Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Range rover evoque diesel

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

The timing chain issue is big one on these engines. I seen a mechanic calling them a piece of .... A client of mine had hers go on a Jag XE. Eventually Jaguar agreed to pay for it. It took about 6-8 weeks for them to fix it as parts were of back order. When she went to get some personal items from the car it was in the back yard with at least another 20 vehicles all with timing chain issues.

LR make beautiful vehicles but the reliability is horrendous. I have had good and bad ones. I was lucky to have a LR warranty and a non LR warranty that paid out. I think the repair costs on my Sport was 11k in less than 3 years. I only paid €165 out of my pocket. The 3.0 diesel engine has crankshaft issues and is well known to go at any stage resulting in a new engine which LR wont cover outside warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Iwantone

I’ve seen reports of Evoque 2.0d owners changing their oil every 8000 miles and still losing their engine. I also spoke to an independent LR service centre who told me to off the record get rid of it at the first opportunity. The car looks and drives well btw.

Here’s a solicitor in the UK offering advice to LR owners

https://stormcatcher.co.uk/resources/driving-style-a-jaguar-land-rover-defence/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Is the 2.2d much better?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Iwantone

The 2.2 is a Peugeot / Citroen power plant, it’s a far more reliable engine. Not as smooth and only in the earlier models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

Yeah had that engine In a Peugeot 4007(mitsubishi outlander), great Torquey engine .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Friend of mine had a 3 year old Vogue up to last year, stunning car but reliability is shocking. Injectors replaced and engine replaced inside 80k all under warranty, 4 major repairs. Never ever again he said

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I would suggest the fact your asking is enough to confirm your doubts....

That's your guts telling you not to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Work colleague in England today was telling me over the phone his Land Rover Discovery Sport (2.2 diesel I think he said), car is only late 2018 reg been in the garage since end October and the garage rang having assessed it it’s a write off- he’s lucky as it’s a company car so no big deal for him but Jesus if you had bought and ran that privately wha a costly disaster that would be.

Advertisement