Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting without a job

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Waterfrog

That's true. We will definitely try.

The truth is, people will always say something bad about a country. If I asked people on an australian website about tips for moving to australia they would tell me how bad it is and that I should choose a different country. The same goes for other countries like the US, Norway and many more. There's problems in every country.

I think finding a job is easier than finding a place to live in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

If you asked me the same question 5+ years ago, I would have given you a different answer, but at the moment, it's not impossible, but it is extremely difficult to find accommodation-not impossible. There are lots of jobs here, but most are minimum wage jobs, unless you have a qualification. Public Transport is available in urban areas, but not fit for purpose in rural areas.

I can't see any country being any better really, unless ye had some money and could go back to the Phillippines?

North America, Canada etc. are a lot worse than here or any part of Europe , even for citizens, not to mind Immigrants- the quality of life there is dismal.

Whether you like it being brought up or not, any disability is going to be a problem for anyone, no point in pretending it's not an issue, it makes life a bit more difficult, which is why it's a disability. There is no judgement on you, or any other person that has one, but if you want help, then you are going to receive honest answers, whether you choose to accept them or not, is your prerogative.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ingo1984

Don't agree with that. If you earn a good wage in the US you have a far better quality of life than a comparable wage in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

We don't mind taking buses. So as long as there's a bus stop nearby we're okay.

You are seriously underestimating the public transport situation in Ireland. The last house I lived in was a 3 mile walk to the nearest bus stop. That bus stop was serviced by two intercity busses every two hours. Edit: I should have pointed out, it wasn't even that rural of an area. Some villages have a bus stop but the bus is twice a day to the next major town. Not suitable for anyone relying on it for work.

You mentioned you found 45 properties in Ireland which are €1000 or less. 45 properties in the entire country? That alone should be telling you its not a good idea. Were any of the 45 in a small village? I doubt it.

We have to get out of Germany

Unless you're on the run from the mob, you really don't have to get out of Germany.

Post edited by LambshankRedemption on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

We are talking about minimum wage, in this case, but even the average wage earner is much better off in Ireland, that is my experience of having lived there for 11 years. Also, my friends that are there, even the ones making up to 150k, think the quality of life is much better in Ireland, but you are free to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rowantree18

I've ived in a few different countries and I'm genuinely not trying to be unkind or unhelpful, but there is nowhere to rent for 1000e per month other than a room in a shared house and the owners will not rent to a couple with a baby in one room. This is reality.

Advertisement