Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Not sure id read that into the comments. Pep is a lying **** at the best of times. Back could mean back from the shops with Pep

Dec 12: 'He'll be back, I think, Thursday. We'll see how he feels. I don't know [if he will play on Saturday] right now. Next press conference, I could be more precise about his conditions.'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Fwiw, I don't think he plays this gw or the sf(maybe minutes).

If he plays, it will be the final, then blanks.

I'll be transferring him out for Watkins after Villa game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I seen it on Toni’s but it was as a reply.

Does that mean it was faked ?

sorry if that’s the case.

I’ll find it again now and link.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Sorry lads if I did jump the gun and didn’t understand a ‘joke’ on Twitter.

There was definitely 2-3 posts that quoted Toni saying Haaland would be back. One had Toni showing Haaland celebrating his previous hat trick against Palace.

And now Twitter is full of some airport BS.

I block people more than anything on Twitter. Some geezer once showed a frozen pitch on one of the hottest days of the year so I blocked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

In fairness, Haaland did post this himself. Certainly doesn't look like Manchester!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Again, twitter is full of ****. But someone tracked the plane and he's on route back it Manchester supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have a lot of injuries and suspensions,is Anthony Gordon likely to be fit for this GW?……..need him, Mikolenko and Martinelli fit to have 11.All down at 75% chance of playing.Used my transfer to move Haaland out.

Any thoughts on them appreciated.

Either way I think he'll be going for Darwin for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Lamptey to Porro done. Just waiiting on Haaland news now to decide if I should take a hit for Haaland to Solanke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do you have any subs? if so, you need Solanke to score c6 points this GW to breakeven - just a thought if worth taking the hit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any news on Areola? Seen he was on the bench last night for West Ham. Any thoughts whether he'll start the weekend or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mobydopy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Lads hold fire for now until we get some info on Haaland and Gordon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

If Haaland is indeed out which seems quite likely, I'm looking at Watkins or Solanke this week.

Currently have Darwin, Haaland and Archer and don't fancy starting Archer away to Chelsea. He may even come in for Gordon should he not start.

GW17 plan - Haaland out for either Watkins/Solanke.

GW18 plan - Nunez out - Watkins/Solanke in.

Currently leaning on Solanke in this week, Watkins next week due to Villa's away form not as strong as their home form.

I'm going to have to go -4 I think. Probably need to get rid of Trippier for a few weeks and obviously have that Haaland issue like everyone.

I'll go EH to Solanke

Tripper to Pau.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

I think even if Haaland is injured I’ll try hold on to him. Otherwise it means basically my next 6 weeks will be concerned with selling him, Salah, Son and then trying to get them all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Did Guehi to Porro yesterday and still have another free. I really want to get rid of Alvarez and Darwin, but it's hard to do this week with the fixtures they both have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pep: "He confirmed that Erling Haaland returned from treatment today and the doctors will assess the striker, but said he does not think the Norway striker will play at the weekend."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Did you buy him for 14mn? He hasn't gone down in price, and won't go up in price, so it's a no brainer (for me anyway) to get rid for a playing striker and take him back when he's playing again.

You'll probably use your bench a lot over the festive season as players will be rotated and there not much point having a confirmed non player on your bench.

Just remember to keep 14mn to get him back!

• Advertisement

Done Halaand to Solanke for starters. Mulling over getting rid of Douglas Luiz or Trippier for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

While it's a no brainer, it's kinda of a waste of two transfers (at least!). if you have other fires in your squad, it may be more sense to work on them.

Most people will end up using the excess funds and have issues in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I might be down to 9 if Gordon is out. Haaland to Watkins for definite and maybe Taylor to Porro for a hit. Could sell Trippier but fancy keeping him now after they got knocked out of Europe.

But you're accessing 14% of your budget for that period that otherwise would be sitting idle

I don't think Gordon will be out, I definitely don't see the point of benching him, if he doesn't start with a hamstring injury hes almost certainly not going to come on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah I'm going to start him alright but will have no subs in case he doesn't start or someone else misses out.

I have to pick between Raya / Dubvranka and then Gabriel / Livramento.

I was on the Raya / Livramento combo until today. Spread the players, spread the pain / gain. Brighton have scored in every game this year iirc so that was leading me away from the double up of Arsenal defence, but the tiredness & injury issues at Newcastle has led me away from starting 1 of them, let alone both. Arsenal seem to be playing well defensively, but are conceding, whereas Newcastle don't seem to be doing either, especially late on in games.

Am I right to go double Arsenal (again!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

James > Porro worth a -4? If Gordon is out I wont field 11 as it stands

Went Lamptey to porro for -4.

Halaand to solanke

Leno

Tsimikas

Tarkowski

Poro

Saliba

Gordon

Son

Palmer

Salah vc

Solanke c

Cunha

Who to captain? Solanke or salah

• Advertisement

James is getting you a total of 0 points for the next 10-15 GWs.

Any playing DEF is worth a -4. A start and the hit is halved.

Advertisement