Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep seeing numbers 111

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I used to think number eight was a fat bastard, but I've grown to like him as I've aged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AgentAngeldust

I have a 9:11 complex, very similar to what all of you are saying. I've had it for about 2 years now; whenever a digital clock says 9:11 (a.m. or p.m.), my eyes shoot right to it. I have no idea why, as I'm not even thinking about what time it is when my eyes shoot over. This isn't an occasional thing, it happens every day, sometimes twice that day. This kind of thing has to go beyond obsessive-compulsive, as the little "rituals" that sufferers perform are triggered by things of which they are aware. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Yep, I used to just randomly look at the clock every single night at 11.11pm.

Then I got rid of the clock, had to. Was really getting worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I have a 9:11 complex, very similar to what all of you are saying. I've had it for about 2 years now; whenever a digital clock says 9:11 (a.m. or p.m.), my eyes shoot right to it. I have no idea why, as I'm not even thinking about what time it is when my eyes shoot over. This isn't an occasional thing, it happens every day, sometimes twice that day. This kind of thing has to go beyond obsessive-compulsive, as the little "rituals" that sufferers perform are triggered by things of which they are aware. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one.

A 9:11 complex ....... possible its to do with the Twin Towers, sure its soemthing that people associate all teh time now days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Before I type this, i just want to say im not trying to knock anyone's beliefs on the topic at all, but wud like to offer some explanation. Before i go on, im defo a believer in the paranormal and well read in the topic too. (I by no means claim to be an expert so dont worry im not on my high horse!)

i think someone touched on this already but i feel there may be a bit of expectation in the whole 11 thingie. Think about it, u one day reckon that 111 etc appears alot and you start to watch out for it sub consciously or even consciously. Everytime u see e.g 333, its not taken into consideration but as soon as you see the 1's, then its spooky.

Another way to put it into context is the filming of the Exorcist film. People died during the filming and the set burnt down etc. People automatically assume that the set is cursed. But what isnt mentioned is that the film took an extraordinarily length of time to film. And people of course, die. If a comedy was being made and took the same length of time etc etc you get my drift!

Although in saying all this, i did find the 1111 website quite intriguing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

weird,found this thread at 11.11pm!:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

weird,found this thread at 11.11pm!:eek:

Argh! Its the devil himself! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 steffyweffy777

yeah, weird, and happens to me all the time, even when i don't care to look, my friends notice it around me too !!!!
    crazy stuff !

what does it mean, I may have an answer !
    if interested ask me !

see you !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Whats the answer Steff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

www.angelscribe.com

Check this site out, expains a little about double digits ect,funny, this is the topic of a lot of groups at present.
    If it doesnt resonate then feel free to hit the delete button.

Karyn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

Apophenia.

Subconscious selection bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I find it hard to believe that happening to look at a clock at a certain time of the day is akin to some supernatural force trying to contact you, or anything of any significance really. It's more built on an expectation to see these things which makes you notice it all the more.

For those of you that watch the TV series Lost; there's a sequence of numbers that continually reappear - 4 8 15 16 23 42.

Now, in alot of scenes, these will pop up (ie. clock shows 16:23, flight number 815 etc.). However, it's gotten to the stage where if there are four people in a room together people think it's a sign. Or if someone says the number 5 (4 + 15 - 16!), people think it's a sign. Maybe it's just human nature to read into things that deep down we know are a little bit meaningless. To make things more interesting for ourselves?

There is an 11th minute for 60 seconds every hour, and an eleventh hour for 2 hours a day. You're bound to look at your watch at some stage. That's not intended to sound too harsh, I just want to suggest that it only seems to happen so much because you're aware of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

my friend had this for awhile with 333. it was funny because he kinda started freakin out about it for awhile. song lengths would be 3:33, vids on youtube 3:33, the time would be 3:33 when he looked at it etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 111madness

I used to think that seeing 111 or 1111 all the time wasn't anything unusual but it wasn't just the digit clock that had me look to at 111 without thinking. i played around with a calculator and the number came out 111. i went to supermarket cashier had me pay 111. I took taxis the meter show 111 when i look to check how much money i had to pay, far too many times to be ignored. I was telling about this to a friend at work and as i was telling we were watching TV and you know what we saw? 1111 and this time the number displayed in the most unusual way. How? The journalist was holding a microphone that had number logo number 11 on it and precisely beside that mic (still on tv) the Logo channel 11 was displaying = 11 11 exactly. And a lot lot more **** like this. All these has been happening to me about 6 years already and still going.

Onetime my partner bought a new telephone for our music studio. i was trying to use it and found out that the phone was locked for some reason and i tried enter many numbers like 1234 (anybody would guess that) to guess the code to unlock it just in case but none of them worked. And i was thinking please please don't let it be the 111 then i entered it first time Wham! That was the right number to unlock that new phone my partner had bought who had no knowledge about the phone being locked or anything about 111. (i never told her, she isn't that close-friend to me).

What weird about this 111 though, when you multiply itself this is only set of number that look like up-and-down-sequence or pattern. 1234321

try it for yourself:

111x111 = 1234321 or 11111x11111 = 123454321 see? up and down again weird?

if anybody solve this please let me know: audiovia@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

This has been happening to me for years, seeing 11.11 on clocks, cash registers, signs, everywhere really. Never realised it was a really popular phenomenon until a couple of years ago when I was researching something and stumbled across it on the net. The interesting thing is, that like the OP, sometimes it won't happen for weeks or months at a time, and then alll of a sudden I'll be driven crazy seeing it.

I remember getting worried after a few years of this and trying to tell people what was going on but no one else had heard of it.

I don't think it holds much significance as such, though internet sites will have you read into all sorts concerning the 11.11 thing.

Only ever happens to me with 11.11 though, never 12.12 or 23.23 etc. The most plausible explanation that I read is that the mind picks up on the visual arrangement of identical numbers all in a row and that you feel as if you see them everywhere but in reality you're just attatching significance to these times. Doesn't really explain why it doesn't happen for months sometimes and then relentlessly for weeks on end to me though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Hey I just posted at eleven mins past and didn't notice till i hit enter!! Duh duh duh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

KtK wrote: »
    Just noticed the time of my last post, didnt try to do this :eek:

KTK, look at the time of your first post. Also 3 posts on this thread have been on the eleventh minute - way above average!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

davyjose wrote: »
    KTK, look at the time of your first post. Also 3 posts on this thread have been on the eleventh minute - way above average!!!
    Lord, what an old post, 2004... sigh. I dont see these 11 numbers anymore, obviously I finally got the message. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 111madness

after i told you guys about this, i started to see even more often, and now 11:11 altogether with 11:01, 11:10. This morning first time the touched my computer mouse (after boot my pc in the morning) the computer clock show 11:01. Yesterday evening i took a taxi back from work the driver license has number S-111.

Ignore this? No way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    i noticed this with clocks
    i always look at them when its like 11:11 or 22:22 or 2:22 i.e. when its all the same number. i always do it, i dont know how it happens. tis madness i tells ya
    I have the same thing happen to me it's mad alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Saruman wrote: »
    The only reason you seem to see these numbers.. any of you is becase they are odd.. 11:11 on the clock!! you have probbaly looked at the clock without noticing half a dozen times before hand.. its only when you get to a number like that, then it sticks in your head.. nothing spernatural about it.. Happens all the time to me.

I would tend to agree with this statement, however if the OP is seeing up to 10 times a day, that seems alot. I noticed when I see certain numbers they click in my head, but its because they remind me of something. So if I see 747, I automatically think of a jumbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

the 9:11 thing happens with me too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mach6ix

Hi

I too have had the experience that completely parallels yours. I'd stop at a stop light and look left, the house number would be 111. Later that day, i'd look at the clock (which most people do, i understand) but 1:11 pm (time for lunch). I'd get home, relax by playing a video game and I'd look up to see how much ammo i have left, 111 bullets of my 200 magazine. Then, watching the hockey game, i look up to see how much time is left in the current penalty and it's 1:11....not 1:12 or 1:10 but 1:11. This is an example of a typical day, of which will repeat every other day for two weeks at a time, then disappear for a month, then come back.

Additionally, I'm a triplet.

I'm curious if your still see the 111's?

I too found the angelscribe website. I subscribe quite a bit of faith into it's telling as to why we see it although, i feel theres more too it. I'm not a spiritual person by nature, actually more of a skeptic with the wish for proof as i'd rather believe than not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Marckolius

I also would like to think that it is just a coincidence and that I just notice because of the repitition/oddity nature of looking at a clock and seeing the repitition of 1:11 or 11:11 , but it has now happened twice in the last 2 weeks or so that I have just woken up all of a sudden, look at the clock, and see that it is 1:11. Actuallly the second of those incidents, I woke up, and I just knew in my head that it would be 1:11. I look, and sure enough it is, so that dismisses the repition/oddity theory in my life anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mach6ix

Hi,

I'm curious if you any recently past loved ones as when this had first started for me, it was shortly after the passing of my father and sister. Just curious if there's a parallel to my experience here. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You'd be amazed at just how often you see the numbers 07:03, or 703. You just haven't fixated on it and therefore have not noticed. The more you imagine there is a significance to 111 the more you're going to notice it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dont think theres anything to this

im ALWAYS seeing the time at 13:37, be it in work or at home or just looking at the time on my phone

i dont think its that i see 13:37 whenever i look, i think its more that i check the time a fair bit, and 13:37 sticks out coz well, 1337. its only that time once a day, yet i might check the time 20-30 times a day for one reason or another. there are probably other numbers i see regularly, but they dont stand out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 angel888

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Ok. This has been happening to me for a few years now.. where the numbers keep appearing in the form 11, 111, 11:11 etc. It has been driving me mad, as it doesn't happen with any other number etc. and happens in multiples.. ie. it might not happen for 2 weeks and then it will happen up to 10 times in one day. I might just glance at the time, or look up and see the the no. 11 bus, or my receipt will say 11:11, or time of posting on boards would be 1:11 etc etc.

now for once and for all I decided tonight to google it. I don't know why I never did before.. but tonight I have seen the numbers so many times it really has driven me over the edge!!

and what did I find?!!!
    this
    link
    what are your opinions on this?
    does this or anything similar happen to anyone else here?!!!
    This combination might be important to you and it is worthwhile to bring it in your personal life eg. I bought a mobile number with 888 from ebay seller connect2angels. The meaning of each number is also explained.

Your combination "111" means "An energetic gateway has opened for you, rapidly manifesting your thoughts into reality. Choose your thoughts wisely at this time, ensuring that they match your desires. Do not put any energy into thinking about fears at all, lets you manifest them."

This is from book "Angel Numbers" by Doreen Virtue PhD & Lynette Brown.

It works for me and I use my lucky combination 888 when possible:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The number 2222 haunts my husband and me. He first noticed that he kept looking at the time on the dvd player at 22:22 then it was everywhere. (This is quite long, hope it doesn't bore any of you.)
    This number kept cropping up in disk drive serial numbers at work.
    When we were in Florida on hols a taxi company had it displayed on their cars as part of their phone no.s. At one stage there were these taxis in front, behind and on both sides of us on the highway.
    We went on the Space Mountain ride and to my horror we were in two of the cars both numbered 22.
    Watching 'Laurel and Hardy' one night -they were in apartments next to each other - both 22 22.
    I received a framed photo of my Godson and he has 22 22 written on his sweatshirt.
    My son came home from school one day with a picture he'd coloured in of two baseball players-both numbered 22.
    In Salou this summer we walked down a quiet street passing a lone car number plate 2222-this is only one of numerous number plates we've seen-even saw this number printed on the back window of a bus in front of us in a traffic jam.
    My husband was the 2222nd person to use the bank machine in his workplace.
    In the last place he worked 2222 was part of the emergency helpline number.
    Standing in the queue in a cafe one day the table numbers were all standing overlapping each other and they read 2222.
    22 alone is constantly cropping up, just check out Roy's Rolls in 'Corrie' to see it on the wall behind the counter, too numerous to continue.
    There is one more incident I will mention.. I have a book on the Titanic and it states that the recorded number of people on board including passengers and crew was 2222....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

theres a thing called the red mini theory - as in once you buy yourself a red mini, you see them everywhere (thats not just limited to red minis) - basically once you become aware of something you notice it more. maybe that could be the same with numbers?

Advertisement