Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.308 factory match ammo for the slightly longer ranges

Options
  • 20-05-2024 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been taking part in the F-restricted outings in MNSCI the last few times (600 and 800 yds). Thoroughly enjoying it. Shot my 6.5 Creedmoor yesterday.

But I'd like to shoot my .308 a bit more in this. I'm using the Sako 168gr Racehead ammo which is pretty good in my 12" twist. But most 168gr has a rep for being a short fat bullet with quite a bit of drag. I'm definitely shooting worse on the 800 with it than the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Any suggestions for .308 factory match ammo that's available for the longer ranges? I've tried looking for the Sako TRG Precision 175gr, but I'm told they no longer produce it.

Thanks in advance,

alanmc

Comments

Advertisement