Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C/A: Immigration Thread Warnings

Options
  • 02-05-2024 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭

I first received a warning from Beasty on the Current Affairs forum for posting examples of crime committed by migrants, adding to my other posts documenting and further proving Justice Minister Helen McEntee's ( and others) claims to be false. and then I was thread bannded by Tens of Swords

• "McEntee has confidently said there are “no facts” to suggest an increase in migration has led to increased crime rates. There's a “perception” that “people are coming in with criminal backgrounds that we don't know about”...“There are simply no facts to back that up,” she said. “None whatsoever”."

I purposely refer to Justice Minister Helen McEntee's claim that there are no facts linking crime to migrants. Not all of them are related to or especially refer to asylum seekers. Iv also provided data proving that asylum applicants are economic migrants so that is applicable to immigration as a whole.

See examples of my posts relating to immigration:

Near all of my posts on boards are accompanied by sources, and when it comes to crimes committed by foreign nationals in Ireland the examples are endless. The thing is, I'm posting information that is available to the public and reported by the media that relates to the topic in question. Can you see examples of cherry-picking? I don't. I see posts reporting facts. And other users seem to appreciate my posts too..

I would like the warnings and the thread ban from the immigration thread removed from my profile so I can continue to post facts on the thread. Going forward I want to make sure I'm not arbitrarily given a warning or banned because of what mods like Beastie and Ten of swords state is "cherry-picking" or goes against their (subject) political vue. Also, the report button is being abused by a particular group of users on the thread. Over time you get to see the posting styles and political opinions of users, I've read/seen posts Beastie and Ten of swords and I strongly believe they are modding subjectively with the help of the said group of users abusing the report button..

I would like to keep posting on that thread in the way that I have been doing. The facts are the facts but some users dont like them being presented on thread.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi,

I can look into this for you. Firstly, have you attempted to resolve this with the moderator?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Yes I responded to Tens of Swords on April 28th asking them to explain how my post went against the rules and then again on May 1st

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi OP,

I'm assuming the threadban is from the refugee thread. If you want to appeal that one, you'll have to open a thread in HelpDesk, not DRP.

To be clear, which warning are you appealing? Have you PM'd the mod in question to attempt to resolve it?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Yes, I have contacted them as mentioned above. I'm talking about the immigration thread where I received a ban. For what exactly? Tens of swords never bothered to explain the atall. What did I do in the immigration thread where 10s of swords issued the ban? He's using "activity" as a catch-all phrase.

When I go on to post in the immigration thread I don't want to post something and get arbitrarily thread or site banned. Im not being told. Resident wet wipes don't get to abuse the report button because they're upset at posts (following the rules) are allowed on the board and the mods subjectively agreeing with them.

I want to know what rule I broke on the immigration thread with an example.

thanks

If you want to appeal your ban from the refugee thread (the immigration one is closed), please start a thread in HelpDesk.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement