Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2024 New cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

It looked ridiculous driving along in commuter traffic on a dry morning with a snorkel on the side and a ladder on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭goochy

i saw one at night in traffic and it looked cool - theres a load of them in a compound in Sandyford ind. est.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭User1998

I can’t see it happening. Knife crime and watch theft never really spread to other parts of the UK, let alone to Ireland. I don’t think Range Rover theft will be a major issue here either.

London is so densely populated with Range Rovers you don’t even have to look for them, they are everywhere. So its easy for thieves for find and steal them. Theres barely any of them here so I doubt it will be much of an issue, and Land Rover are currently doing theft recalls so the issue could be sorted soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I saw the stats yesterday and there’s been three Ineos Grenadiers registered so far this year.

106 Land Rovers, up from 25 last January. I know JLR have all sorts of production problems at the moment so must have been a big backlog of orders waiting to be registered.

• Advertisement

the dealers deserve it , sold hardly any vehicles during covid and they had to invest big money in premises a few years before it . i notice my local JLR dealer has aload of what looks like customer vehicles in their compound as they have done for quite a while .

i wonder are these vehicles waiting for parts as heard theres loads of vehicles off the road waiting for parts - assume its the same here in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

"Imagine a world full of SUV's, it's getting like that now, is it because a lot of people buying cars in general are boring, easily pleased, easily impressed and don't care enough and just do what the dealer offers."

I think it is because most Irish car buyers are a Conservative lot unfortunately and afraid to have something different. That is why it took so long for the Koreans to eventually do well here and why the Chinese makes are slower about coming here that and our small car market too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yes i think it shows we are not natural ' car people ' , people buy for fashion statement - the amount of people i hear calling Dusters and Quasqui ' jeeps ' says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I’d say Jaguar are fairly fcuked as a marque. Selling nothing and very little to offer apart from a few reworked land rovers.

Maybe one of the Chinese will buy it like with MG. Key to their success though has been the affordability

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw my first 241s a Merc GLC and a BMW i5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

SUVs outsell everything else across Europe and further a field these days so it's not Ireland being conservative. The Koreans offer the same, the Tucson is the best selling vehicle here for a few years so hardly daring designs that's warming Irish hearts.

The likes of Hyundai just go after market share through pricing, promotions, stock availability, etc. The Chinese brands have more obstacles in Europe with the EU trying to protect their own car industry. Once the door opens then the Chinese will do what they do with every market they enter, they will flood it with cheaper offerings similar to what they do with android phones rather than desirable daring designs. People buy different things for all sorts of reasons and may not be for the so obvious reasons, cars included.

was watching a programme about an E type being restored , so sad how the Jaguar name means nothing now . With Rolls and Bentley doing so well its a surprise that Jaguar couldnt be a poor mans version of both in present times .

Even when they build decent cars like the I pace and XJ they didnt sell great . the E pace was way off the mark and could have been a great success for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

I didn't realise the Jimny was still on sale, looks very good I have to say.

There is a 5 door version available overseas but as its commercial vehicle only in Europe not much point to it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Emissions regs- only passes a commercial. Perfect little vehicle if you do little driving, need a bit of carry space and live in a rural area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭zg3409

Not my pic

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Luna84

It's nice looking house alright.

pity they didnt / couldnt get the ' 911 ' reg. no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭zg3409

If you reserve 911 you need to wait until 910 is issued before they will issue your number but I suspect it's typically booked well in advance

Saw a brand new E63s final edition for sale online 270k is nuts when an RS6 is just over 200k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Mercedes couldn’t be more overpriced in Ireland! I’m amazed they sell any new cars at all, especially with the price gouging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I picked up my white Fiesta Titanium X today. I will try putting a photo up. The registration isn't far off the 4,000 mark. However, I was surprised to see a brand new Focus at the dealer, which was 58**, so the registrations must be near to or past the 6,000 mark in Dublin at this stage.

It will take me a while to get used to the new motor, as I had my 2009 Fiesta for just shy of eight years. What a great car it was. I will miss it. I'm sure I will do well with the new car too. I haven't taken it for a long run yet, but it feels nice to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Pics of a 241 S63 doing the rounds on instagram today.

On Michael Moore athlones Fb page. A beast - unusual to have a limo that has supercar performance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

That GT3RS seems to be on every Irish car insta page over past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Yep can only be bought as a commercial now. Had one traded into where i work last week, a 231 with 12,000 kms on the clock for a new one! The trade in was working on a farm by the looks of it.. Ideal for the semi retired farmer who still wants a little run around and tip across the fields when needed.

Just saw it on the Facebook page at least 300k id say Mercedes have been making tuned up s class for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

I don't know why Suzuki wouldn't just put the 1.4t engine from the Vitara in it. Great engine and would be perfect for the Jimny

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

So many Konas.

The 2nd hand car market in ten years will be 95% Konas needing a battery replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Luckily any that actually needed a battery replacement already had it done under warranty.

Advertisement