Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,876 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Fantastic video from Bambie! 🙂

Shame that they edited out the part where Marty Whelan gets thrown into a ‘Wicker Man’ - type structure though. Time restrictions and all that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm not sure if that video is doing our chances any favours...

The 'dark' bits, fair enough, what you'd expect, but the 'sheep' bits, they just don't seem to fit right for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Oh it's edgy and will appeal I'm sure. The sheep bits are for contrast I guess - light and dark, love & hate, yin & yang.

I get that, but surely they could have done it a bit better...

Almost looks Father Ted-esqe......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭LordBasil

Bambie said the video was more light hearted and family friendly due to hearing so many kids liked the song. Originally the video was going to be darker in line with Bambie's other music videos.

I like the video, it's very 'Carry on Screaming' but I hope the staging at Eurovision is more gothic horror though.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Libertine07

The video is brilliant and it seems to be getting a really good reaction. I like that there's a bit of light and comedy in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I love it she's so talented. I still can't get over how bad the rte sound was.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That's rich was fine...it felt like a borderline qualifier. We have sent worse. She had a song after called Tongues which was much better and I think would have done a lot better in Eurovision.

Totally agree on playing with numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's very artistic and it's great that there's some humorous moments in it - the ending is quite clever too in that it shows Bambie's softer side.

• Advertisement

Have given it 2 more watches and it's growing on me...

my initial reaction was probably because I was expecting something totally different, but as was posted above, has to be more child friendly (my 9yo loved it).

Some very encouraging comments too under the video, which is already up to 36k views...

I still genuinely believe we have a chance this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭corkie

For anyone boycotting the ESC channel over Israel?

Bambie has put the video up on there own.

It has a long list of credits on the end segment.

Reaction videos or out as well. This and This.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I write and play a lot of music. I think the strong love for this song is how it keeps changing speed beats type of song type etc.

It's a bit mad that there is at least 5 or 6 jaunres.

The video is epic from one minute Marlon Manson next to a very like Gwen Stefani video vibe back to dark holloween and then cutsey fuzzy warm ending.

The subtle sense of humor is also very apt. Christ this band have me actually watching the euro vision for the first time in 20 years id say

Family friendly?? Jaysus, Lord knows what your kids must be watching if think that's light hearted and luvvy duvvy family friendly. Roger Rabbit it's not.

Very decent live vocals on this I thought.

Who framed Roger Rabbit has some pretty intense stuff for kids though ...isn't there a bit with cartoon characters being thrown into barrels of acid and melted for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭corkie

Mixture of paint cleaners know as 'The Dip'.

Remember how we always thought there wasn't a way to kill a toon? Well, Doom found a way: turpentine, acetone, benzene. He calls it the Dip!

Only three characters die from the Dip in the film: the Toon Shoe, Smarty, and Judge Doom. Benny the Cab comes into contact with it, but survives (his tires end up blowing out, though).

That is sure one weird memory you have of the film? :-)

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Let’s be honest boardsies, there’s only one scene we remember from ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit?’… 😮

Does that not sound pretty similar to what I said? (In fairness I haven't seen it in about 20 years).

My point is that film isn't completely "light hearted and luvvy duvvy family friendly" from what I remember.

Anyway...off topic :)

Best of luck to Bambie Thug I think the video is a lot of fun, very decent chance we can make the final even in a very difficult semi final imo.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Greece was unveiled last night but forgot to post on the thread

There's too much going on here I think, but potential for good staging.

• Advertisement

Linda Martin damning Bambie with faint praise on Brendan O’Connor’s show just now.

”She’s been given a platform. She should get on that platform, then move off.”

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

She was insisting a few months ago that Brendan Graham should write another ballad for Ireland "as that's what we do best" (!)

On the other hand, Johnny Logan has come out with a strong show of support for Bambie and Doomsday Blue and says he really likes the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭supereurope

Shut up Linda. Seriously, shut up.

She won Eurovision 32 years ago, and no one is ever going to take that away from her. But she has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE about modern-day Eurovision. When she won, there was no televoting, no semi-finals, no former Eastern Bloc states, no free language choice. Real-world music has changed since 1992, and so has Eurovision.

Linda supported Next in Line in this year's Eurosong, a song that would have been forgotten about immediately after the show even if it had won. Knowing now how strong semi 1 is, they very likely would have been battling Iceland for last place in the semi.

Just watched the Bambie Thug video and it's absolutely fantastic. Great work by all involved.

193,000 views in a day is incredible going by any standard. #37 on trending

It’s comments like that from Linda that make me want us to win it so so so so much more………

She’d probably still manage to ruin it though and try and turn us back to ‘safe bets’…. Let’s say we finish 5th (not beyond the realms of possibility).. she’d be like “We’re Back!!” “So now let’s send a ballad or a Louis’s boys act…..”, completely missing the point that we did well because we sent something ‘different’ that wasn’t that other sh1te..

(I’m sorry but she infuriates me)

I know, me too. Why is still being asked for her opinion? She hasn't a clue.

If Bambie does poorly and fails to qualify, Linda will be all over the media gloating "We should have sent Next in Line." And if Bambie does great, she'll be saying "Well, we experimented this year, but now it's time to send a ballad again."

Last weekend of national selections! Portugal and Sweden to hold theirs tonight. While we still have to hear songs from a few countries yet, we're almost there.

It's funny reading comments from other nationalities saying "Vote for Bambie Thug so stale old boring Ireland never returns."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Could be like Sam Ryder, a rare good entry before going back to safe middle of the road stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

No surprise in Sweden tonight

It's as slick as we've come to expect from Sweden, but I don't think the song is all that. The juries will likely rank it in their top 3 though, and should be a comfortable televote top 10 so probably top 5 overall.

Advertisement