Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(whisper) drugs?

Options
  • 27-02-2001 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I posted a message in `After Hours` but it got snipped in about 2 minutes, so Im not gonna go write another big message just to get snipped.

Basically though I was talking about a drug experience and wondering how many people out there want to talk about it? In particuar, the one which makes people very happy and thinks everyone is there best mate....

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Sounds like beer to me wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

"the one which makes people very happy"
    - Would that be the same one that fùcks up your seritonin levels so badly, you'll need a prescription of prozac just to feel normal again? Don't do it, it's just not worth it.
    As for the whole "love" thing, it's just a lot of cràp... get a girlfriend ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

In particuar, the one which makes people very happy and thinks everyone is there best mate....[\quote]

Doesn't this worry you? Fact is they aren't your best mate. I had a girlfriend go well overboard with E, and it was just fkin pathetic - she lost all social ability and became painfully fkin boring. She even used quotes like you just have, which I find very sad in the extreme.

Personally I have no time for pills/powders of any sort. However, a couple of my friends on occasion will try some things. It's not often so I don't give a damn really. If any of them started using lines as above, most of us would round on them - this gives a fairly clear choice ... You can think everyone is your best mate[\i] or you could actually have some.

Alcohol and even dope to a lesser extent, are social and slower. I don't have a problem with them. May seem hypocritical, but I am only giving my personal view here.

I ruled out everything else and settle for those two based on what I perceive to be the risk/reward involved.

JAK.

ps- I disagree with the 'Peaceful drug' idea. No more than alcohol, there are violent people who take E and remain violent.

pps- Code not working frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 27-02-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Drugs only become dangerous after repeated use/ abuse. this is just as true for soft as hard drugs.

I know people who point blank refused to take anything "stronger" than alchohol or dope but ended up overusing one or the other to a dangerous personality changing extent.

While people who experiment with a few drugs (and have the good fortune/ right metabolism not to become addicted)end up doing alot less damage to themselves.

In the end of the day sensible people generaly get bored with artifical highs and settle down to a nice glass of warm milk by the fire and read a good book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

God im getting old.
    Take it from someone who knows, try not to get to involved in the whole sceane.it may be lots of fun.but i can guarantee you will regret at some time in the near future.
    apart from the fact that the music these days is ****£ and all the good clubs are gone. bring back the temple of sound ,the ufo,the funnel and the ormonde.ahhhhh the memories.
    wait, ive forgoten my point.
    If you are going to do it do it in moderation. dont let it meass up collage .AND DONT LISTEN TO HOUSE MUSIC.DONT LISTEN TO GARAGE. and itl be a lot more fun.
    bring back jungle ,break beat and drum and base.
    and dont start selling them to get freebies,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Everything in moderation, except heroin and incest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Smelly Socks

Yeah I agree with most of that, I was just trying to describe it in an obvious way without pressing the e key..

I just wanted to see how many other people out there knew stuff about it. I know that doing it alot means you are gonna get really depressed very ages..

I had a bad experience with it when i did hash aswell. It made me extremly paranoid, and I even started hallucinating a few hours later! It wasnt good at all really... and yeah Im sick of everyone thinking everyone is their best mate.. its very fake sometimes. It makes you make a face like this biggrin.gif and sometimes this mad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

In my opinion, caffeine and alcohol, both in moderation, are the only tolerable drugs. They are legal, to begin with, unlike all other drugs mentioned here. (Well, nicotene is also legal, but um, I have a problem with that too. Mainly because whether I like it or not, my lungs are damaged evey day by the addictions of other people.)

I will argue with anybody that attempts to tell me that hash is okay in moderation - it isn't, and if anybody is interested, I can tell them exactly what it does to their body.

I think it is irresponsible and sad if you feel the need to put illegal poisonous substances into your body that will induce abstract sensations on a Saturday night - I'm much more comfortable being myself.

I have seen first hand the effects of drug abuse on people's lives. It's devastating. It's not worth the risk, in my opinion.

People like Smelly Socks who promote drug use do it so that they may feel justified in their own illegal habits.

Hmph.

Give me back my towel. I'll sue.

"I will argue with anybody that attempts to tell me that hash is okay in moderation - it isn't, and if anybody is interested, I can tell them exactly what it does to their body."

Yes I want to know, tell me! I know it robs you of your ambition and makes you lazy..
    I dont like it anyway, makes me moody + paranoid + talk ****e

"I think it is irresponsible and sad if you feel the need to put illegal poisonous substances into your body that will induce abstract sensations on a Saturday night - I'm much more comfortable being myself."

