Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In need of a website - paid gig

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Just an FYI OP. I use to work for a marketplace company. 15 engineers were employed and it was nothing special. Salaries between 40-100K.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

OP your idea of what extortion is needs a reality check

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shimadzu

But what you appear to be asking for a fully functioning website, the number of users and averts is not really relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Designator

paying someone €1,000 a week to have them work part time on my website on top of other websites theyre developing is a bit over the top to say the least .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I'll just be straight with you. You haven't a clue. You're making yourself out to be at best naive and at worst utterly ignorant and insulting.

If you're looking at €8,500 over say six weeks, it would break down to roughly 15-18 hours per week based on a fairly conservative hourly rate - assuming my maths are correct.

If you're getting a freelance developer to committ to that amount of time per week, on fairly short notice, then that is in no way unreasonable.

Granted you may not want to pay it or see the value in it, but that's not the Dev's problem.

I'm sure you have done but sit down and have a think about the value and importance of your demo. How important is this? Could it make or break your project? Is this really the time to be cutting corners?

If it's a success then you could be looking back at the €8,500 in a few years and thinking what a bargain you got.

EDIT - My numbers are off! I think(!) it's actually worse for the dev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What did freelancers on fiverr quote you? That is the absolute best your going to get. I've seen some ridiculously cheap good quality work on there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Why not use Figma and produce a prototype if all you need is a demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭dickdasr1234

In need of more than a website!

Advertisement