Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Range rover evoque diesel

Options
  • 24-12-2023 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

Year 2016, are they really that bad and what to watch out for

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭User1998

2 litre is worse than the 2.2

2.2 is still quite bad tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭kincaid

So even if well serviced they're awful bad

Not necessarily no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Right now thry are very steal-able and difficult to insure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Work mate had 2016 2WD version, no issues with it.

Upgraded to 2020 4WD higher spec model & had was in for warranty work 3 times for the differential issues.

Got rid of it after that 3rd attempted repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭goochy

They are possibly the most desirable used car you can buy . They were a great idea. Have the looks, interior , badge smd image of the ff range rover for a lot less money . New ones mad money and not as desirable as original models

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The new Defender 110/130 is much nicer.

130 is as ugly as hell , the hybrid 110 is a decent buy for the money

That's the full fat range rover anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I have 2017 2wd. Never a bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭AUDI20

"They are possibly the most desirable used car you can buy" think that might be overstating it a little😂

Well they are very in demand

Range Rover theft isn’t a big issue here like it is in London.

RR £20k to insure in London, costs €700 here. No problem at all insuring them.

Post edited by Dav010 on

Well the JLR security update is only going back to 2018 cars. So a 2016, probably need to install additional immobiliser.

Insurance companies aren't dumb and most are international. High premiums not just a London thing, affecting most of England. Be unusual if it doesn't affect here in the future.

Antidotally know of 4 stolen in last 2 years (RR and Disco). But probably head of as many Landcruisers. So hardly an epidemic

I haven’t seen any reports of increased insurance outside of London. The majority of thefts are happening in London because there could easily be 20 Range Rovers parked on a single street.

Just because a certain area in a certain country has lots of thefts doesn’t mean insurance will rise for everyone outside of those areas. Thats why you need to provide your address and main area of use so you can be given an accurate quote. Eg. Car thefts in Finglas does not lead to an increase for customers in Blackrock

Land rover now offering insurance fir customers even. Would imagine vehicles must have increased security. Fact there is a land rover parts shortage is part of problem

• Advertisement

Far as I know premiums are up all over England.

Have a couple mates in Midlands with 2k premium.

First thread on pistonhead search. One lad fine, several with issues.

JLR ballsed up with their security and only rectified last year

This isn’t the UK, there is no theft on the level there is in the UK, there is no problem whatsoever in insuring LRs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭kincaid

So if buying one which one should we go for

In terms of reliability, a 2.2 or 3 litre would be best. But just be prepared to keep a couple of thousand in an emergency fund each year for possible repairs and maintenance

And on a side note I would seriously consider other options. Something like a Lexus NX will be much nicer to drive, so much more reliable, and just as luxurious inside.

3 litre evoque ???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Don't buy any Land Rover product, ever.

Jaguar Land Rover, for the last few decades, make truly the most unreliable passenger cars, especially given the price point.

I've heard endless horror stories about models and engines right across their range, and the Evoque is no exception this.

A neighbour of mine didn't take my advice on this and early in 2022, took delivery of a new Evoque, in white, with all the bells and whistles. To cut a long story short, it ended in April with a rejected car and a deal cut with Spirit Motor Group, who have both franchises, to replace the car with a Volvo model, on similar financial terms.

Walk. Away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

The most desirable used car- that keeps breaking down maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Frankie19

I have a 212 R dynamic p300e and the only issue i have ever had was the foot rest broke. Replaced under warranty during a service. I was skeptical buying a RR but I have been very happy with them. Before the Evoque I had a Discovery Sport with no issues either.I had more issues with the VW Tiguan which I traded in after 1.5yrs for the Discovery.

Just to point out as well ....no issue with getting insurance. Fully comp with no claims protection for €750.

For what it's worth I deal with the Joe Duffy guys in Swords. Can't reccomend them enough, even got a call from them last week wishing me a happy Christmas!

Advertisement