Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does social housing work ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭spillit67

It isn’t a scale issue. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭The Student

Perhaps you don't want to consider others views and experience.

Try read my post again this time reading what I wrote rather than what you think I wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I read what you wrote. I actually think it is you who doesn't want to consider others views and experience.

I grew up in social housing, I am now a home owner who lives in a private estate and I have a council owned property right next door as well as other council owned and private renters in my estate.

So I also have views and experience - of living in both models, the vast 100% social housing estate, and an estate with a mix of private owners, private renters, and council tenancies.

I know which one works better. That's my opinion, take it or leave it.

So, I'll leave it there.

Post edited by Ezeoul on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just look at the comments on this Twitter post and you can see the levels of entitlement (and racism) the councils are facing when it comes to the idea of trying to maximise the use of limited state resources:

https://twitter.com/NewstalkFM/status/1773028839683170418

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭The Student

I too have experienced both good and bad in both social and private estates. I have had some of the nicest people you could ever meet from both sectors. I have seen where troublesome tenants have been moved into areas resulting in those areas seeing an increase in anti social issues. So rather than the State dealing with the anti social issues of the tenants (which forms part of their tenancy agreements) the State moves the issue rather than deal with it.

All models you reference could work equally well the only constant in all of these models are the people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement