Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Executive Officer 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is there a time frame for how long HEO comps take? I assume we're talking a month or so for each stage to complete and move to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hungerjames

I was a single digit placement candidate in 2022 and the campaign launched at a similar time of year. I had a first week of September start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Totally Red

When filling in the application form do you adhere to the word count or does it matter if you don't match it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

It's a limit from my understanding. It will prevent you from entering more text.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 D3BAS3R13

the application is pretty lengthy.. do you reckon they want you to hit the word count in the questions or am I over thinking it.. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Im about 50 characters off, it hards to get it perfect when they count letters and spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 28 The_Taxman

Are you going into specific examples I.e STAR for the competency questions on the form or giving an overview of your experience and role?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 prin2023

Surely it doesnt need to be 2500?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 The_Taxman

2500 characters is not that much at all. Words would be a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭skidmarkoner

I'm breaking it down by background, actions and results. Working STAR into each answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 modublin363

Quick Question: For question 2 where you fill in details of your experience in the civil service, is it just a line like they have quoted or do you talk about your experience? There are a ton of characters for this part but I've already talked about the roles in the employment history part.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 shardor18

I just listed the different areas I've worked as they demonstrated. I'm guessing alot of people might have been in lots of different depts hence the extra space.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dublindoyle2023

Quick question, i have filled out all my past job history. The question refering do you have 2 years experience i just put down my most recent dept i have been in 3 years as that makes me eligible.

My other job roles were HSE, DEASP dating back 15 years unsure whether to waste my time as they were 9 months temp here and there and its already noted in my job history

• Registered Users Posts: 47 shardor18

I would only put any previous civil service roles so the HSE wouldn't be relevant but the DSP would.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gestappo

I got a text yesterday from publicjobs, it brought back memories of the EO comp and anxiously waiting for the texts to come in 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭JennyZ

• Registered Users Posts: 28 parnellie

I opened the application last night. There was a question about whether you had at least two years service. To answer you had to pick from a drop down that had at least two years in Civil service, two years public service or if you selected no you would be eligible.

That makes me think length of service in the public service is counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 greencatkin

Hello! I can't find the competition on public jobs - not sure what I'm doing wrong - can someone help? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭furrybones

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&cid=189011&campaignId=24231106&Itemid=263

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MaryKaye79

anybody else having trouble with Question 5 Strategic awareness and change. I’m struggling to think of example. Embarrassed to even say I don’t get what it means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 MaryKaye79

think it’s time to open a bottle of wine and leave this until tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Filled out everything but the questions - need to really ponder a good answer to them.

Does anyone think they will eliminate applications based on the application - they say they will shortlist from the applications. I know there is a massive shortage of CO and EO but don't know about HEO

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JobJourney

Hi all,

I can't find the candidate information booklet for this competition. Can anyone help? Thanks,

I’ll be working on my application today. I had a look over the questions the other day, but I don’t remember that’ being asked 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JobJourney

Thanks for getting back to me. With any previous competition I've applied for, the candidate booklet was attached to the job advert, which I can't see here -https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&cid=189011&campaignId=24231106&Itemid=263

Is the circular intended to function as the Candidate Booklet, or is there a separate booklet I should have access to?

There's no separate booklet, this is all that's referenced in the application form too.

How are you all getting on with the application form?

I'm at it hours now, and I've only gotten to the main questions 😞

So I'm guessing questions 3, 4 & 5 will mainly be used for the shortlisting? Or would previous work/education history come into it?

Post edited by gestappo on

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpringThing

I finished my application on Friday because I didn't want to be dreading it all weekend. I was waffling away and ran out of space for the last question so had to edit myself down. Not long an EO but if you're not in you can't win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Mr lebowski

I asked that question and was told it doesn't count.

Advertisement