Good thing?

or

A Bad thing

A Good Thing.

Spacedog wrote:
    Yes you did, right after I said I was imposing my opinion of people, which I didn't, Unless you were in the cinema at the time and saw otherwise, how else would you form this conclusion?

Just to recap
    spacedog wrote:
    Went to see 'The Sum Of All Fears' a couple of years ago, I was dragged there by a friend who's into war movies. Of course me, not wanting to be there stated that I would leave on the third full screen shot of an american flag... which took longer than expected, so in the interviening time, I spent shouting all over the cimema about how tom clancy stories are for thich headded retards and that anyone here to see this film are latent homosexuals, repressing there gay desires, through september 11th revenge fantacies, whice subconciously seeking an excuse to leer over ben affleck. All the people were pissed off at me big style but did nothing about it, ahhhhahahahahaha, it was fun, saved me watching that 'tarded film too, so it's not all bad!!!!
    spacedog wrote:
    just accept that people have diverse opinions and get over it

How's that not inflicting your opinion of the film on others?
    a low score on a standard acting abilities =
    a high score on the tried and trusted crap-o-meter

And the measurements on this scale? The defining characteristics?

There is no spacedog scale, by any accurate measurement of acting ability, Ben Afflecks rank would varey, but always would be low.

And again how do you define ability? How do you quantify? Measure it?
    I never said I can proove Affleck is crap, no more than I can prove that the earth is round by popping up to space in my own rocket and taking a picture, I do not have the funding, resources or inclination to prove something that I know already to be true.

Gallieo proved the earth was round he didn't need a space ship. He used a telescope. Thats specious reasoning.

You've already stated that you don't know how to quantify it, so essentially all you have is your gut. Which is a feeling. Doesn't mean it's true, it's something you base on instinct, which is feeling or opinion or fact.

You're actually applying the exact kind of reasoning that creationist campaigners use.
    Evolution for example is condidered to be opinion by the closed minded, where an incomplete evedence set (missing geraffe fossel with a medium lenght neck) is taken to be proof that evolution is jibberish and that God but dinosour fossels there as a prank to test out faith (Bill Hicks rocks!)

Evolution is a theory backed up with facts, scientific reasoning, logical development of facts.

To compare your "I think Affleck is **** theory therefore it is", to the theory of evolution, is giving you I'd like to say, more credit that you deserve, but frankly you're in debt to the logic bank, so you don't get credit.

Honestly I really am beginning to emphasis with the obelix at the start of 2001 a space odyssey.
    no, I'm not those statements were in diffrent contexts

Okay we've got you to admit that you can't prove affleck is crap. So Affleck being crap is.......your....starts with a "o" has a "pin" in the middle.

You can do it spacedog, get those neural path ways going.....

And if you work on from this. Your statement
    just accept that people have diverse opinions and get over it.

means this was
    Went to see 'The Sum Of All Fears' a couple of years ago, I was dragged there by a friend who's into war movies. Of course me, not wanting to be there stated that I would leave on the third full screen shot of an american flag... which took longer than expected, so in the interviening time, I spent shouting all over the cimema about how tom clancy stories are for thich headded retards and that anyone here to see this film are latent homosexuals, repressing there gay desires, through september 11th revenge fantacies, whice subconciously seeking an excuse to leer over ben affleck. All the people were pissed off at me big style but did nothing about it, ahhhhahahahahaha, it was fun, saved me watching that 'tarded film too, so it's not all bad!!!

say it with me.....

Dr Loon wrote:
    Is it true that Westlife have more number 1's than The Beatles? What about Elvis? If this is true, I have officially lost all faith in the human race. It was always wavering, but now it's gone.

Yup. In the UK. Weep child

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Doctor Benway

Guys, spacedog is clearly a troll. And not even a very imaginative one.

However, it is funny seeing someone who can't spell criticise the intelligence of people who go to see a particular film.

• Advertisement

mycroft wrote:
    How's that not inflicting your opinion of the film on others?

quotes are out of context, go back and check.
    mycroft wrote:
    And the measurements on this scale? The defining characteristics?

Any standardised measurement of acting ability will do me.

mycroft wrote:
    And again how do you define ability? How do you quantify? Measure it?

That's the same question rephrased.
    mycroft wrote:
    Gallieo proved the earth was round he didn't need a space ship. He used a telescope. Thats specious reasoning.

I don't own a telescope, If you'd wish to donate one, I'd appreciate it though
    mycroft wrote:
    You've already stated that you don't know how to quantify it, so essentially all you have is your gut. Which is a feeling. Doesn't mean it's true, it's something you base on instinct, which is feeling or opinion or fact.

I never stated that I don't know how to quantify anything. In this case it is not my responsability to do so. If it was however, I would have a vested intrested in the outcome and therefore any outcome would be seen to be tainted by personal intrest. I would submit to the quantification of acting standards to be measured by an independent body which is qualified in the arts of thespianism.
    mycroft wrote:
    You're actually applying the exact kind of reasoning that creationist campaigners use.

No, You are, you are taking something that is commonly known to be true (evolution/Afflecks crapness), and calling it a matter of opinion in order to progress your own agenda. can't face the truth methinks.

mycroft wrote:
    Evolution is a theory backed up with facts, scientific reasoning, logical development of facts.

But according to the likes of you, it is still a matter of opinion? If something is true, then it was true at the time before it was discovered scientificaly. Ben Affleck being carp is a a meaningless fact that doesn't warrent research, but it is a fact. if it upsets you that much I suggest you dedicate your own time and resources to solving this 'timeless riddle'. as before, I have not the time, means or inclination to so so.
    mycroft wrote:
    To compare your "I think Affleck is **** theory therefore it is", to the theory of evolution, is giving you I'd like to say, more credit that you deserve, but frankly you're in debt to the logic bank, so you don't get credit.

I, at no time said "I think Affleck is **** theory therefore it is", before your quotes were mearly out of context, misquoting is a last struggle of desparation, anyway, I'm not familar with this logic bank you speak of, sounds like an intresting/entertaining resource, care to share?
    mycroft wrote:
    Honestly I really am beginning to emphasis with the obelix at the start of 2001 a space odyssey.

Good Film.
    mycroft wrote:
    Okay we've got you to admit that you can't prove affleck is crap. So Affleck being crap is.......your....starts with a "o" has a "pin" in the middle.

You can do it spacedog, get those neural path ways going.....

I can prove affleck is crap, but I have not the time, means or inclination to do so.
    mycroft wrote:
    And if you work on from this. Your statement...

Same as above, quotes are out of context. sorry this responce is so repetitive I've not much to work with here.

Any more questions?

Guys, spacedog is clearly a troll. And not even a very imaginative one.

However, it is funny seeing someone who can't spell criticise the intelligence of people who go to see a particular film.

sorry about that, I have an (unspecified learning difficulty), but don't confuse a learning difficulty with lack of intellegence. I'm not trolling, I think if you go back you'll find that I offered an alternative perspective of trouble making in cinemas (per topic). Since then people are trying to make me out to be a bad person. I am by no means an angel, but I feel it my right to defend myself accordingly.

Spacedog wrote:
    quotes are out of context, go back and check.

No I proved context. I gave the full quotes.

You've yet to proof how your opinion isn't fact.

And again care to cite any source for a standardised measurement? Are they measured in Barrymores? Oscars?

Once again you've stated opinion as fact.

That's the same question rephrased.

And again want to point me in the direction of such measurement. Because I can assure you it does not exist. One's opinion of talent is subjective, much in the way elvis first music teacher told him to be a truck driver. It's a matter of opinion not a quantifible fact, will you agree on that now? Or provide me with a system of standardised measurement that does not exist, to my mind
    I don't own a telescope, If you'd wish to donate one, I'd appreciate it though

See that was an analogy, again I speaking above you. You don't need a rocket ship to prove the world isn't round. You can draw conclusions from other facts. However measurement of talent is impossible because it is subjective. I'm sorry the telescope thing alluded you, analogys also seem to escape you.
    I never stated that I don't know how to quantify anything. In this case it is not my responsability to do so.

You've made a statement. "Affleck is crap actor, fact" it's up to you to quanitfy this statement because it supports your subposition that you are not imposing your opinion on the audience of the film, you are stating a fact. You are using this fact, to justify your obnoxious borish behaviour, therefore it is your responsibilty to justify this statement that is not opinion, but in fact, fact.
    If it was however, I would have a vested intrested in the outcome and therefore any outcome would be seen to be tainted by personal intrest. I would submit to the quantification of acting standards to be measured by an independent body which is qualified in the arts of thespianism.

Ah but you've already said
    It's not my opinion, it's scientific fact, Ben Afleck is a bad actor, The sum of all fears is a bad film. everyone agrees on this, so I'm not imposing my opinion on anyone.

So you seem to have some evidence. On what bias are you accusing affleck of being ****e.
    No, You are, you are taking something that is commonly known to be true (evolution/Afflecks crapness), and calling it a matter of opinion in order to progress your own agenda. can't face the truth methinks.

Commonly know to be true?

I agree, in my opinion Affleck is a ****e actor, I don't think its a fact it's my opinion.

There are plently of fan sites and $20m dollar pay checks he's picked up to disagree.

But according to the likes of you, it is still a matter of opinion? If something is true, then it was true at the time before it was discovered scientificaly. Ben Affleck being carp is a a meaningless fact that doesn't warrent research, but it is a fact. if it upsets you that much I suggest you dedicate your own time and resources to solving this 'timeless riddle'. as before, I have not the time, means or inclination to so so.

And again you're using the same creationist logic to justify your opinion.

For starts Ben Affleck is not a fish, he's not carp.

But you're saying it's true, you lack any evidence you just know it to be true. Thats the same argument people who say the world was created in seven days use.

And saying something was true before it was proved makes a mockery of all scientific thinking. It's true because I think it is, makes a mockery of the concept of a scientific proof. A statement is not scientific fact until it is backed with the weight of evidence. Until you invent the spacedog acting crap o meter your "fact" about Affleck's crapness is just opinion.

Did you do any junior cert science? :confused:
    I, at no time said "I think Affleck is **** theory therefore it is", before your quotes were mearly out of context, misquoting is a last struggle of desparation, anyway, I'm not familar with this logic bank you speak of, sounds like an intresting/entertaining resource, care to share?

Um and again
    Spacedog wrote:
    It's not my opinion, it's scientific fact, Ben Afleck is a bad actor, e.

You've yet to prove and have announced you can't prove Affleck is crap, I think the above quote by you, is pretty clear that you think affleck is crap, but can't prove it. You've misquoted me several times btw.
    Good Film.

Would that be your opinion, or just a fact?
    I can prove affleck is crap, but I have not the time, means or inclination to do so.

So basically "I'm a moronic assh*le, who ruins the cinema experience for a bunch of people, I boast about it get called on it, and say "the film was crap, and I can prove it", when called on this you say "I could prove it, I just can't be assed"

The phrase "weak ass pathetic bulls*it sh*te'

Y'know hicks was heckled in his last gigs. People in the audience disagreed with his point of view and he argued with them, and wasted valuable energy in his last days arguing with people who didn't like what he said

If You were in that audience, and you saw the hecklers what would you have done?

Their opinion was valid. But they should not have heckled.

You don't like something, bitch about it in the bar, write a report on here, rant to your mates, smear excrement on the film poster.

But by hurling abuse at the screen and ruining the film for others you're an ignorant, rude loudmouth censor.

And if you do it at a film I'm at boy, (whether I like the film or not) you, and I are going to have words.

sorry about that, I have an (unspecified learning difficulty

is being a twat a learning difficulty?

mycroft wrote:
    No I proved context. I gave the full quotes.

the two statements were irrelivant to one another, go back and read the posts preceeding the statements in question
    mycroft wrote:
    You've yet to proof how your opinion isn't fact.

You have yet to prove isn't fact
    mycroft wrote:
    And again care to cite any source for a standardised measurement? Are they measured in Barrymores? Oscars?

Once again you've stated opinion as fact.

I did cite a means to an independent standardised source, what opinion/fact?
    mycroft wrote:
    And again want to point me in the direction of such measurement. Because I can assure you it does not exist. One's opinion of talent is subjective, much in the way elvis first music teacher told him to be a truck driver. It's a matter of opinion not a quantifible fact, will you agree on that now? Or provide me with a system of standardised measurement that does not exist, to my mind

Talent is subjective. In science, subjective variables can be measured through controlled observation and analysis of the results, such tecniques require time money and dedication. I (*sigh*) have not the time resources or inclination to conduct this research.
    mycroft wrote:
    See that was an analogy, again I speaking above you. You don't need a rocket ship to prove the world isn't round. You can draw conclusions from other facts. However measurement of talent is impossible because it is subjective. I'm sorry the telescope thing alluded you, analogys also seem to escape you.

