Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helldivers 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They're meant to have about doubled server cap.

If people are playing with high levels I wouldn't trust they know anything, there's a lot of people who were grinding the defense missions for xp and rec but don't know how to play. Like thinking samples/rec/sc is kept by whoever picks it up or just not knowing (or reading prompts) I on how to complete objectives or starting unending fights with enemies you didn't have too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

It doesnt give much hand holding for missions. It took me a few days to figure out that areas of interest and secondary objectives are important.

That said, there is a lot to be said for dropping in, doing the main objective, getting to extraction and blasting a sh1t ton of aliens while doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah there is a few tips that you pick up along the way.

Reload with 1-2 bullets left. Reloads throw away all the bullets in the clipnso don't reload too early. But if you reload with bullets left it reloads much faster.

If you see a bug digging at the ground it is about to spew orange stuff in the air and call in a bug breech. Kill them before the orange spray and you will stop it. Similar for automatons but they shoot a flare.

Clear bug nests (show as red areas on the map) , the less of these the less active bugs on the maps.

Secondary objectives usually show in blue and are good for getting extra xp and cash.

If you see a half buried blue or red shipping container. They usually show as minor points of interest and have ammo outside but toss a grenade at the door and blow it up to get medals, money or free stratagems.

You can find massive artillery guns. You need to use the terminal and then load in the shells but you get massive fire power to call in.

Boosters (unlocked via warbonds) work across the whole squad. So if you have the max ammo booster everyone drops in with full ammo and grenades.

Would add about the boosters they aren't consumed, they should have called them something else but if someone is new they'd think they're consumable.

Had a weird bug today, dropped in with no weapons, my primary and secondary were replaced by ammo backpacks where ones on my back and the others in my hands.

No grenades either, while armour/cape set as default.

On the bright side I did have instant unlimited strats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Managed to get a good few games in on Friday night, very enjoyable when I can get it to work.

The only way I could get into a game was to make my mate on PS5 host the party. Few crashes during missions which wasn't ideal but at least I got to play for a few hours and rank up a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

Started this with two mates and a fourth player joined us randomly. Did the release the ICBM missions. So much fun.

Did that last night with 3 randomers. When we set off the missile we all stood on a little cliff and watched it and saluted as it blew up 🤣

That's call a liberty sunrise

Next war bond pass thing is meant to be out on second Thursday of each month. Now I'd take that as the 14th but seems all on reddit and the official discord are taking it as 7th.

Way people do timesheets it would be as the 7th would be the Thursday of the second week of march.

Does that mean you need to buy it again? I have about 500 Super Credits and was thinking of buying a few to get me to the 1000. But if it is resetting today/next week I won't. I assumed the seasons would be much longer.

• Advertisement

The warbonds/season pass don't go away, if you buy the new one next week or in a years time it's fine and it lets you unlock stuff in them whenever. The current paid warbond will still be there too.

Maybe they'll bundle them eventually so it's not going to list a dozen different paid passes at the same time.

On the free pass how many super credits have you not unlocked yet. You really do get a lot of them in games if you look at points of interest. Look for the vaults and for the buried shipping containers.

Mechs are coming. The planet that has the mech factory has been taken over by the automatons we need to liberate it.

Democracy needs you !!

I do love this approach to a live service where it's got a games master pulling the strings rather than just a random bunch of stuff dropping at X date.

Thanks, I have about 500 bought/found at the moment. I used some to buy an armour before I knew how it all worked.

I had 2 can of Guinness last night and then start playing, the booze made my buy 1000 SC. I am doing everything I can to help Managed Democracy!

Thought the game was glitching a bit when it was telling me I got 0 medals from event but no I didn't get any as I'd max

Max is only 250 if anyone was saving for new warbond.

I think they gave out about 90 over the last few days for the majority orders.

Mechs are unlocked now too. Everyone gets one person mission while the temporary order is in place. But after that you need to unlock at level 25 and 10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hopefully I'll get to tackle this now over the weekend and next week now I've finished TLOU2. Looking forward to it.

Dev looking to patch enemy spawns, they increased them as the defence missions were too easy but now you'll get an endless stream of them where if you can't finish them off really quickly more drop/spawn.

The mech was 20k for me, not sure what level it at as it doesn't show it if you're over it. Mech is really a walking turret not meant to tank rounds from bots, a few rockets them insta kill.

The bug spawns were very off. I was in a game last night and trying to load the artillery. No less than about 200 bugs must have come after us. Had to just run to extract and even the map showed this massive column of red dots chasing us.

Few bug fights I've been in recently have turned into each member of the team running in their own circles with their own personal couple of chargers and dozens of others in tow.

For the artillery it's safer to move all the shells near the gun then start it, patrols spawn near by when you start it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,029 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

loving this game so far.

1 minor gripe i have is having to equip the grenade rather than just hitting r1 to chuck it.

have only made it to challenging level, so another 5 difficulties to go

• Advertisement

I hadn't got the medal rewards for the last Major Order. I just turned on my PS5 to check again and it just came through.

95 medals.

I finally got the Incendiary Breaker, I bought the Warbound the other night in the hopes of getting the medal.

I played last night and ended up in a session with another guy, we did 2 Extreme missions (my first time at that level), got through them but it was very hairy. It was my first time fighting a Bile Titan, and the number of Chargers was unreal.

The incendiary is great for the Bugs as it sets them on fire and has a nice spread. But over all I've found the Premium stuff to be less impressive than the standard warbond unlocks. Which I guess is good to put some of the silly pay to win arguments in their place.

Also annoying that I just unlocked the Rail gun and backpack shield as they nerf them :)

I'm level 18 and grinding to get level 20 so I can get the Railgun and Shield. I know they are nerf'd but still looking forward to trying them out.

I typically don't go for micro-transactions, and I agree that all of the best weapons are available in the free tier. I picked up the Incendiary Breaker a few times when teammates died and I loved it.

Overall I am having a great time playing this game, 26 hours of play for €50 invenstment. Can't really complain about that.

Railgun still good but you've just to use it in unsafe mode, before it did well in safe mode.

Hold reload button and you'll get the extra options and then on PS5 hit the d pad left to cycle options on left and down to cycle options on bottom (not sure about PC), certain weapons let you change the mode or the fire rate or just turn the light on or off. In the game options you can also set it to remember those options as they'll change between games and if you pick up someone else's weapon.

You can charge the shots up you really need to use it in first person as you can see the charge meter, if you charge it too much the gun explodes and probably takes you with it.

I picked up someone elses Railgun the other day and was playing with it. I did exactly what you said so I could keep an eye on the meter. I killed myself within 10 shots by charging it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Enjoying the game but find the performance is quite bad on PC. Bad in the sense that it struggles despite not looking particularly good. I have to run at 1440p medium with some upscaling to get 50-60fps in low-level missions.

Hopefully they'll optimise it better and add DLSS and FSR later to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone have issue like ? When i'm playing. with my friend who ps5 like me no issues . Any time I join my cousins game who on pc kicks me from his ship after about a minute . So annoying .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah I'm on PC and all my mates are on PS5, can launch a mission but probably crash about half of the missions while on the planet. Have to hope evac is not completed by the time I load back in or else lose all the xp and credits.

Pretty annoying tbh, some patches make it better then the next will make it worse again.

Poor launch tbh and should be fixed by now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Piff, sounds like you're not a fan of Democracy!

Post edited by TheValeyard on

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

There's like 1 out of 5 times I take the spear that I'm not disappointed in it. Taking out a cannon tower from across the map or a fabricator is great but usually it doesn't work right.

The lock-on on it is too hard to get to actually lock-on.

Advertisement