Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2024 *Spoilers in Tags please*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe Sim Jim could've come back after the Rumble instead of seeing all that red and yellow during the title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HHH not a fan of the term forbidden door, calling it silly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Women's Rumble was great. At least 3 or 4 awesome moments.

Men's was OK with the right finish, and bonus points for the winner straightaway making his intentions clear and saving us a month of "who will he face!".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

I've wondered in previous years whether They ought to just do 20 for the women's Rumble. Something proportional to the amount of time women's wrestling usually gets on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Punk getting a lot of stick online but he was in there with guys in their prime wrestling every week, and his only ring workout over the last 5 months was wrestling Dom on house shows.

Hard to shake a dog with a bone.

• Advertisement

I think he had been working with some of the NXT guys, training perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I thought Punk looked small compared to everyone else including Dom.

I know a lot of he WWE seem to be juicing these days so that may play a part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gotta wonder where does Punk fit in now for feud will he feature in the chamber match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jordynne Grace looks great and like a star. I have not followed much the last few years and remember seeing her a while back and she did not look like a star, she was impressive but did not stand out visually. Looks great these days.

Which leads to Jade, I was not familiar with here before she signed but she certainly looks like a star. She has instant credibility when she appears on screen. She lived up to it in her short enough ring time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I was a bit underwhelmed by her to be honest. Did the spot with Nia Jax and then lay in the corner until it was time to go. It wasn't exactly Diesel levels of impact in a Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's the Rumble, the vast majority of a wrestler's time is spent waiting in a corner until it's time to go.

Just chilling after elimination

Cody lost a tooth, talk of injuries to Orton and Punk too, as holding arm and shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

I'm an old PPV only guy, didn't recognise many of the new set in either Rumble matches. Maybe that's a good thing, they have to move on.

Women's match was well done, up to the point where Nia Jax basically threw herself out. Becky Lynch seems like a jobber now, pity.

Scrolled my phone for most the 4-way, few nice spots near the end but meh

The Rumble itself was passable, the company have issues hiding the fact that Gunther is the best athlete of all the current performers, an earlier elimination might have been wiser. Drew & Punk getting mouthy meant we knew their ultimate fate.

No doubt that this means Cody gets the belt at Mania, I just hate knowing the outcome before the journey

Apparently Bron took Brock's spot including Dom eliminating him which was the plan for Brock

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’mwhile Becky’s elimination wasn’t very ceremonial, calling her a jobber is off the mark imo.

id be shocked if she’s not facing Rhea for the title at Mania, since Bsyley vs Iyo makes more sense than Bayley vs Rhea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I agree

There hasn’t been a good Women’s Rumble technically speaking. I’ll die on the hill with you.

They survive off crowd pops for entrances.

They can’t backtrack now for the Women. There’s no way they can make the Women’s Rumble a lesser match than the Men’s.

They’ll just have to analyse the Women’s matches and see where they’ve worked and haven’t worked.

Bayley deserves to main event WrestleMania over CM Punk.

• Advertisement

When was it that the Rumble wonder didn't get to main event due to it being Cena/Rock or some other big match and instead they kept referring to a double main event to make up for it?

Think the Rumble winner may have even opened Mania that year.

Has happened a good few times that the Rumble winner didn't Main Event

In 2010 Edge won the Rumble and didn't Main Event Mania in his Title match

2011 Del Rio won the Rumble but didn't Main Event Mania (Mania Opener for Title against Edge)

2012 like you mentioned above (Sheamus beat Daniel Bryan in Mania opener for the Title)

They're 3 examples anyway. With the new Wrestlemania 2 night format it has given them more chances now to have more 'Main Events' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The vast majority of the midcarders kill time until they are due, but how often do you see the big monster star sitting in the corner with nobody near them and nothing to do?

When Kane or the Big Show came in they dominated the ring until people ganged up and got them out. When Brock comes in he dominates the ring. Even if it is a rest spot at the ropes with 2 or 3 people pretending to push them out or throwing a few punches back and forth with somebody, they always present as being a threat in some way, they have to, they are supposed to be the dangerous big star. If they have been there 30 mins and eliminated 5/6 people then they might take an obvious breather, sure, but then the point is made by that stage.

I don't know, I just thought Cargil was supposed to be the next big thing but she came in, did her spot and then literally lay on the floor in the corner with nobody near her for a noticeably long time. Perhaps she really just isn't experienced enough to know what to do yet.

I think perhaps Jade mis timed her Nia lift up, think both were talking to each other, in the end looking like Nia throw herself over the ropes so maybe took "time out" to refresh, catch her breathe, regroup before facing Bianca in a show of strength

I think quite a few botchy moments in the ppv overall

I think the crowd perhaps didn't know the superstars entrance music too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think someone made a good point online that when they go for the smaller stage set up its not always visible to everyone so if they don't recognize a theme song until a few seconds later, the lack of distinct theme music is also an issue.

HHH should try to get Jim Johnston back for the music

Meant to say as well, I noticed Jade's new thing is "I'm that chick" instead of what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,833 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Enjoyed the women's rumble a bit more than the mens - for the title fight though, Roman was always going to win dirty, but I'm a bit surprised by just how weak they made him look. Got 'beaten' at different stages by all three of the others, without really ever being on top much himself. They've had him win plenty of matches undeservedly before, but they usually still keep him looking at least somewhat strong... this felt different.

Advertisement