I understand your analogy, and responded in kind, obviously you do not understand your own logic. Speaking above yourself so to speak. :) In science, subjective variables can be measured through controlled observation and analysis of the results, such tecniques require time money and dedication. I have not the time resources or inclination to conduct this research.
    mycroft wrote:
    You've made a statement. "Affleck is crap actor, fact" it's up to you to quanitfy this statement because it supports your subposition that you are not imposing your opinion on the audience of the film, you are stating a fact. You are using this fact, to justify your obnoxious borish behaviour, therefore it is your responsibilty to justify this statement that is not opinion, but in fact, fact.

I'm right and have nothing to prove. Only if Ben Affleck is proven to be an adquate actor or more AND if 'The Sum of Fears' is proven be be an average or more film are my actions called into question. These conditions are unforfilled, therefore if is your responsability to appoint the independent scientific research team to study these topics along with all expenses and effort that it requires. Who are you to judge my behaviour, I am innocent until proven guilty. get crackin'
    mycroft wrote:
    So you seem to have some evidence. On what bias are you accusing affleck of being ****e.

his acting ability
    mycroft wrote:
    Commonly know to be true?

I agree, in my opinion Affleck is a ****e actor, I don't think its a fact it's my opinion.

There are plently of fan sites and $20m dollar pay checks he's picked up to disagree.

You don't know weither's it's a fact or not? come back when you develop an understanding and realise the reality that he is the crappyest crap that ever crapped. Come now, is there even a shadow of doubt in your mind? You know I'm right on this one, just admit it. admit it man, come on.

mycroft wrote:
    And again you're using the same creationist logic to justify your opinion.

I don't have to justify anything, you are using creationist logic by saying that a commonly known fact (Afflecks crapness/evolution) is a matter of opinion, your whole argument depends on it. you know you are applying a double standard here, admit it man.

mycroft wrote:
    For starts Ben Affleck is not a fish, he's not carp.

typo, rearrange the letters and see if you can figure out what I was saying. Although a carp would have more acting ability than your beloved Ben Affleck, Why don't you just marry him? 'Taco flavoured kisses for my Ben'.
    mycroft wrote:
    But you're saying it's true, you lack any evidence you just know it to be true. Thats the same argument people who say the world was created in seven days use.

Ben afflecks acting itself is all the evedence I need, it can be seen and regcognised as crap, as can evolution be seen in fossel series...

Evolution = True
    Ben Affleck being crap = True

I'm not using creationism at all, Just because don't believe in evolution and that Ben Affleck is crap, don't go about imposing your beliefs on other people unless your sure of the facts like I am.
    mycroft wrote:
    Did you do any junior cert science? :confused:

No, But I am well versed in the way of science, thanks for asking.
    mycroft wrote:
    You've misquoted me several times btw.

reference please?
    mycroft wrote:
    So basically "I'm a moronic assh*le, who ruins the cinema experience for a bunch of people, I boast about it get called on it, and say "the film was crap, and I can prove it", when called on this you say "I could prove it, I just can't be assed"

While I await your reference I'll point out this ^^^^ misquote. I don't reacll calling my self a moronic asshole on this thread (I probably am though ;)) I didn't say I wasn't arsed, I said I didn't have the time resources or inclination to do so, and openly question your motivation to avoiding your responsability to prove your accusations.
    mycroft wrote:
    The phrase "weak ass pathetic bulls*it sh*te'

Calm down, it's ok, I understand your frustration, it's difficult to accept the truth without resorting to childish namecalling (just ast the patrons of UGC cinema during the screening of the sum of all fears), it's ok though, were still friends *hug*
    mycroft wrote:
    Y'know hicks was heckled in his last gigs. People in the audience disagreed with his point of view and he argued with them, and wasted valuable energy in his last days arguing with people who didn't like what he said

Hicks was right, everything he said was true, he formed opinions through logic and reason, He was right to shout down people heckling him because they were unwilling to listen to reason or prove otherwise, like you.

Fighting idiots till the end was the Bill Hicks way.

mycroft wrote:
    If You were in that audience, and you saw the hecklers what would you have done?