Okay thats very responsible of you, but you are very ignorant if you think that you are yourself when you drink alcohol (this makes us do very stupid things that we dont normally want to do, in case you forgot).

"People like Smelly Socks who promote drug use do it so that they may feel justified in their own illegal habits."

Im not justifing drug use!!! I admit to doing some, and alot of people have, but I have also seen the devastation they can cause and am well aware. But a frighteningly large amount of people abuse drugs, be it getting ****ed out of their head more than once a week or taken other stuff.

"Hmph."

If you read what Im saying more closely, you'll see I was only re-laying an experience, which was in fact bad, and Im sure more people can add to the bad things about certain drugs, which is an important issue. But some people have never taken drugs, dont hang around with anyone who takes drugs, and dont get ****ed 8 times a week - and these people should feel lucky and not feel they are `uncool`.

Be careful !!

One more thing:

My mate (who doesnt do drugs) went out to club with me and a few friends, a few weeks ago. He drank a good few cans and we went to `the Red Box`. He was dancing about happily for a while, but then he disappeared and I couldnt find him anywhere. The next day it turned out he doesnt remember a thing about what happened, he figures he must have been thrown out, but
    a few hours later he regained conscience running through a field (!) somewhere 15 miles away from the club, in the opposite direction of his house. Then he got a taxi home. He broke his ankle somehow and he is still on crutches. No clue what happened, and never will.... thats alcohol

• Advertisement

"..caffeine and alcohol, both in moderation, are the only tolerable drugs. They are legal, to begin with, unlike all other drugs mentioned here"

WAKE UP FFS.

Alcohol is responsible for more pain, misery and death than all the other drugs mentioned put together. Because it is legal it's better than the others ? Tell that to all the vitims of abusive alcoholics, Im sure they'll be relieved.

If you are sincerely stating that alcohol is less harmful and addictive than cannabis then I'm afraid you have been seriously misled.

"I will argue with anybody that attempts to tell me that hash is okay in moderation - it isn't" - argue away. Oh and while you're there find me evidence of one fatality related to use/overuse/abuse of Cannabis, stunmbling in front of a bus whilst toasted does not count.

Your lack of understanding coupled with your rightous arrogance on a subject which you obviously know nothing about is genuinely disturbing.

good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

"I will argue with anybody that attempts to tell me that hash is okay in moderation - it isn't, and if anybody is interested, I can tell them exactly what it does to their body."

Oh please do. I haven't had this argument in ages, I thought even the anti-cannabis lobby had given up on it. G'wan, humour me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

"theres a time and place for everything. and that place is college."
    never have wiser words been spoken smile.gif

anyway...

more you tell people that something is bad for ya, more people are going go and experiment and thats where things go downhill due to a lack of intelligence.

i mean majority of pills (if from a reliable source) are grand, same with acid (although pretty rare thse days), but like playing with your head anymore than twice a month will seriously f.ck your head and your personality up. this will happen. and you probably wont even notice it.
    responsible use is where some people fall down on. use your head and with a good bunch of friends your usually safe enough.

btw im not promoting anything but a bit of f.ckin cop-on here. btw www.urban75.com is pretty good.

and Frodo.. dunno bout the ormonde and the temple of sound *cough* unce unce but damn ufo and the funnel were good while they lasted, actually I reckon its time to start a decent night out thread in Music... smile.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I remember that about the cocaine or herion that a few collage students spreaded around and it killed 3 of them because someone spiked it with some type of poison that kills instantly frown.gif
    now thats abusing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

"bring back jungle ,break beat and drum and base"

it's already back. organisations such as bassbin, resolution, basscape... check out www.irishdrumnbass.com and youll see whats happening.

and just for you "happy" and normal happy ppl bryan g is playin in HQ this thursday. bring your moneys and adnans will sort you out *wink*wink* biggrin.gif

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I remember the days when I started drinking.
    Id get ****ed and laff my hole off at everything.
    Gosh I miss those days.
    Although, every now and then, somehow the alcahol mix gets juuuuust right..... smile.gif

As for drugs...
    cannabis, hash etc. do what ya want tbh.
    They are relatively harmless. Coffee (with as much sugar as I take) is probably worse for you.

Heroine...weh,- is a little too far imo. I dont like needles.

