Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep seeing numbers 111

Options
  • 19-12-2004 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

Ok. This has been happening to me for a few years now.. where the numbers keep appearing in the form 11, 111, 11:11 etc. It has been driving me mad, as it doesn't happen with any other number etc. and happens in multiples.. ie. it might not happen for 2 weeks and then it will happen up to 10 times in one day. I might just glance at the time, or look up and see the the no. 11 bus, or my receipt will say 11:11, or time of posting on boards would be 1:11 etc etc.

now for once and for all I decided tonight to google it. I don't know why I never did before.. but tonight I have seen the numbers so many times it really has driven me over the edge!!

and what did I find?!!!
    this
    link
    what are your opinions on this?
    does this or anything similar happen to anyone else here?!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I get 2.22 or 22 or 22.22 all the time. as far as I know they are what are referred to as master numbers (master vibration). My father also died on 22, so sometimes it makes me think of that.
    I've read a few things about 11.11 too, also master numbers, will try and locate what they mean for you later but I'm interested in knowing what they mean to you or what feeling you get from them. (I get instantaneous, spontaneous, immediate and in the now, if that makes sense)
    22.22 to me means balance, always pleased to see it when its around.
    33.33 means expression to me...

like I said will locate the info when I get the chance.

[edit] posted that before I saw the link, see you've found the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i noticed this with clocks
    i always look at them when its like 11:11 or 22:22 or 2:22 i.e. when its all the same number. i always do it, i dont know how it happens. tis madness i tells ya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I always get the feeling that there's someone there. Though who that could be I'm not sure. It's a nervous feeling, as if to say you're not alone.. I dunno, it's very strange.

That website portrays it in a much more positive light..

Odd numbers really annoy me.. I always stick to even numbers.. like on the radio.. I'll let it rest on an even number.. things like that!! So the number one is not a number I'd like!!! That's probably why I feel nervous.. it's uneven and borderline. Although it is a powerful number.. maybe why it freaks me out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i always seem to look at the clock when its the same hours as mins
    example
    22:22, 23:23..
    its weird

i noticed this with clocks
    i always look at them when its like 11:11 or 22:22 or 2:22 i.e. when its all the same number. i always do it, i dont know how it happens. tis madness i tells ya
    he he..

yeah it is bit strange. I dunno.. I think there's something more to it though. As in it's not just the time.. it's everything!! Just got off phone .. call lasted 1:11 mins. I mean why?!! ahh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Cork_girl wrote:
    I always get the feeling that there's someone there. Though who that could be I'm not sure. It's a nervous feeling, as if to say you're not alone.. I dunno, it's very strange.

That website portrays it in a much more positive light..

Odd numbers really annoy me.. I always stick to even numbers.. like on the radio.. I'll let it rest on an even number.. things like that!! So the number one is not a number I'd like!!! That's probably why I feel nervous.. it's uneven and borderline. Although it is a powerful number.. maybe why it freaks me out!!

i'm exactly the same with even numbers but i always write it off as an obsessive compulsive disorder.

i'm exactly the same with even numbers but i always write it off as an obsessive compulsive disorder.
    if it causes you anxiety or compells you to do strange things to feel better then maybe a visit to the doctor is in order.
    P.I. board here.

well the whole 111 thing doesn't upset me or anything.. it's just I'd love to know if it is symbolising something.. or maybe I've attached significance to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

A "9" next to the 1's means that your goal is almost completed and/or that you are coming to the end of one phase of your life (one door is closing and another is opening).

Hmm, september eleventh??

yeah there's a big thing about the whole 9/11 and significance of 11 in relation to it.. but this is not what I'm talking about!! or at lease I don't think it's the same thing

• Advertisement

off topic.."Most of us have worries, doubts, superstitions, or "funny" habits of one kind or another.However, for some these feelings become so strong at some point in their lives that they almost take over. These people may have obsessive-compulsive disorder, or OCD."

On topic...couple of years ago I was a member at a site where people did readings and whatnots, I didn't have much faith in them and never accepted any information they gave me as accurate (concerning someone who had died)..I was getting rightly pi*sed off with all the cold reading efforts and logged out, went back after five minutes when I had calmed down and entered my nick wrong and came in as "guest#22722"
    At the same time there was a numerology seminar going on in one of the rooms and when I entered they just stopped, was very funny, they considered the numbers to be very significant and gave me an interpretation, was all the more relevant as the date someone had died (22799)
    Gave me an interest in numerology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

or what about the invasion of iraq, 20/03/2003?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

umm im a little drunk here so i hope i make sense but come come on!! The only reason you seem to see these numbers.. any of you is becase they are odd.. 11:11 on the clock!! you have probbaly looked at the clock without noticing half a dozen times before hand.. its only when you get to a number like that, then it sticks in your head.. nothing spernatural about it.. Happens all the time to me.

ok bed time for me. :D

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/lottery.htm
    On 11 September 2002, the first anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York's World Trade Center towers, the numbers selected in one of the New York state lottery drawings were 9-1-1.

nothing spernatural about it
    I'm not sure I would class it as supernatural, if it has meaning for you then it might be termed a moment of synchronicity.
    Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.
    something may mean nothing to you but might be very meaningful to another.
    The only reason you seem to see these numbers.. any of you is becase they are odd
    22.22?
    There's hundreds of books written on the subject of numerology, basically numbers hold as much symbolic significance as animals or colors do.
    as an example of symbolic significance, 9/11 has always been recognised as the number to dial for emergencies (in the states), which is profound considering the state of emergency on 9/11.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I could easily have written the original post on this thread, Ive been noticing 9:11 everywhere for about a year, I also seem to look at the clock at eleven mins past the hour all the time, or the speedo on the car reads ***11??? Ive always felt it was a mental nudge to make me notice something (message or whatever) that spirit are trying to tell me. I dont know about numerology, but apparently 11 is a master number, and relates to being on a spiritual path. Its nice to know Im not alone!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Crystal Links have a page on it Here, similar enough to the angelscribe link above.

It seems to me as if people often see this as the universe, or some spiritual type figure, trying to pass us a message. Personally I find that a bit hard to believe given that numbers, and particularly their form and what they represent is a creation of man. I find this especially true with regard to the events of 911 and the signifigance given to the numerology of it. Nothing really changed on 911, a bunch of people died, a lot more suffered, since then there's been 2 wars, many more people dying and a lot of fear and hatred. That could describe pretty much any period in human history. Given the infinite combinations of numerical formulas possible I think it would be possible to make pretty much any date signifigant in terms of something else, for example as part of trying to disprove the bible code thoeries, mathamaticians have taken random meaningless dates and managed to find them encoded in bible passages.

On the other hand there may be some subconcious shenanigans going on. Perhaps when people spot particular patterns or numbers repeating, it could be that your subconsious is drawing your attention to those for a particular reason. This could be particularly true if you have already attached a meaning to a pattern or set of numbers in your mind.

stevenmu wrote:
    It seems to me as if people often see this as the universe, or some spiritual type figure, trying to pass us a message. Personally I find that a bit hard to believe given that numbers, and particularly their form and what they represent is a creation of man. I find this especially true with regard to the events of 911 and the signifigance given to the numerology of it. Nothing really changed on 911, a bunch of people died, a lot more suffered, since then there's been 2 wars, many more people dying and a lot of fear and hatred. That could describe pretty much any period in human history. Given the infinite combinations of numerical formulas possible I think it would be possible to make pretty much any date signifigant in terms of something else, for example as part of trying to disprove the bible code thoeries, mathamaticians have taken random meaningless dates and managed to find them encoded in bible passages.

On the other hand there may be some subconcious shenanigans going on. Perhaps when people spot particular patterns or numbers repeating, it could be that your subconsious is drawing your attention to those for a particular reason. This could be particularly true if you have already attached a meaning to a pattern or set of numbers in your mind.

I accept that I may be subconciously noticing a particular pattern. If this is the case its still quite weird, because of the situations where it happens and the frequency. I think the 911 has no significance to the twin towers, I simply think in my case it was a number I would notice. I like to think of it as using something in my frame of reference, same as if you are abroad and want to speak to someone, you use their language rather than your own, in order to be understood.

Just noticed the time of my last post, didnt try to do this :eek:

KatieK wrote:
    Just noticed the time of my last post, didnt try to do this :eek:
    Try taking your last 2 together
    11:14 - 13:11 ->
    14 - 13 = 1 ->
    11:1:11 :eek:

• Advertisement

Personally I find that a bit hard to believe given that numbers, and particularly their form and what they represent is a creation of man.
    I'm not sure if thats true, numbers are symbols we have created through which we can percieve the order of creation, like Phi for example, everything in nature has order.
    Symbolism is the language of the subconscious.

stevenmu wrote:
    Try taking your last 2 together
    11:14 - 13:11 ->
    14 - 13 = 1 ->
    11:1:11 :eek:

Getting very twilight zone here. Must not panic! :D:D

keu wrote:
    I'm not sure if thats true, numbers are symbols we have created through which we can percieve the order of creation, like Phi for example, everything in nature has order.
    Symbolism is the language of the subconscious.
    Well Phi (like Pi) is a relationship, and it is pretty amazing how it appears everywhere. When you try to represent it in our numerical system though it comes out as an irrational decimal, as I recall it starts 1.618... and goes on for thousands of decimal places if not to infinity. Nature/creation may have order but it bears little resemblance to what we think of as rational numbers. I can't think of any constants from the nature/physics which tie in nicely with our number system, which is why I find it hard to believe that some power other than our own minds is presenting such nicely formatted numbers as messages. Altough now that you mention Phi, I do believe there's something more to that. That pops up far too often to be a coincidence for my liking.

All I know about Phi is what I read in the da vinci code ( :o ) but from that isnt it about how different measurements relate to each other? Educate me, please! In relation to your point about nicely formatted numbers as messages, how else is a higher conciousness supposed to communicate with us? :)

katie wrote:
    how else is a higher conciousness supposed to communicate with us?
    funny you said that Katie, just went over to paganism and grabbed this in relation to stevens comment about
    stevenmu wrote:
    which is why I find it hard to believe that some power other than our own minds is presenting such nicely formatted numbers as messages.
    extracted from paganism
    "11% believe that God is "a state of higher consciousness that a person may reach"
    8% define God as "the total realization of personal, human potential"

if 11 is symbolic of spiritual awareness than maybe the fact that your recognising it is purpose in itself. ESP is extra sensory perception, just being able to perceive this symbology is being open to " a higher consciousness", the more learned you become at recognising what most people dismiss, the more aware you become and you begin to realize your human potential.

my 2c

[edit]some day I'll find words to express myself which make more sense

http://goldennumber.net/ is a good website on it (including a bit about it's use in the da vinci code, which is where I heard about it too). It's also called the golden ratio/number/mean. It's found by comparing the measurements of body parts in lots of animals and other natural structures. There's also been some papers about it turning up in maths and physics (links here altough I haven't read any yet so I'm not sure as to the quality)
    KatieK wrote:
    how else is a higher conciousness supposed to communicate with us?
    I would have thought that any higher intelligence that was going to use a symbology created by us would choose letters instead of numbers, much more meaningful to most of us. There was actually a tribe discovered relativly recently (in south america I think) that didn't have any concept of numbers or counting. All they understood was none, one and many. Researchers tested them with different amounts of fruit and they couldn't tell the difference between say 5 pieces and 7, to them it was the exact same thing. Interestingly they learned to speak, read and write english easily enough. Also, simple patterns such as 111 or 1234 don't really contain very much information unless that pattern has some personal meaning to you. Without some predefined meaning to them, people are free to interpret them as they want, it seems very ambigous for a deliberate message, altough from others messages supposedly from higher intellects (bible etc) it seems they enjoy being ambigous :) . Still, if you and Cork_girl are being sent messages, do you not think you'd also be given the means the understand it ?

I find this funny.
    maybe this "higher intelligence" does communicate in letters too, most people just don't recognise it, often when people speak about noticing numbers they notice multiples of the same one, which catches their attention, like 1.1.1....its like saying "hello..notice me"
    as for letters, why not read your posts and see if you can spot any communication with a higher intelligence. LOL

it's called reading between the lines.

keu wrote:
    I find this funny.
    maybe this "higher intelligence" does communicate in letters too, most people just don't recognise it, often when people speak about noticing numbers they notice multiples of the same one, which catches their attention, like 1.1.1....its like saying "hello..notice me"
    That's exactly what it's like, but there's no particular message attached to it, unless you want to get into the whole area of absolutely everything being a message of some sort. What your describing sounds like a pretty good description of a subconcious process to me.

That's exactly what it's like, but there's no particular message attached to it, unless you want to get into the whole area of absolutely everything being a message of some sort.
    maybe its because I grew up in a family of artists, but instead of looking at everything as messages, I think of most things as expressions.
    its a bit more rational, and less supernatural.
    (numbers are also known as expressions right?)

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote:

I would have thought that any higher intelligence that was going to use a symbology created by us would choose letters instead of numbers, much more meaningful to most of us...... Still, if you and Cork_girl are being sent messages, do you not think you'd also be given the means the understand it ?

Numbers are a far more universal language than the written word. Although for me the numbers dont have to have a literal meaning they just say 'listen'. In other words, pay more attention to your spiritual side! But hey, I could be seeing a message when its just my subconcious talking! As for everything being a message... therein madness lies! And I am completely sane...I hope ;)

Advertisement