I'd have waited till they went to the Sum of all Fears (which they would have done) and insulted them from the back of the cinema, Bill would have wanted it that way. "Don't think about it, It's a peice of $hit!"- Bill Hicks (about basic instinct)
    mycroft wrote:
    Their opinion was valid. But they should not have heckled.

Their opinion was valid????!!!! I don't get you man, first you have a go at me, then go all creationist on me, now your manipulating a dead mans memory to further your point? You sicken me.
    mycroft wrote:
    You don't like something, bitch about it in the bar, write a report on here, rant to your mates, smear excrement on the film poster.

Smearing excrement on privately owned property is a criminal activity, I would not advocate commiting such crimes. Why not suggest selling drugs to kids or murdering pensioners in protest? Have you no deciency?
    mycroft wrote:
    But by hurling abuse at the screen and ruining the film for others you're an ignorant, rude loudmouth censor.

No law against that.
    mycroft wrote:
    And if you do it at a film I'm at boy, (whether I like the film or not) you, and I are going to have words.

Good, I enjoy an open dialouge, perhaps in person you'd have the courage to admit Ben Affleck is indeed crap, come on man, come on, admit it.
    mycroft wrote:
    is being a twat a learning difficulty?
    yeah, why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

OH DEAR GOD! WILL YOU BOTH SHUT UP!?
    I'd like this thread to get on with telling us all about incidents in cinemas. While I know your arguement stems from such a thing it's gone on too long.

mycroft: I don't believe in letting annoyers (for lack of a better word) get away with such stuff but the cause is lost. You're not going to convince him of your arguement so leave it. Take it to PMs if you must.

Spacedog: The cause is lost. You're not going to convince him of your arguement so leave it. Take it to PMs if you must.

(I'm too lazy to write 2 pieces of text to the same effect for 2 people so I didn't.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

My sig's now changed after reading your latest post spacedog - hope you don't mind my coping yours mycroft...

Struggling to return this thread to topic rather than cause me to slam my head against the wall in anger... Anyone found the best times to avoid loudmouth opionated morons (who could I possibly mean here?) and mobile-phone answerers? I generally find the weekend afternoon showings of the less-mainstream movies to be fairly good at those times, least in the UGC.

Spacedog wrote:
    the two statements were irrelivant to one another, go back and read the posts preceeding the statements in question

No you state it's an "opinion, people have diverse opinions get over", and then you stated opinion as fact;
    You have yet to prove isn't fact

I don't have to, you said it was fact you have to support the fact. It's like you saying "ducks can speak five languages" me; "no they can't' You; "yeah well you prove they can't" You made the orginal point up to you proof it's true, and not otherwise.
    I did cite a means to an independent standardised source, what opinion/fact?

You made a claim, I asked you to support it, you wave in the general direction of the the acting community, "meh, they'll prove it"
    Talent is subjective. In science, subjective variables can be measured through controlled observation and analysis of the results, such tecniques require time money and dedication. I (*sigh*) have not the time resources or inclination to conduct this research.

Thats like saying, "Men with beards wear blue shirts. That man has a blue shirt, therefore he has a beard. I just can't be bothered to look up to see if he has a beard".

Subjective scientific variables are things like, light and heat. Not "good" and "bad". You're asking scientists to find the shape of blue, or what sound orange makes.
    I understand your analogy, and responded in kind, obviously you do not understand your own logic. Speaking above yourself so to speak. :) In science, subjective variables can be measured through controlled observation and analysis of the results, such tecniques require time money and dedication. I have not the time resources or inclination to conduct this research.

So basically you can't prove it is a fact? So, it's say it with me....
    I'm right and have nothing to prove. Only if Ben Affleck is proven to be an adquate actor or more AND if 'The Sum of Fears' is proven be be an average or more film are my actions called into question.

You do, you cite Ben Affleck being crap, as a fact. You've yet to prove it, you're just waiting for the acting community to invent the crap-o-meter, which will vindicate your point of view. Until then it's an opinion.
    his acting ability

Which is measured and quanitified how?
    You don't know weither's it's a fact or not? come back when you develop an understanding and realise the reality that he is the crappyest crap that ever crapped. Come now, is there even a shadow of doubt in your mind? You know I'm right on this one, just admit it. admit it man, come on.

I have already said he's a crap actor, in my opinion. So just haven't been able to prove it.

I don't have to justify anything, you are using creationist logic by saying that a commonly known fact (Afflecks crapness/evolution) is a matter of opinion, your whole argument depends on it. you know you are applying a double standard here, admit it man.

No, you said Affleck is crap, fact. When asked to prove it, you said you just know, and will be vindicated in the end.

Creationsits, say the world was created in 7 days, fact. When asked to prove it they say they just know, and will be vindicated in the end.

See the parallel?
    Ben afflecks acting itself is all the evedence I need, it can be seen and regcognised as crap, as can evolution be seen in fossel series...

And creationists can provide all sorts of interesting flaws in the fossil series. Doen't make them more right.
    Yet you've falid to ennuinicate it further than 'bad" and "crap"
    Evolution = True
    Ben Affleck being crap = True

Evolution is still just a theory. Which is why it's still just a theory, like the theory of realitivity. They're both theories I subscribe to.
    I'm not using creationism at all, Just because don't believe in evolution and that Ben Affleck is crap, don't go about imposing your beliefs on other people unless your sure of the facts like I am.

Ah look forward to you screaming in church during an passage in gensis then.
    And don't misquote me, where do i say I don't believe in evolution. I was saying that your argument displays the logic of creationism.
    No, But I am well versed in the way of science, thanks for asking.

Failing to grasp basic concepts of proves, development of logical arguments, scientific reasoning, and statements like "this is a fact, I can't proof it I just know it" Would tend to poke holes in that statement. Big holes.
    reference please?

I never said I liked Affleck for one example. I never said I didn't believe in evolution either.

Calm down, it's ok, I understand your frustration, it's difficult to accept the truth without resorting to childish namecalling (just ast the patrons of UGC cinema during the screening of the sum of all fears), it's ok though, were still friends *hug*

No. we're not.
    Hicks was right, everything he said was true, he formed opinions through logic and reason, He was right to shout down people heckling him because they were unwilling to listen to reason or prove otherwise, like you.
    fighting idiots till the end was the Bill Hicks way.

He would have died with his hands around your neck. Hicks opinions and ideas were his own. Would your mum, or gran, approved of Hicks or how he said it? Would they have been right to heckle? Does there disapproval make them wrong? Or their preference for Val Douligan?
    I'd have waited till they went to the Sum of all Fears (which they would have done) and insulted them from the back of the cinema, Bill would have wanted it that way. "Don't think about it, It's a peice of $hit!"- Bill Hicks (about basic instinct)

Actually he was making that reference about standing in the Q. to people afterwards, not in the cinema. He hated stupid things, he'd have thought you a dick for flinging homeophobic type insults into the audience.
    Their opinion was valid????!!!! I don't get you man, first you have a go at me, then go all creationist on me, now your manipulating a dead mans memory to further your point? You sicken me.

I'll live with the bile. I'm not mocking his memory. I'm asking you, you're at a hicks gig, some creationist who has your kind of "facts" to support him, starts flinging insults. Would you appreciate it? And say its not a gig, it's a documentary, so he can't answer back, but you're in the audience and some guy has all the 'facts" like you do, and starts flinging insults at the screen and audience?
    Smearing excrement on privately owned property is a criminal activity, I would not advocate commiting such crimes.

And it was one that was used effectively by h bloc prisoners. The other two suggests have no basis in the logic of my original point. If you feel so strongly about the film why stop at ruining one performance. Lobby outside with a bill board.
    No law against that.

There should be, and the puinishment should include electrodes and your gentials.
    Good, I enjoy an open dialouge, perhaps in person you'd have the courage to admit Ben Affleck is indeed crap, come on man, come on, admit it.

I've original said I think he's ****, in my opinion.

Look Spacedog, I'm going to listen ioxy here, and I'm even going to let you have the last word.

This has really been getting dull. It's like lemmings sig says

"never argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you to death with their greater experience'

You know in your heart that you were inflicting your views on others. That it was an opinion that the film was sh*te. You've said people have diverse opinions, and I should get over, and you've yet to prove Affleck is crap is a fact. Theres a next logical step there and I'll fill it in for you;

Your opinion vis a vie afflecks crapness is just that an opinion, and if you agree with your own previous statement "people have diverse opinions get over it" then you were wrong to inflict your opinion on the patrons in the cinema.

Unless you're lying, or want to retract that bit.

In your own words you shot yourself in the foot, and have spent the last two pages trying to use the most spurious reasoning since the salem witch trials, to prove Afflecks is crap. Which you've failed to do.

And even if it is so what? Taste is subjective, and I'm pretty much sure you're not in the ideal demographic of a ben affleck fan (13-25yo girls) so I'm sure the marketing bods aren't too worried about your lack of patronage.

It's the arrogance that gets to me, that you feel you have the right to ruin the evenings entertainment for a group of people because you think it's crap. If you don't like it leave. What if someone behaved like you at a restored cut of 2001, you were at?

Show some basic human respect for the taste and opinion of others, I dont like the tastes of the majority of people on the planet, but theres not much I can do about. Show some decency. Tell people in the Q as you leave or enter not to go see it. Force your friend to show some more taste and disgression.

And when the lights go down on the film of your choice.

SHUT THE GOD DAMN HELL UP

here endith the lesson.

ixoy wrote:
    My sig's now changed after reading your latest post spacedog - hope you don't mind my coping yours mycroft...

Struggling to return this thread to topic rather than cause me to slam my head against the wall in anger... Anyone found the best times to avoid loudmouth opionated morons (who could I possibly mean here?) and mobile-phone answerers? I generally find the weekend afternoon showings of the less-mainstream movies to be fairly good at those times, least in the UGC.

Actually some knob, decided to answer his phone, and engage in a convesation about where he was and what he was watching. During the final bit of city of god........

Mid afternoon showing of city of god.

Some people get a lil too comfortable if theres only two or three people in the cineman with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

omg does spacedog think we're impressed?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Words cannot do justice to the level of hatred I feel towards spacedog and people like him. I am a magnet for these kind of people - every movie I go to I end up beside the loudest, most annoying people ever to appear in your local theatre. I am beginning to come to terms with this unending run of bad luck, in fact i almost treat it like a disability.

Some day though, some day, I will crack up, and it probably wont be the worst instance, but on that day I hope beyond all hope that it is you, Spacedog, who is the unlucky patron seated next to me shouting his mouth off.

From prison I will receive the other posters' admiration and thanks, for if I ever do time, its highly likely it will be for GBH within a movie theatre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Spacedog, you're going to give me an embollism.
    Add Spacedog to your ignore list, that's what it's there for. Problem solved.

thread_direction.gif

Anyway, to try and go back to the original topic, I was in the Cinema in Blanchardstown a few years back. Can't remember the name of the film, but it's the one with Mena Suvari and that guy from American Pie in it, the movie features in Whetus' Teenage Dirtbag video too. Absolute shyte film but anyway, there were these guys in the cinema who were drinking cans and talking throughout. Some people shouted at them to shut up but they just ignored them. In the end we kind of decided that the drunkards were actually more entertaining than the film, but it's still crap to have your day out ruined by someone else's incessant babbling.

As for mobiles ringing during the film, did anyone ever see the ad for Ericsson in cinemas a few years ago. They had it at the end of the normal ads, the screen goes black and you think the film's about to start. Then you hear a phone ringing a couple of times and there's some mumblings in the audience. But then on the screen in white writing comes the word 'Plonker!' and then

Ericsson, make yourself heard
    (Just not for the next two hours)

Thought it was class. They should show that more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Congratulations Spacedog, you're a dickhead of the highest order. Cocks like you ruin a night out for everyone else. Boo-fúcking-hoo, you don't like the film. THEN DON'T FÚCKING GO TO IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Spacedog wrote:
    Man, if Ben Affleck being crap is not a fact then I don't know what to believe anymore. the crapness of Affleck trancends space and time as a natural law of the universe. I understand your point that all facts can be percieved as opinion by some malcontent, e.g. there are some people who choose to believe that the world is indeed flat. However these opinions can be proven to be wrong through scientific evedence e.g. a photo of earth from space. unfortunatly there is no scientifically sound way to measure the crapness of Ben Affleck. However there are skills and attributes that good actors are known to have, and as such standards of good or bad acting can be established and actors rated. it is my point that by any approved standard of measuring the ****ness of the acting profession would reveal our Ben to be crap, in an objective mannor.