Im not encouraging drug use btw. Im just saying its not all black and white and the ez stuff doesnt bother me much. Although, right, and I rekon this is the way to go, is do ala this stuff when ure 60.
    I mean, ure best days are over, uve earned the money to afford it, and who gives a fu<k if some old coot is high as a kite?

So no I dont use, I'll let it go a few decades smile.gif

"heroin a little too far"

this years award for understatement in a post goes to...

my god like anyone who touchs that **** in my opinion deserves to end up in a hole.
    i know three or four people who've gone that way and basically now theyre just absolute scum imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

"Oh and while you're there find me evidence of one fatality related to use/overuse/abuse of Cannabis"

I think somebody was beaten to death with a nine bar once

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Pff, each to their own. Too much of anything is bad for you, might as well enjoy it while it kills you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

'I mean, ure best days are over, uve earned the money to afford it, and who gives a fu<k if some old coot is high as a kite?
    ' smile.gif good point, well put.

'I will argue with anybody that attempts to tell me that hash is okay in moderation - it isn't, and if anybody is interested, I can tell them exactly what it does to their body.
    '

Ok, let's hear it.

Oh and Cloud/Regi, if you read this, is there any chance of getting the old 'Reply & Quote' thingie back, I just wasted fifteen seconds of my life cut & pasting smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well I never...
    I can't believe anybody has the same opinion as me about the drugs issue, Paladin I'm looking in your direction. I also believe that you should wait until you are too old for anyone to care about your opinion, ie that you are retired or summat. Well that's just one aspect of it but I still can't believe anyone shares it with me. tehehe.

About the rest of the **** hmmmm... where to start. In neuros defence she did say "in moderation". IMO the simple fact of the matter is that all that **** is illegal, and whether you agree about it being illegal or not doesn't really matter it is. All these drugs were invented/discovered for medicinal purposes, and if you use them for any other reason then there is nothing else you can say except that you are abusing them, you are a substance abuser.

I'm confused about smelly socks too, is he a drug advocate, totally against drugs, or is he taking drugs but warning anyone who doesn't aleady to stay away from the scene (like them patronising smokers do, I know I'm better off not smoking you don't need to remind me.) Likewise people who don't take drugs know they are better off away from taking them you don't need to remind us.

Frodo, stay on topic man, stop telling people not to sell the music you hate, so they won't get freebies (oh you were talking about drugs)

"heroin a little too far"

Ok its more than a little too far. Basically that **** is downright dangerous, and Id never touch it.

Ahem, to the fool who said I know nothing about drugs - just because I have a differing opinion on the issue does not mean I know nothing.

I also am not disillusioned about alcohol. I said in *moderation* it is *tolerable*, and I stand by that. You don't work in a pub for two years and not meet alcoholics with no lives. However, me and my best friend drinking wine and eating pizza on saturday nights is not an issue for concern. Legal, too.

Long post about cannanis coming up now. Take a deep breath and read on if you give a crap.

People have a tendency to turn to cannabis generally because they realise that any low feelings that they are experiencing will drift away with a joint. This is because cannabis messes with the pleasure centre in the brain. This is the part of your brain that teaches you how to react to different experiences. Your pleasure centre reacts well to cannabis...it becomes relaxed and drowsy. This pleasure is a *fake* pleasure, unlike the normal pleasures experienced in life, and the brain cannot process this fully. The pleasure centre of the brain is what conditions you. Messing with it is risky. Cannabis does not leave the body. It has no exit. Over time, cannabis levels build up in the body. This means, that because the pleasure centre is activated by it, the body is unaware of damage being done.

Cannabis can lead, used over a long time, to depression, paranoia, and ultimately, irreversible mental illness. It meddles with the switchboard in the brain, so that incoming and outcoming messages get confused. This is where the paranoia springs from.

The cerebrum (part of brain responsible for judgement), the cerebellum (part of brain for organising muscle function), and medulla and midbrain (connects cerebrum to spinal chord) are all damaged and slowed by cannabis use.

It is a sedative, and lowers the activity of the central nervous system. That means, if the body is attacked with a virus or is injured, it will be dull to react. This can stay with you all your life, thus meaning that you are more likely to die if ever contracting a disease.

Despite research, the way cannabis acts on the chemical make-up of the body is unpredictable. That is why it has not been used in medicine since 1930. Scientists believe that cannabis competes with other natural chemicals in the brain, thus retarding hormone growth. This lowers sex drive, and in women, can retard a baby's growth.

The reason people who have taken cannabis over a long period of time seem slow, is because they are brain-damaged. I am not kidding. They have put their brain to sleep, and there is no way to wake it.

The force of action in cannabis a substance called THC, and is suurprisingly similar to LSD. These are both poisons. Not all hash is the same. Powder hash resin can be up to 16 times strogner than than ordinary marijuana. Depends where its grown, etc.

Temptation becomes tough to resist when cannabis is nearby because the smell activates the pleasure centre. Psychological dependance can occur very quickly. Physical dependance does *not* occur, though.

Effects on the body include bloodshot eyes, dizziness, headaches, backaches, dry nose, mouth and eyes, sick stomach, tendency to become accident prone, asthmatic attacks, sleeplessness, anxiety, depression and psychosomatic pain (ie - you imagine it).

Longterm, since the tars are much stronger and more numerous than those of tobacco, the risks of lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, painful mucus membrane problems (ie nasal tissues) and if you eat it, stomach cancer, are very high.

The story about nobody dying from hash and lots dying from cigarettes is an urban myth. People *do* die from hash poisoning, and from cancer related to their hash habits.

I know more stuff - but that is a summary. It is not good in any way. Do what you like - but don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. I have seen ruined lives because of drug use. I have done research and carried out surveys and won debates.

If anybody wants to know about other drugs, I have a smattering of knowledge about most things and I am always happy to spread the good word.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

to die from hash you would have to eat a 9 bar or something.

If the person was stupid enough to eat the 9 bar I wouldnt really think that many people would mind this person gone.

as far a drugs go , hash is probably the least worring drug out there.

you seem to be following whatever the papers and idiots say. There about a thousand other reasons why it isnt legalised , than it "killing people" .

pffft my **** .

oh sweet jesus IE killed my reply to this.

quick run through of my points i made..

1. There is no pleasure centre in the brain. Pleasure is caused by the release of seratonin. So cannabis messes with the release mechanism then? So does every single anti-depressant on the market.

2. your point that people use cannabis to escape from depression is a very general statement and is way off the mark. "oh my life is ****e. i think ill turn to drugs" that just doesnt happen in reality.

3. THC is a poison. it is in its ******. its approved by the US to be taken in capsule form for AIDS sufferers.

4. People dont die from hash poisoning. Cancers are caused by either a) inhalation of tinfoil (use your imaginations) or b) the cigarettes its used with.

my god this is all taken directly from scaremongering secondary school leaflets.

i so wish my original post had have gone up.

"Cannabis does not leave the body. It has no exit. Over time, cannabis levels build up in the body."

Dr. Lester Grinspoon:

"Cannabinoids are fat soluble, so they are eliminated from the body slowly. A single use of marijuana will leave traces in the urine for about 48 hours. If marijuana is used medicinally and thus repeatedly, traces of cannabinoid derivatives will remain in the urine for as long as five or six weeks after cessation of use. The more liquids a person drinks just before the time of observation, the lower the proportion of cannabinoid derivatives found in the urine."

"Longterm, since the tars are much stronger and more numerous than those of tobacco, the risks of lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, painful mucus membrane problems (ie nasal tissues) and if you eat it, stomach cancer, are very high"

Sorry what tars? Tar in marjuana? Ok kid, tar isnt grown. It comes from fossilised remains and is added to cigarettes to help them burn. U ever make a joint or watch someone making one? you arent actually doing anything different to a cigarette except using hash instead. Tar is basically the same.

"In a recent Rolling Stone interview, Clinton said he personally favored the legalization of use and sale of small amounts of marijuana."

Anecdotal evidence indicates cannabis may have the following medicinal values:

* Reduces nausea, * Stimulates appetite in wasting patients, * Reduces eye pressure in glaucoma patients, * Reduces pain, * Steadies spastic muscles, and * Helps prevent seizures.

However, there are dangers accompanying the smoking of the drug, according to 1997 and 1999 studies by the Institute of Medicine ( IOM ).

Perils include:

* Throat and lung cancer, * Disrupted short-term memory, and * Suppressed immune defenses, causing chronic bronchitis.

Sounds like smoking cept for short term memory disruption, which is duuuh due to u being high smile.gif

Long term there is no such proof, but by the time ure gonna suffer ull b old anyway smile.gif
    Besides, moderate use is the key, and moderate use aint gonna do fvck all to u.

How much damage to ure liver does moderate drinking do ffs. They still arent sure if a glass of red wine a day is good or bad for you. But it aint so bad as its gonna kill u. Same with hash.

Basically dont bother mouthing off how bad this, how bad that, like you know, when even the experts dont fking know. Its up to each individual to do what they want, but they are aware that its breaking the law to smoke hash in Ireland.

Anyway, im going packing for my trip to Amsterdam.....

"People have a tendency to turn to cannabis generally because they realise that any low feelings that they are experiencing will drift away with a joint."

No they don't. People do not generally smoke cannabis because they are depressed. The main reason is a simple feeling of wellbeing, the same as any stimulant. Don't generalise.

"Cannabis does not leave the body. It has no exit."

So thats why I'm gaining weight ! I've put on an ounce in the last month

"..Over time, cannabis levels build up in the body. This means, that because the pleasure centre is activated by it, the body is unaware of damage being done."

Thats muddled thinking and doen't really make sense. What REALLY happens is it DOES leave your body. The THC molecules attach to fatty tissue and both break down over time. Up to 6 weeks absteninence is required to completely purge the body having smoked heavily for a protracted period. Needless to say the psychoactive qualities wear off in a couple of hours frown.gif

"Cannabis can lead, used over a long time, to depression, paranoia, and ultimately, irreversible mental illness. "

Yes in extreme cases of overuse to the first two and perhaps the third. Eating kiwi makes my tongue and throat swell up to the point that I can't breathe. It's true.

"..It meddles with the switchboard in the brain, so that incoming and outcoming messages get confused. This is where the paranoia springs from."

Thats another of those weired "thank Jebus you don't teach biology" sentences that I just don't know what to make of.

"The cerebrum (part of brain responsible for judgement), the cerebellum (part of brain for organising muscle function), and medulla and midbrain (connects cerebrum to spinal chord) are all damaged and slowed by cannabis use."

Well thats what the site you cut and pasted from said, I however have read studies on the subject which would refute and/or contradict that theory. Who do we believe ?

"It is a sedative, and lowers the activity of the central nervous system. That means, if the body is attacked with a virus or is injured, it will be dull to react. This can stay with you all your life, thus meaning that you are more likely to die if ever contracting a disease."

Complete Bull****. You saying it does not make it true.

"Despite research, the way cannabis acts on the chemical make-up of the body is unpredictable. That is why it has not been used in medicine since 1930. Scientists believe that cannabis competes with other natural chemicals in the brain, thus retarding hormone growth. This lowers sex drive, and in women, can retard a baby's growth"

Only in women ? smile.gif Cannabis is a very stable alkaline. THC reacts with known receptors in the brain. There is no mystery about this. Thousands of years of "live tests" have proven the benign nature of Cannabis.
    The reason it has not been used in medicine since the 30s is due to a powerful lobby from the pharmacutical and textile industries. The former had patented man made concoctions which had no market with cannabis available as a better alternative and the latter same deal with man made fibres (DuPont family) Vs traditional hemp.

"The reason people who have taken cannabis over a long period of time seem slow, is because they are brain-damaged. I am not kidding. They have put their brain to sleep, and there is no way to wake it."

12 years later I can still walk and chew gum. Although I do admit my brain is a little slow to wake up some days smile.gif

"The force of action in cannabis a substance called THC, and is suurprisingly similar to LSD. These are both poisons. Not all hash is the same. Powder hash resin can be up to 16 times strogner than than ordinary marijuana. Depends where its grown, etc."

If you are going to bu11**** on a given topic try to at least learn the correct terms, if not the facts. This will make your point more convincing.

"Temptation becomes tough to resist when cannabis is nearby because the smell activates the pleasure centre. Psychological dependance can occur very quickly. Physical dependance does *not* occur, though."

Bu11****. Prove it.

Effects on the body include 1. bloodshot eyes, 2. dizziness, 3. headaches, 4. backaches, 5. dry nose, mouth and eyes, 6. sick stomach, 7. tendency to become accident prone, 8. asthmatic attacks, 9. sleeplessness, 10. anxiety, 11. depression and 12.psychosomatic pain (ie - you imagine it).

1. Yes. Whats the problem
    2. If it's any good
    3. No it doesn't. Unless you're generalising again.
    4. Backaches ??? Are you on drugs ???
    5. Possibly. To the detriment of ?
    6. Oh god. It is a irrefutable fact that it acts to suppress nausea. It was this quality (among others) that caused it to be legalised for medicinal use in california. Its hard to say no to someone whos dying of cancer/chemotherapy.
    7. Thats called being wasted.
    8. If your asthmatic.
    9. Quite the opposite.
    10.Dunno. Personally no.
    11.So it causes depression as well as being an escape from it (remember low feelings drifting away with a joint ?)
    12. No. It doesn't. And your saying it doesn't make it true.

"Longterm, since the tars are much stronger and more numerous than those of tobacco, the risks of lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, painful mucus membrane problems (ie nasal tissues) and if you eat it, stomach cancer, are very high."

It may well be carcinogenic but it is generally accepted that smoking anything isn't really good for your lungs. Paprika and burnt toast also cause cancer.

"The story about nobody dying from hash and lots dying from cigarettes is an urban myth. People *do* die from hash poisoning, and from cancer related to their hash habits."

Show me the gravestones because a lethal dose of THC is thought to be several acres of flowering tops ingested at the same time.
    People *DO NOT* die of hash poisoning. You can not find a single piece of evidence to back this up.

"I know more stuff - but that is a summary. It is not good in any way. Do what you like - but don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. "

You leave me no option. You haven't a clue. You do not know what you are talking about.

"I have seen ruined lives because of drug use"

A sad truth.

"I have done research (information is only as good as the filter you apply) and carried out surveys (with people who share your views ?) and won debates (Ph33r the college debating team).

My credentials ? None, other than habitual toker for many years who doesn't really toke much any more.

*Disclaimer* Drugs are bad, m'kay.

Bah, I knew I'd be beaten to it.

"my god this is all taken directly from scaremongering secondary school leaflets."

Spot on.

Lets go mug old people.

• Advertisement

Such arrogance.

You can't justify it. It is posion. I don't give a damn if you enjoy it and insist on praising its qualities. I don't care if Bill Clinton said he would like it legalised.

My information is compiled mostly from the research of MHCJ Scholtes, an expert in drug and alcohol education. He works with a British publishing company, Band of Hope Union, and with the Board of Social Witness. Not from secondary school leaflets, not from home-made websites. The condescension in this place is sickening.

Just because our resident twelve year user here has not experienced each symptom I described does not mean that they don't occur. Perhaps you did not experience the bloodshot eyes, dry nose and mouth etc., because they are the results of a *low* intake, ( wink.gif) along with rising heartrate and blood pressure. Its effect differs, you know that. It is unpredictable. Are you proud, by the way, of how you have regularly poisoned your body with an illegal substance? Would you like some merits for it?

My surveys were for debating purposes. I compiled a survey of six drug and alcohol view questions and interviewed 200 people between the ages of 15 and 20. 92% felt that hash is an acceptable drug. So no - I wasn't interviewing people with the same views as me. 4% recognised that health can be affected.

I did extensive library research on the subject of cannabis, especially the area of cannabis in medecine. It is wholeheartedly not reccommended, as it was found to induce depression in patients who used it for pain relief.

So whatever. Continue to belittle all of my arguments and continue to demand proof. Where is the proof of what *you* say? I really have no interest in what you do to damage yourself. I mean that.

I checked up on the cannabis not leaving the body thing. I was working from memory in my last post and it's true - I take that back - it does leave - but only if the user quits using it. Otherwise it builds up as it needs six weeks to get cleared from the system. I guess I was thinking in terms of how it builds up. So I retract, please all accept my humblest apologies for that error. Look, I learned something and admitted it.

Cannabis poisoning *has* occurred resulting in death. It's rare, but it has happened. Cancer due to cannabis smoking late in life is not uncommon.

I wrote earlier that people often smoke hash because they know that any low feelings they have will disappear. Somebody contradicted me and in the same breath told me that they do it not to kill depression (which i didn't mention - there is some difference in depression and feeling fed-up) but to gain "a simple feeling of wellbeing".

Hmmm. Sounds quite similar to what I said. You need drugs to get a "simple feeling of wellbeing"?! See a counsellor, man.

In case nobody noticed, this is not a competition to see who is the smartest. In the left hand corner we have me - talking about the importance of not poisoning the body, of not getting mixed up in the illegalities of drugs in this country, discussing how it's important to get through things without the aid of drugs.

In the right hand corner we have everybody else, condoning breaking the law, advertising the proagandistic benefits of cannabis, and proclaiming theri health afetr years of enjoying recreational drugs. You like to promote it even though it just sucks ass.

Well, I'll stay here on my own. I didn't come in to start a fight, I gave my opinions and some facts that i will stand by. I never claimed to be an expert - I said I have a smattering, and I do.

Bottom line: POISON IS BAD

This is a plea for one person to agree with me. On second thoughts, this is my last post in here. I'm not about to take a bashing for being concerned with health and morality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement