Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 transfer thread

Options
  • 09-12-2023 3:51pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Nunez out, 0.1m short for Watkins.

Isak maybe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Will see how Chelsea play tomorrow and might upgrade Al-Dakhil to James

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have to get rid of Cash being meaning to do it for weeks but have bigger fires before I lose any more cash on him

Porro perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm looking at Pau Torres, goal threat and their fixtures are turning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Only the 1 FT this week.

Played with 10 this week as I've Areola injured and Strakosha not playing.

Thinking of getting rid of Areola - bringing in Neto at 4.5 (LUT, nfo, FUL) or Martinez as Villa's fixtures turn good (bre, SHU, mun) although he's a bit pricey at 5.0. Not interested in Dubravka.

Haaland out I might do too depending on the news - wanted Watkins back for GW18 so might go a week early. Solanke could be a shout too, nice differential.

My question is then, is a -4 worth it this week?

Haaland, Areola out. Watkins, Martinez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

Only 1 FT as well. Probably not the worst week to take a -4 considering all the injuries/suspensions. I'd imagine there'll be a few hits this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Haaland out for...

Raúl?

Most in-form and Fulham are tearing it up at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Andersen of Crystal Palace is not keeping clean sheets and is about to drop in price so swapping him out for Senesi of Bournemouth with my one free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Haaland to Watkins probably. Bench will be Tripper, Taylor, Mubama. Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

< audible sigh >

Reece James > Anyone with hamstrings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Johnstone to Neto or Turner to Dubravka, 2FT and happy enough with my outfield players

• Advertisement

may just leave Haaland in the first 11, no striker really that appealing and who knows when he may make a shock reappearance, nearly a waste of two transfers selling/buying again if only out for a few GW's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Haaland to Watkins, can't see him being risked/fit this week with world cup the following week.

Already have 2 suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

1FT Mbuemo > Bowen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Any clarity on EBH yet? The obvious one to bring in now is Solanke I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Agreed, with the blank for Haaland I'll get Solanke for a few weeks

The only thing I've seen is Pep saying he won't be ready for Palace, but they're aiming to have him in Saudi for that game (19th Dec).

As he was 14mn when I bought him and 14mn when I sold him, I saw no reason to keep him in the squad. Not like he'll increase in price when he's fit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I actually fancy Solanke to do some serious damage in his next 3 games or so. Definitely a decision to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think it's time to upgrade my defenders. Over a few weeks gonna replace Digne / Tsimikas / Zinch with Senesi / Trippier / Porro

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

What’s the sudden draw towards Senesi I’m seeing? Just their nice fixtures?

Think I’d be avoiding Trippier now. He and Newcastle have looked poor lately and Dubravka is a massive step down from Pope. Don’t think he’s worth the 7.0 anymore despite their nice fixtures.

Porro looks a great option.

Second in form player, and a huge differential with only 1.5% owning him at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

• Registered Users Posts: 37,525 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've still got my wildcard and I think it's time to use it with the Haaland situation.

I have Nunez as well and need to sort out my goalkeeping situation.

So this is my team and my planned transfers. I'll have the option to reset in the New Year when Haaland is back to full fitness. I honestly don't see him playing before January. Even if he plays in the World Club cup his injury is the type that needs nursing for a while. I'm basically only looking at the next five games with this new team.

Any thoughts and suggestions are very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

First comment is to keep an eye on price changes and act accordingly.

They are a serious amount of changes happening. No idea why you’d keep a palace defender currently and Andersen is due to drop in price tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Final comment. I’d be leaving enough money in the bank to go from one of my strikers to Haaland in one move. Two moves maximum. So maybe Trent to a 4.0m and a striker to Haaland when the time comes.

The only defender I’d spend decent money on is Trippier.

Don’t fall into the trap of thinking you need to spend all your money and spread it around. You don’t have to do either.

Maybe pick a formation and have 2 decent defenders (sub 4.5m) on the bench to sub in. So buy players with a 343 or 352 in mind. Why have Adingra in that case ?

Anyway, fair play for still having a WC as I’d love one with all that’s going on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Trippier has been absolutely awful in the last couple of games so his confidence may be shot. Would be wary of purchasing him for such an expensive price unless Newcastle manage to turn their form around.

I wouldn't have Alverez in. They have no game in GW 18. I'm going with Raul from Fulham because of form and upcoming fixtures

if your WC, you should be brining in 1 or 2 wolves attackers - their form is ridiculous for the price they are,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

@eagle eye @F1ngers I must be the only one of thinking of going the opposite way, Haaland -> Darwin. Like EE I have the WC left so getting rid of Haaland is a no-brainer. The plan was to move him to Isak for GW18 but Newcastle have been poor away from home, Wilson is back and they look cooked. I can't see the upside in Isak at all.

Solanke is playing great in a team thats playing great, he's been very unlucky not to have more the last four GWs, this is him compared to Haaland for those four GWs

For comparison this is Watkins v Haaland for the same four GWs.

I have Watkins and plan on benching him this week, its GW18 you really want him for.

I'm hoping Liverpool are going to do a number on United, 4-0, 5-0, thats why I'm going back to Darwin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have Darwin and Solanke, plan was originally Darwin to Watkins(needed a -4) and bench EBH for GW18.

With EBH out for a short while, I'll bring in Watkins, no hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had a think overnight and reckon I'll ditch Haaland now, he's likely to miss this week and then a blank.

Isak has 3 nice fixtures (FUL, lut, FOR) so gonna pick him up, he'll likely be rested for one of those but that's life.

Then at GW20 I'll drop Salah (for AFCON) to get Haaland back in for Sheff Utd H on 30th Dec.

Probably GW24 before I need Salah back

Advertisement