Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Message Monitor plugin for firefox!

Options

Comments

I had kind of a problem like that in that I always used the full mozilla not firefox and I got a script error when trying to install it.
    Discussed this with someone here(you know who you are)
    So off I went got firefox but then I had to associate the .xpi with firefox not mozilla before I could use it.

Standard stuff really... tho I did do something funny in my sleepy state last night whilst on irc trying to get it to work with another boardster supplying the instructions(you know who you are :D)

Anyhow
    It only checks the status every 5 minutes. I wanted to keep down the amount of traffic it would generate to boards. It was my only real concern with the plugin.
    Yeah I knew that,I thought it would clear its status in conjunction with for example browsing boards, but now I know it doesnt.
    Hardly needed anyway as the beauty of what you done is access to pm's when on another website other than boardsie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

seems ok!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

bleedin rappid

Translation : I'm using it

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Installed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

Thank you Hobbes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ya just got it good work

• Registered Users Posts: 65,064 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Me likes :)

Thanks Hobbes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

DeVore wrote:
    Perhaps we should have a board for Firefox extensions (coding and locating useful ones from the net)?

DeV.

Someone suggested a FireFox forum and I think it got shot down but the idea of an open-source forum was suggested. That'd be perfect for this kinda thing.

BTW Hobbes installed it and it works perfectly :) No icons but I'm just using the default skin. It even opens in a new tab :D

Keep up the good work buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Running Fine here.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Indeed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

installed it , posting in line with ur request at start of thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Works fine for me, thanks Hobbes, great job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Hobbes, just thought you'd like to know your software has a nice little side effect. It changes from Blue when regi has the site turned off, which has been handy over the last few days.

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Installed , works fine, great work.
    Some suggestions - to bring up the menu needs a left click not a right click. This doesnt seem to follow the convention of other extensions I have. Following from the gmail extension left click on the icon should open inbox in current tab and middle click in a new tab. Might have a poke around the source myself tomrrow (at work :))

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It works on left click for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hobbes, just thought you'd like to know your software has a nice little side effect. It changes from Blue when regi has the site turned off, which has been handy over the last few days.

Nice!

It should actually turn red if it cannot make a connection to the website, for example if you are banned. Never fully tested it as the site never went down when I was working on it. Good to hear though.
    to bring up the menu needs a left click not a right click.

It is to do with what I am using. I am basically using the menu command which is a drop downlist. Because of this it won't register middle/right clicks. I tried to set up a more mouse driven menu but I got bored trying to figure out why it wasn't working any reverted to that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stephenjudge

I've just installed it. Have yet to try it out.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

nyom!! Looks good so far Hobbes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Installed, good job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just to subscribe...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If you click on "thread tools" at the top of the thread you should get "subscribe to this thread" as a menu option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

ecksor wrote:
    If you click on "thread tools" at the top of the thread you should get "subscribe to this thread" as a menu option.
    hmm.. so I do... I should really get more used to vbulletin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Installed it ... seem's to be running well.

Any possibility at also having Subscribed Forums on it? Maybe even just a link or so. I would use the subscribed forums more then I would use the threads. Then again, there is probably always a new post on my subscrubed forums somewhere so ... meh.

Maybe I'll start getting some work done now without having to refresh boards all the time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

installed and impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Nice. An option for opening a new window or using the existing window by default might be nice, but nice nonetheless. Kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Nice. An option for opening a new window or using the existing window by default might be nice, but nice nonetheless. Kudos.

You can actually do this. It should be documented either in the thread or in the instructions.

I have a somewhat updated plugin made. It has Biki option and also preferences (wraps the config options into a preference box). Its not a major update so I've been holding off on releasing it. Here it is below.

This is not a gold release so any issues let me know. Should be fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I installed this, but forgot to reply here when I restarted Firefox. So here's my reply.

Seems to work well, but I've only got 1 pm since installing :( Mr Popular eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

installed it here... good job :D

installed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

It's working on firefox for me, nice one! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement