Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGS 2024 - Round 1 Corballis - 23rd Mar 12:20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'd say that form will be about right for Corballis...because in best of form ..that is how it ends up anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bobster453

Whatever the golf is like Boards outings are always that..fun

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Most definitely. Can’t wait to get back out. Not taking my golf serious this year, just there to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Snackbox20

Can't wait for this outing and playing golf and catching up with great people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

really looking forward to this now. Seems like such a long time singe Captains in 2023. 1st round of the year booked in for Paddy's Day so hopefully shake off some of the rust before Corballis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

Slow going around corballis, was chatting to a lad today who played yesterday in a society. Took them 5 hours to get around. There are two societies out before us

I'm in first group next week# happy to drop back to another group if there are people not familiar with the course. Always helps with some of the blind shots

I havent played here before but i have @RoadRunner with me so i can follow his shots if i can see that far and his shots go where they are supposed to😂

5 hours for corballis...

Wow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Big winds, gusting at 50kph plus forecast for Saturday, will slow it down even more

Be grand😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Lol, gusting at 63 kph but no rain at least.

I’m going with 32 points to win, maybe 30

Oh good.My 23 points should still earn me high brownie points then😂 especially if the last few groups are playing in the dark.

Unless they have luminous balls which wouldnt surprise me in the least😂

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are there practice / warm up facilities at Corballis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

If I remember correctly there was a decent putting/chipping area for practice but that was it.

If you are heading from the Dublin direction Halpenny driving range is along the way and about 20 mins from Corballis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

There is a putting green, a chipping area, & I think there's a net to hit a ball into. It's a relatively small area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

There is also a second practice area for pitching on the way to 18

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Really looking forward to this now - it's been a crappy few weeks in work and getting out playing again will be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 go1f

Looking forward to my first outing with the society. Sounds like it will be a tough course for ridding myself of the first time nerves! 🙈

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Be grand!

My first boards outing my first tee shot barely made it off the tee box. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sorbet

Really looking forward to it. Mentioned it in a scramble I played in my own club yesterday and one of the group was raving about it as a course. Although told me there’s so many blind shots you’ll enjoy it more the second time! Hoping @a post punk , @boccy23 and @Break80 can point me in the right direction 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Snackbox20

I think there is a net over at the back of the putting green. The putting green is fair decent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

(Potentially) dumb question: which tees are we playing from, do we know?

I'd imagine only one tee set will be out - white and it will be on shorter side of white as winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Pack a beanie, temperature forecast to drop for Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

I lost a ball last year in the nets before the round. There's thick grass behind them and they're not fully sealed. It was a bad omen.

And there's very little difference between the blue and white tees in Corballis. But with the winds forecast, we'll need whatever leg up we can get. On the truly worst of days for the midweek opens I've seen people come 4th without breaking 20 points. For the day that's forecast, I'd be impressed if multiple people break 36 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

I used to always get a bit annoyed by people giving out about the length of time rounds in Corballis take. It's exceptionally short, but with all the places balls can hide on the course the rounds take the same amount of time as a typical par 72 course. That said, 5 hours is very long!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Looking forward to making my first appearance and meeting everyone. Fairly new to golf and never played Corballis so hopefully someone in my group has so they can point me in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Hope you all have a great day out for the 1st outing of the year. Will be interested to read all the postmortem comments that are posted.

Welcome and enjoy.

Not too sure about some of ours guiding you around.

Some(who shall remain nameless) have been known to get lost looking for the 1st tee in courses and some have even gone to the wrong course.

Google maps they aint😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Sorry to be a late withdrawal everyone, but I now have to miss this unfortunately.

Hopefully still time for someone who wanted to play to take my place, was first out at 12:20.

Enjoy the day, and catch you all next time.

Advertisement