Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2024 New cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The even more sickening thing is safety features are subject to vrt too. If ever proof were needed that this useless government and all successive ones talk out of their collective holes when it comes to road safety. Nothing more than another Revenue Stream to waste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Saw one yesterday.

Could have been a kia/hyundai/nissan. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Saw a couple around Galway today, a white Tuscon (zzz), Merc CLA and VW Amaroc on MH plates

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Leatra

My first sighting of the year looked to be a nice grey/silver A4 estate. The rest will be samey SUVs but at least it's off to a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Seeing a lot of new vans around which is a good sign of the economy I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Hilux sr5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ofcork

Havent seen any in cork yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

241 full fat Range Rover, very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

bad time to buy one, prices falling in UK due to people unable to insure them. Value will drop a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭User1998

Insuring a Range Rover isn’t an issue in Ireland. And the car will loose 50% of its value in the next 3 years anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭goochy

Range Rover still the best prestige vehicle around for holding its value well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

They used to lose up to 75% of their value in the U.K. over a 4 year period so that’s an improvement!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,329 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Saw a full fat Range Rover in Navan over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭John arse

Are they still running after 4 years?🧰🔧🔨

you can laugh , but look at what 2017 models are going for - they are 7 years old now and when new they were probably about €130k for a VOGUE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Both. RR and RRS are completely new models, the first trade ins will only start to hit the market in 2026, and will be in demand. Even the previous model, 2021 is selling for near €100k. As a previous poster said, they are one of the better high end cars to hold their value.

They aren’t completely new. Dealers have been importing new models from the UK for the past 2 years and will continue to do so, we don’t have to wait until 2026 for used examples to start appearing. Prices will fall in the UK and Ireland will follow.

Anyway my point was that now isn’t a bad time to buy a Range Rover, that the insurance issue isn’t effecting Ireland, and that all new cars depreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The one I got for that was still running fine up to 15 years. Uneconomical to refit some suspension bushings but I understand it is still in use off road. Another similar price was an F02 750Li which was 23% of initial cost after 3 years and less than 70,000 miles. That’s still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Saw a 241 Arteon Shooting Brake. Might be the first one I've seen of them

the cars being imported from uk are going for same price as new if not more as they are an in demand car , Tom Hartley sold his 1st new model Range rover to ireland.

• Advertisement

Behave. LR launched the new RR/RRS in 22/23, they most certainly are both very different from previous models.

Buyers have been buying new imports at a premium here over the last year, but the delivery of orders to Irish dealers has been very slow due to well known supply chain issues, and demand. As you can see from current second hand prices, this is a niche market and those that want them, will pay for the few available, particularly when the new versions start to be traded in after 3 years. You can see how strong prices are, even for a 3 yr old previous gen RR.

I didn’t say they aren’t different, I said they aren’t completely new. They are 2 years old now. Ireland just didn’t get any new models allocated, they all went to the UK.

Again, I was simply stating that now isn’t a bad time to buy a Range Rover, that the insurance issue isn’t effecting Ireland, and that all new cars depreciate. I’m not getting into a debate about how much they will depreciate as neither of us have a crystal ball.

But you just posted that they will loose 50% of their value in 3 yrs.

you may be able to say LR's and RR's are not the last word in reliability but one thing is for sure they hold their value and there is plenty of demand for them . However prices are coming way down as they were way over valued due to lack of availability of new models until now .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Hardly off to a good start if your first sighting of the year is some boring Audi estate zzzzzzz.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

A 241-C Kia EV9 slowly drove past me in Cork city centre on Sat afternoon, it sure is a big bus!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Puma is out ahead again sales wise in 2024 in the UK.

It's expensive enough here, but then again all new cars are. A relative is picking up a new one tomorrow - An ST Line automatic, in metallic black with a couple of extras. It's c.€37,000 before a few deductions!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Not many of the new model astra out there. Are they not selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well I seen nome for first 8 days then 3 together, I suppose everyone back to work today.

The first was a Suzuki S- cross(black or navy) I think it was. I noticed it due to bad driving! Driver was all over the shop I was like what is this one at, then I gave her benefit of doubt as probably only collected it but jaysus I hope the driving improves.

The second one was a Skoda saloon(light grey) think it was an Octavia.

The third one was a fancy Mercedes and I think the driver could have even been a chauffeur😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Luna84

Probably had her eyes on the screen. It's mad no looking at a mobile phone but it's ok to look at a tablet stuck to the dash.

Advertisement