Are you Ben Affleck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

bimmu wrote:
    I went to see a movie a few years ago with a buddy. This group of three guys sat behind us and were making a racket, talking loud and all that ****. Anyways, after awhile, I turned around and POLITELY said "Could you guys keep it down, I can hear you talking over the movie", there reply was to kick my seat and chuck popcorn at me. I kinda sat there and fumed, and at the end of the movie, I got up and said "You three guys and me, outside the parking lot" and they were scared ****less...those were the days when I had my head shaved, so maybe they thought I was a thug...actually, I guess I am a fairly big dude...but it would have been 3 on 2, anyways, we waited outside right by the glass doors, and they waited inside and I was just staring them down the whole time, they actually wouldn't come out of the theatre. Eventually, me and my buddy just said "Ah, **** it" and left.

Ofcourse, those were during my younger angry days, when just about anything would set me off. In my 18-21 days, I would actually lie awake until 4 in the morning too angry and violent to sleep...the funny thing was, I didn't even know what I was angry about, all I knew was I was lying there angry. During those days, I would carry like retractable knightsticks and stuff with me where ever I went. Now that I'm a little older and a little calmer, I don't think I would challenge those guys to fight...I'd probably just move seats or something.

psycho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

offtopic...

the reason why kevin smith casts ben affleck so much:
    "I'm a Moron, but you've got to have someone who knows less that you do, which is why Affleck has been in five of my movies"

• Advertisement

We have to stop all the Ben Affleck bashing. He's a decant actor who has made some bad films. Actors like to act. Affleck seems to enjoy acting which is why he's in so many films.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭StopWatch

I began by enjoying this thread, funny stories and all that, then i began to hate it because it was full of bull**** pettyness, so i had a conversation on my mobile, when that was finished i started talking about how crap i thought the thread was out really loudly, then i ate some boiled sweets, making sure to take the wrappers off really slowly, then i smoked a joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭StopWatch

.....ssshhhh you're ruining it for everyone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I love the sig, Darko. Sheperd Book has the best lines!

Anyway, this isn't much of an incident, but I was once in IMC Dun Laoghaire, I think I was seeing 'The Core'. My friend bought the tickets before I got there, so I had to see it. :p
    Anyway, the place was pretty empty and there was a group of preteen girls sitting a few rows behind us and they kept chewing on gummybears and then spitting them out and throwing them at us! It was disgusting.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

horrible incident in my local cinema just now...

sat down to watch a mindless action flick. was abut 5 or so minutes early, so the music was playing and random adverts were appearing on the screen.

I had the same 6 adverts appearing over and over on the screen 3 of which were for ringtones...all while listening to...*shudder* crazy frog ringtone remix...THE PAIN!!!! it wouldnt stop....i had already gnawed my left arm off by the time the film had started...missed the end cause was rushed to ER.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Jesjes wrote:
    ....Like the one time two junkies starting having sex in the front row, while the Ring was on, I wasnt working in the cinema at the time. A manager just came the gaurds were rang, and they were asked to leave.....QUOTE]

So what was the manager doing that he 'just came' ?

Daelus wrote:
    I love the sig, Darko. Sheperd Book has the best lines!

Thanks. He does have some great lines.

I was the Amityville Horror last Friday and in the row across from us there were a bunch of teenagers who spent their time spitting at each other, They were just turning around and doing it over and over again. It was disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stiny!

Evilution wrote:
    The skanger girls began to cry and 2 or 3 or them left the theatre for a bit, went to the jacks or whatever. They came back after a bit, still a bit teary-eyed (who wasn't during that movie).

When I went to see the Passion of the Christ, half of the audience was crying. It was mostly quiet sobbing, so I didn't mind too much. But then a rather large woman in the back row screams out "OH GOD!!" during the torture scene and starts wailing. That was quite annoying :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

No matter what, you'll always have some knobend's phone going off in the middle of the film or a crowd of fcukers chatting through the movie, but the kicking of seats really pisses me off!!

Years ago [at least 15 years] I was in Letterkenny cinema at a Saturday morning matinea [sp?] with my Sister and cousins & there was about 15 screaming kids in the backseats throwing popcorn & skittles everywhere ... So my cousin & I went back & threatened to murder [my cousin went into great detail of what this murder would involve] the next kid that so much as opened their mouth & dump them in the nearest slurry pitt!! Talk about quiet as a morgue :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement