Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband sooooooooooon

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Boomer23 wrote:
    3 meg for 45 a month, 40 gig cap, cant beat it

its very beatable in a small town to the west of Waterford

decisions to make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Mossy Monk wrote:
    its very beatable in a small town to the west of Waterford

decisions to make

Yep - that's undeniable. But compared to national offerings it is very, very good. No phone line needed........... :eek:

But compared to national offerings it is very, very good. No phone line needed........... :eek:

indeed. this would almost make me consider subscribing to ntl. do you need the digital service to get the broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

No.

You just need to be a subcriber to their basic cable pack

sounds even more tempting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Im assuming MMDS Digital customers dont have access to the broadband?

Broadband from Ntl wont be in Waterford city for another year, And the Fiber optic cable running from the Esb in the call center in Waterford has nothing to do with Broadband for Waterford. :)

From Waterford Today front page, May 4th, 2005:

Waterford cabled homes to be upgraded for Broadband
    NTL Ireland have announced that it is offering residential broadband services to customers in Waterford from early May 2005. The first customers to be offered ntl Broadband will be in the Rathfadden area of the city and the service will be rolled out on a phased basis to other parts of NTL's Waterford network with the upgrade programme to be
    completed this year.

NTL is also pleased to announce that it will increase all its broadband product speeds by over 100 per cent from 1st June 2005. This move will introduce a new entry tier broadband service at 1Mb and will be priced at just e25 per month, representing the best entry-level Broadband product in the Irish marketplace. Broadband users wanting faster speeds will be able to choose from ntl's 2Mb broadband service for just e35 per month or the 3Mb broadband service (the fastest Broadband product in the Irish residential market) for just e45 per month.

All packages offer the full benefits of ntl's existing broadband suite, including a freephone technical support line, access to personal Webspace and newsgroups, and no obligation to subscribe to a telephone service.
    Customers who sign up to ntl's broadband service also enjoy 3 months FREE Broadband subscription and FREE installation for all three levels of service.

Mark Mohan, Sales & Marketing Director of ntl Ireland said: "The Waterford roll out of Broadband shows our commitment to deliver widespread availability of broadband to all consumers. Waterford residents can now experience the best Broadband internet products in the Irish market from its local and trusted cable operator." ends.........

No comment needed..........

From Waterford Today front page, May 4th, 2005:

Waterford cabled homes to be upgraded for Broadband
    NTL Ireland have announced that it is offering residential broadband services to customers in Waterford from early May 2005. The first customers to be offered ntl Broadband will be in the Rathfadden area of the city and the service will be rolled out on a phased basis to other parts of NTL's Waterford network with the upgrade programme to be
    completed this year.

NTL is also pleased to announce that it will increase all its broadband product speeds by over 100 per cent from 1st June 2005. This move will introduce a new entry tier broadband service at 1Mb and will be priced at just e25 per month, representing the best entry-level Broadband product in the Irish marketplace. Broadband users wanting faster speeds will be able to choose from ntl's 2Mb broadband service for just e35 per month or the 3Mb broadband service (the fastest Broadband product in the Irish residential market) for just e45 per month.

All packages offer the full benefits of ntl's existing broadband suite, including a freephone technical support line, access to personal Webspace and newsgroups, and no obligation to subscribe to a telephone service.
    Customers who sign up to ntl's broadband service also enjoy 3 months FREE Broadband subscription and FREE installation for all three levels of service.

Mark Mohan, Sales & Marketing Director of ntl Ireland said: "The Waterford roll out of Broadband shows our commitment to deliver widespread availability of broadband to all consumers. Waterford residents can now experience the best Broadband internet products in the Irish market from its local and trusted cable operator." ends.........

No comment needed..........

PS - remind me not to take a tip for a horse from you, MM2004!

No, the MMDS service does not have a fraction of the needed bandwidth for broadband, as I'm sure you have noticed with delays changing channel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Rodo

:D Hi Everyone, I have ntl broadband, installed it last thursday, 1.5Mb line, and have to say it's smoking, bigtime. I'm in the 2nd fibre node that has been released by them. word round the campfire is that the entire cable system in Waterford will be released in August, happy days :D. I did a speed test on it to actually see the speed and it clocked 1,47mb, what can i say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 idj

Rodo,

Is it true about August? If so thats great news.
    Very jealous re speeds. Still on dial up.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Guys does anyone have an exact date as to when viewmount will be enabled to receive NTL Broadband

Burning at the bit to get it as soon as possible

Shinzon

They are working there way across the city at the moment.

Today they started work on enabling Ursuline Cresant and Ursuline Court. The Dunmore road area will be one of the last areas to be upgraded I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

They are working there way across the city at the moment.

Today they started work on enabling Ursuline Cresant and Ursuline Court. The Dunmore road area will be one of the last areas to be upgraded I reckon!

as per usual

thx

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

hey guys only copped this post now :p anyone know when it might hit Johns park? I presume it might shortly after the ursuline court area is done? if not il have to call and badger em a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

According to local rag the Waterford Today, they are holding a public "discussion" about the new Waterford service at their offices on the Cork Road later today (Thursday 26th) at 6.30pm. "All are welcome" and refreshments will be provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭jmcc

Gadgie wrote:
    According to local rag the Waterford Today, they are holding a public "discussion" about the new Waterford service at their offices on the Cork Road later today (Thursday 26th) at 6.30pm. "All are welcome" and refreshments will be provided.
    Where abouts on the Cork Road are the NTL offices?

Regards...jmcc

Just keep going out and it'll be out your right. It's just before "Motor Mile"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭jmcc

Just keep going out and it'll be out your right. It's just before "Motor Mile"
    Ah near AOL :) Thanks. I might actually get to that seminar that's on this evening at 1830.
    Regards...jmcc

Advertisement