Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda unfair Fine

Options
  • 11-12-2023 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Hi

My boyfriend is on a Prov Irish Licence, yesterday he was parked along the coast road waiting on me to finish a hair appointment. The car was off and he was pulled in and parked. His back wheels were slighlty in a disabled parking spot and he didnt know as he didnt get out of the car. A guard spotted him and asked if he had a permit to park there and he said no sorry he hadnt noticed he was in the spot and could move up a bit and he wouldnt be in it. The guard asked for his licence and when he seen he is on a provisional has now issued a fine for driving unaccompanied even though the car was parked and off and he was sitting in the car waiting on me.. I came back 10 mins later and showed the guard my licence but he still issued the fine? Is this allowed he was parked and waiting on me to come back should we appeal it?

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement