Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple to small claims

Options
  • 15-05-2024 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've started a case against apple in the small claims court.

Bought a 10.9" ipad at Christmas 22, in Feb 24 it stopped charging, you can see some damage in the charging port - blackened little contacts. This tablet has been well taken care of, immaculate and only ever apple cable and charger used to power it.

Apple will fix the issue for a price as they say it is outside the "apple one year limited warranty"

They also say

"without prejudice to the above the claimant has failed to produce any evidence that the device was not of merchantable quality(ie fit for the purpose or purposes for which goods of that kind are commonly bought and as durable as it is reasonable to expect having regard to any description applied to them, the price, and all the other relevant circumstances; at the time of purchase, pursuant to section 14(3) of the sale of goods act 1893?? - doubt that's correct (the 1893 act) as substituted by section 10 of the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980

Accordingly the respondent denies the claimants claim.

I take it that my response to this is to dispute their claim that it was '' as durable as it is reasonable to expect having regard to any description applied to them, the price, and all other relevant circumstances at the time of purchase" - I mean an ipad that costs €500+ should last more that 14 months?

I have to respond to the registrar in writing, what should I write?

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement