Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭BK5

Never have been left up before, it usually goes up on the town's facebook page in early November when they are being fitted and they announce the turning on date also.

They actually are really good quality lights, the street looks brilliant when they're lit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lidl this evening. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Collected an elf from his friend's house last n8ght. One of their neighbours had icicle lights still up and lit. Made me smile😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Not out of season for some but I had a Baileys coffee on a whim and I normally only have them at Christmas! It was delish 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Gavin and Stacey Christmas special (the first one) on TV earlier today.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Walked by this house again yesterday and they still have the tree up. It was during the day, so I'm not sure if they're still turning on the lights. I'll have to do a night time drive by to check!

Spotted in Aldi this evening!

Also walked past a house in Limerick yesterday with two window boxes saying "Merry Christmas"

Was in the local Supervalu this evening and saw a Christmas stand on the end of one of the aisles selling their stock of goose fat that they didn't shift for the roasters

A car passed me earlier with the two antlers and red nose still attached😄

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah I love a good car-deer spotting in the wild

8 out 10 Cats Countdown Christmas Special was on one of the satellite channels last night. Sean Lock was such a great comedian.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Carrot in a box is still one of the funniest thing I've seen

Carrot in a box is one of the best things that's ever been on TV.

Sean was an amazing comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Home Alone on Film4

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Some Christmas bargains in Yankee Candle in Blanch, they are closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Some bargains is right. I hope you stocked up!

I've never had a poinsettia live into March before! 😁

I'm defrosting the freezer today - feels like a very Christmassy job, but I didn't get around to it in early December.

• Advertisement

My local Dunnes were selling off their jars of mincemeat for 75c. They're in date until Sept 2025, so I couldn't resist buying one. Not sure if I'll use or save it until Christmas time!

We use it the odd time with puff pastry & make mincemeat parcels, gorgeous with some Vanilla ice cream.

Hmmm, starting to miss my stollen & mince pies.... may need to get some fruit cake soon to quell those cravings.😀

Mmm, sounds tasty very easy too.

The mincemeat got me in the mood and I've just been looking up fruit cake recipes. I have a few odds and ends of dried fruit leftover from the Christmas baking that I'll use up making an Easter Cake.

Now you have me thinking about simnel cake. Loads of fruit leftovers here too, probably even the marzipan.

My 16yo and his (female!!) friend have booked the kitchen on Saturday to make onigiri (rice sushi type thing). I may have to get there first and get some baking done... cookies or cupcakes maybe. Same 16yo baked me choc chop muffins for mothers day and they were delicious. Has me in the mood for fresh bakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

Saw this runner yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Is there anything worse ( Christmas related) than watching something you recorded at Christmas and you watch it now only to find the ads are full of Christmas cheer!?

Post edited by Smell the glove on

It's not too bad from now on, but I always found it a little sad when it happens early in the new year and memories of Christmas are fresh in the mind.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was in Supermacs at Kinnegad yesterday evening on the drive back from Dublin - everyone's orders were coming out in these Christmas bags 🤣

• Advertisement

Advertisement