Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URC Round 8: Munster vs. Leinster - 26/12/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinsters half backs really struggling today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Such a frustrating game. Leinster completely dominating the game but just can't score. It's set up for Munster to snatch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Even if Munster win it’s a completely unsustainable result with how they’ve been playing.

Absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Mcgrath has been very poor

Coombes cleared out and the referee let's him take a second bite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭A-Train

Another farce of a call, lying all over bodies again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Munster player blocking the clear out there

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭mun1

Considering the lineups and injuries mid game, munster aren’t lying down here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Luke McGrath has been poor. Shirks responsibility too often and seems unsure of himself, which is a fatal flaw for a scrum half.

Harry Byrne the same.

Baird has been very good since coming on.

Three lineout steals in the last few minutes.

• Advertisement

What responsibility has he been shirking exactly? I don't think he's played well but I'm not seeing lack of effort or anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

McGrath never shirks responsibility. If anything, he tries to take on too much himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Line out alone means munster deserve to lose this. F**king heartbreaking it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's an odd call.

What's Brace actually doing there? Whistle to his mouth then decides just not to award a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Baird has been absolutely excellent since coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭CptMonkey

Nonsense call by the ref

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Agree totally Lenihan never shuts up and all Leinster talk and so predictable about everything he says over and over again, RTE need a total change and new blood who can commentary about the game.

• Advertisement

Penalty was coming, I think. Leinster were grinding away at the gain line and edging forwards all the time.

The yellow was just silly from Loughman. No need to stick an arm out to block the pass.

It didn't look that clear to me I have to say, but the ref called onside twice and Munster didn't pay any heed to it, so you sort of get what you deserve in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I would have gone for another scrum there. Force a penalty try, deny Munster the LBP.

McCarthy excellent again. Baird has a great cameo, superb in the lineout. Wishing Edogbo a speedy recovery.

That was a game very low on skill and execution. Conditions were appalling so the match was never going to be that sort of running game.

Very pleased with our dominance in defence and up front. Munster never got the go forward to do any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭A-Train

Leinster the better team tonight in all areas of the game. Big Joe deserved motm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Justifiable MOTM for McCarthy. And Baird excellent cameo.

Just a couple more reasons to back up the hypothesis that Snyman is a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭bingobango12

Awful conditions made it impossible to play rugby. Leinster far more physical which won them the game.

Referee made some bizarre calls. Not really in favour of either team more than the other but some dreadful decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Not sure which is more frustrating, watching a scrappy game in those conditions, or leafing through page after page of people whinging about the ref.

McCarthy had a very good performance tonight, clear MOTM.

Crowley with a mixed bag, arguably his best spell was the 10 minutes at 9. He'll rue screwing up that clock count and missing the kick that cost us the draw.

That said, LBP in a tight scrap, given the teams and injuries, something I wouldn't have been too devastated with before the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

How bloody poorly do Leinster rate Ben Murphy for McGrath to finish out that match?!

Horrendous conditions that killed any chance of good rugby. Leinster I feel were clearly the better team but munster contributed to making it a dogs dinner of a match.

Was very pleased with leinster's defensive form. Sod all else to take from that though.

• Advertisement

Conditions were a great leveller there but thought Leinster were the better team by a distance. Completely dominated up front and in defence, pleased with the win and doing the double over Munster. They were probably a bit thrown off by a ref who actually penalised them TBF.

Hope Edogbo is ok, you really hate to see that.

Advertisement