Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Have you looked at Solanke instead? Far better form, equally nice fixtures and guaranteed more or less to play all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'd be wary about Isak with Wilson back, especially if he starts in CL tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,522 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thanks for all the advice guys.

This is what I currently have....

I don't like Darwin,he hasn't been doing it and I feel there's a risk of rotation with him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The most obv question who are you going to bench from your top 8 next GW and week after?

I love it being difficult rather than easy.

TAA, Salah, Son, Saka and Watkins are auto starts.

After that it'll be tough. I'll probably look at the average ppg and home/away record and pick that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

On a Wildcard too.

Currently on this but will be moving based on price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Well balanced but likely to leave plenty of points on the bench some GWs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ya I wouldn't have Nunez in a team now, especially on a WC. The big run of fixtures from 9-16 is over now and a few tricky games coming up. He didn't hit the points expected in that run, his form has turned since the Man City game. He was very dangerous from Everton in 9 to Brentford in 12 and a small bit unlucky to have a few goals ruled out in that run.

That said, as an owner, it's worth holding for Man Utd & Burnley games. And then re-evaluate to see what you're doing with Liverpool attack when Salah goes to AFCON and whether Jota is back / who moves to RW in his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I would disagree,I think long term hes a great pick, especially with Salah gone we are likely to see him become more selfish. Bar Arsenal away the rest of the difficult ones are at home

Looks like Maguire has pulled his groin or something - just stopped and kicked ball out of play this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yep, he knew straight away. More mid week injury's mounting up already to add to the pile of flags we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Have him too but was never starting him this weekend anyway so can leave it until next week to see if he recovers.

Sounds like Shaw has pulled his hamstring now

3 of my defenders are suspended, along with cheap mid, so with Haaland injured, i may just play with 10 as CS are so hard to come by this season

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭FantasyFool

Is Nicholas Jackson a reasonable replacement for a few weeks for EBH? Good fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had a think and went with Solanke, now to resist the tempation to take a -4 to spend that 9m sitting in my bank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Going EH to Solanke myself. Seems the obvious one. I can see EH being out for 3 games or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Pep did say that Haaland would be back training Thursday. But what level training / is this some mind games, I'm not sure.

I've already transferred him out from earlier in the week as it is. Solanke was my port of call. Form, fixtures and (hopefully) fun!

I’d say chance he be on bench for palace game in case they need him - not as if they are sitting top of table.

No chance he's on the bench for the Palace game.

I doubt he'll play in the club World Cup either. There's rumours now that they are concerned it'll worsen and that Guardiola has been given the all clear to buy a striker in January if he feels he needs one.

That'd be a disaster because you could see him resting Haaland between Champions league games.

The smart move is get rid of him now. His price is sure to drop over the next couple of weeks between the injury and the blank gameweek.

If he plays the first game after Christmas then buy him back.

My plan is to have two free transfers and I'll have him back in without any loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Another WC here - would appreciate any feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone thinking of throwing the armband on Haaland this weekend? 😉

The ultimate high risk/reward flex

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Looks very good on paper but it might be a bit of a selection headache. You have 5 what could be considered "premium" midfielders, and in form strikers so you'll probably play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 so dropping one premium midfielder & one striker. Personally I would downgrade one defender to a cheapie, it'll make selection slightly easier and perhaps upgrade one of the premium defenders by another 0.5m and dip into the 2.2 in the bank. First choice defenders are probably Pedro Porro TAA and Gabriel, but Villa are in form and Chelsea have decent fixtures so you can see how the selection headaches may be.

Fixtures for the defenders:

ARS vs AVL BHA liv WHU ful CRY

AVL vs ARS bre SHU mun BUR eve

CHE vs eve SHU wol CRY lut FUL

LIV vs cry MUN ARS bur NEW bou

TOT vs NEW nfo EVE BHA BOU mun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Did consider it briefly but thinking Salah at home against Man. Utd. in their current form is the way I will go. Still going to leave Haaland in the starting 11 as even as a sub he could come on and get a goal against Crystal Palace with the way they have been defending recently. I should have Palmer to sub in if he doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Just realised I have 3 Bournemouth players, and no Gunners. If you told me that at the start of the season I wouldn't have believed you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Waiting until Watkins gets through thursdays game before making my move.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Looks like Haaland is now back according to that same guy on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Well well well.... there's "only" ~500K transfers out so far this week...had been expecting more tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Where'd you see that? Had a look through FPL Toni's tweets and didn't see it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It was on bbc sport a few days ago, Pep mentioned it - "should be back in training on thursday."

Advertisement