Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 40- 6th/7th April 2024 'spoilers'

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Here we go, MC... I mean WWECU

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Solo and the final boss still to come

Black Adam vs Peacemaker

• Registered Users Posts: 31,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That was great - Rock stepping around Roman on the ground without even looking at him.

Never crossed my mind he could appear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Holee fuckin shizzballs long term storytelling mofos!!

That one felt like it stretched credulity alright though… did he choke-slam the Rock out of existence? 😅

Roman ended his in ring career more or less though

Samantha's voice cracking with the announcement the highlight there.

Not sure I like how they handled the ending there though… a bit too weirdly gimicky so close to the finish. Could've done with a few more minutes of Roman and Cody battling each other between the choke slam and the finish.

Great moment for Cody though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mrrandom123

That was very silly... But entertaining 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mrrandom123

Seth to turn heel on RAW?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Felt weirdly rushed given the amount of time left and how many people were involved. Why do the Shield thing without Ambrose and on the Rock?

A great moment though all the same.

The ghosts of Romans past all coming back to haunt him🤣

Cody has ended the story and bout time too

We as fans have really been so lucky to have lived through the title reign of the head of the table Roman Reigns

Poor auld Seth, lost his title in a 10 minute match at the start of the night, before finishing the night with a run-out where he doesn't even get to land a blow.

Roman with a little smile taking the pin there too looking at the replay. Fair **** to him for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

All the same there would be some heat for someone ruining this 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I for a minute thought Dean and Seth were both coming out when I heard

S.H.I.E.L.D

🙈

Same, I thought they have done some deal with AEW. I do feel there was some sort of botch with the camera work

A great wrestlemania with Night 2 shading it for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Seemed off alright, he could well be hurt after last night, his earlier bout that was surprisingly short.

• Advertisement

The night finished about 25 minutes earlier than last night - could've really done with divying a few of those extra minutes up between the Seth V Drew and LA Knight V AJ matches. Or at least the latter, if Seth really was wrecked from last night.

Yeah based on how that match basically was a finisher fest it's definitely a possibility.

Priest will definitely have a short title run maybe losing it as early as Backlash in France. To who I'm not sure. Maybe Judgement Day will do a Evolution 2004

Cody could hold the title for a while, maybe losing it to someone at Mania 41. Isn't Brock from Minasota ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Didn't the Shield kick the **** out of The Rock before? Make sense to lay the seeds of doubt that could be Mox also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

ugh. Stardust

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Michael Cole sounding very emotional there.

I'm not certain the end required half the locker room coming down to celebrate, and I'm slightly confused why LA Knight (YEEAAHH) was there, maybe because he's a top face.

The pointing to Austin over the last while kinda had me, and I do wish it was him I stead of Taker as it would have meant more but I'm good with it overall.

Very happy for Cody though, a guy who went away and upped his game significantly, great storyteller and at only 38 is definitely someone who can be the top guy for a number of years.

Some interesting choices ahead now for how they utilise Cody in this much vaunted 'new era'.

The expected option is to just keep Cody as the squeaky clean workhorse face throughout, a bit like Seth's run, which I fear might lack a bit of dynamism.

The other option, which could be really interesting if they go for it - ride the face aspect as long as they can, but the second it starts to feel stale Cody should start to turn heel, while still maintaining the positive slick politician face appearance. Just starting to overstep, 'for the greater good'. His whole look and character automatically fits that anyway, Homelander style, and it really could become the 'Nightmare Era', where he's ruling over it like a smiling dictator. Could even play the first-lady aspect, giving Brandi some position of authority. Would love to see that sort of angle.

I presume it was the link to Roman screwing most of those guys over throughout the years including Knight in Saudi Arabia. Thought Punk being there was the weirdest one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I took it as Sami, Orton, Knight, KO, Cena and Jey etc., all failed to beat Reigns but ultimately Cody did, he finished his story, so out in the ring to congratulate, celebrate with him

Does Cody end up solely on Smackdown or both shows now as champ?

Orton vs. Cody could be good given their history

Advertisement