Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2024 *Spoilers in Tags please*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's the issue when title reigns get as long as Roman's. It's only ever WrestleMania where you feel there's some degree of jeopardy for him. Only real exception was Sami at EC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Loved the ladies Rumble...flew by and had some great moments! Watched it with non wrestling fans and they were well into it!

Any TNA heads you would like to see in men's Rumble????

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That was a rather fresh ending and the ref actually doing a good job

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Trent Seven maybe for a brief British Strong Style reunion?

To think if Jack Perry had of minded his own business this would not be happening

• Advertisement

Mr Charlotte Flair is back

Andrade back and we're only at number 4, this Rumble is already stacked

If only SS wasn't in Chicago, imagine if that was Punks return instead

Sheamus for 30 ?

Fairly flat reaction for Sami

• Advertisement

Ah suppose he has to finish the story and for the love of god it has to end at Mania now

Hopefully Punk goes heel now, loved the comment after he hit the pedigree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

When Okada or MJF was hoped for, was always gonna be a disappointment Anyone other them then...personally I would of loved to see Big E...was thinking with Imperium New Day stuff a Big E return on the cards. Would love for him to dethrone Gunther.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

A meh mens royal rumble. Shame really with all that talent. I get it, but it's boring...

I don't think either of those were realistic for the Rumble though, the MJF stuff is clearly a work and Okadas not out of contract till next week iirc.

In terms of the Rumble itself it was flatter than the women's but mainly because you knew for weeks who the final 4 were going to be. The winner then was almost as clear (Punk or Cody) and knowing the rest were essentially colourful cannon fodder takes you out of the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

With Jordynne Grace in Royal Rumble, I hope TNA gets AJ Styles for one of their PLEs in future.

I feel like both Royal Rumble matches kinda felt flat this year. Maybe because I like a few nostalgia entrants in Royal Rumble matches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I enjoyed the women's match. Felt there was a few nice surprises. Grace and Cargill looked brilliant, Bayley winning sets up stories nicely and gives her some attention she's never got despite deserving it.

Men's was fine but a little boring; I don't mind predicable winners, cause they usually are predictable cause the stories make sense. But when you're doing the obvious winner, you can spice up the rest of the match with some surprises, returns, a legend spot or two. Since everyone knew it was ending with Punk vs Cody, it felt like we took an hour to get to a foregone conclusion.

Truth's hot tag spot was brilliant. I presume McAfee's spot was where Brock would have gone, and they had to quickly change it to something inconsequential. Bron looked brilliant, even if they fumbled his elimination spot, with the camera work. I also like the fact weve now got a running story of Gunther not being able to overcome Cody twice in the Rumble; that's your entire Cody vs Gunther title match booked easily, post-Mania.

Solid Rumbles, but I think they'll largely be forgotten as time goes on. Which is how I've felt about a lot of Rumbles in recent times. They're becoming something you can watch on 2x speed and not miss much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It feels like No. 30 can be worse spot to be in Rumble sometimes.

I think the crowd was expecting AJ Lee or Sasha Banks for No. 30, but instead we got Liv Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Not a doubt in my mind that Punk was winning until the Dusty's kid line. Can they knock it off with blowing the dust off record setting achievements now plz?

At least the rumbles weren't overly packed with part timers/one offs

Feel Pat McAfees place should of went to someone like Pete Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭SteM

I know it has to happen but 2 rumbles in 1 show is too much imo. Makes the show drag. The young fella dropped off as soon as Cody entered, it felt like a long show for a wwe event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

I just watched it. Skipped a lot of it. Really disappointed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,158 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Only watched the womens rumble last night, found it to be very much "meh".

They continue to do the boringly obvious thing of every single entrant coming in like a house on fire, those in the ring wait their turn to come at her one by one to get hit, everybody gets their spot, nobody looks good because it happens 30 times.

If everybody is special then nobody is special, storytelling 101, you'd think they would have learned it by now.

It also continues to be awkward and blatant how everybody has to throw themselves over the rope. It is really hard for them to make it look anyway natural when they literally have to climb up themselves in order for somebody else to knock them out. Can they really not lower the ropes by half a foot or something, give the girls a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

There was some solid spots but overall the Rumble was a bit of a letdown.

Preferred the women's rumble overall. Loved Jordynne Grace showing up and Jade's debut. Bayley is a great winner.

Men's was a bit predictable. I like Andrade but feel he'll be easily lost in the shuffle. Think Cody winning was nice too especially given all the talk of him not finishing the story etc. Punk is booked for Elimination Chamber so maybe that's how he gets into his Rollins feud (Punk needs to work on his cardio, he was gassed fairly quick).

Saw Triple H's answer to a Vince question on the press conference as well, absolutely pathetic answer. Poorly handled and for a guy who has done great work until now in his position, he whiffed it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I enjoyed it, but I usually enjoy the Rumble matches.

I feel numbers 1 and 2 are as important as 30 for who they put there. Like Jimmy and Jey were a good choice. A returning Naomi, even though commentary messed up her entrance, was a good choice. Nattie is not a good choice. Was a great surprise seeing Jordynne there and she would've been a good choice.

That Maven video posted earlier talked about how they have to stay in the background when not on the run sheet for doing something and I have to say, I barely noticed Becky for a long time until Nia was eliminated.

Chelsea is great to watch. I know someone said about her being treated as a joke, but as long as you have people wanting to see you then you're doing a good job. Like who's less serious in the ring than Truth yet I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. But Chelsea just getting constantly squashed was funny to watch.

Speaking of Truth, helping JD into the ring and waiting for the tag from Dom were great bits from him.

Bron looked good and looked like he belonged in that ring. While expecting Cody to win, at least he didn't waste time in dragging out who he will face.

Good to see Bayley win and while it will be assumed by Damage Ctrl she will go after Rhea I wonder how they will do the turn. Wonder if Kairi was meant to be eliminated when she was. The way she was holding on seemed like she wasn't but then Asuka being eliminated after seems to imply she was.

As for the other matches, I really hope the Bloodline are barred from ringside at Mania. While Cody overcoming the odds might make him look better it's just really annoying. I guess it helps prolong the match runtime.

For Elimination Chamber, I assume Seth's potential opponent will be decided but don't know about Rhea. Would assume her opponent will be decided as well but she also has to have a match there. Maybe just a one on one title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No doubt Jade vs. Bianca will do well but I've yet to really hop on the Jade bandwagon, she looks great but I felt the Nia elimination was a botch, she looked like she couldn't lift Nia who eventually through herself out

Punk looked a bit out of steam even though coming in late to RR, I did want him to win over Cody

Truth was great, so funny

I still think Tiffany looks uneasy going up top

Delighted Bayley won

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I dont think it was really a botch, just Nia trying to protect herself as much as possible

Jordan's debut was amazing, the commentators put her over hard, she got a good pop and two of the most memorable spots from the first half of the rumble

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Watched the womens match then the rest in the morning. I agree two Rumble matches close one one night is a bit much.

Not sure if it was intended but The Rock promo from a few weeks back at least led to some uncertainty or questions about a Cody win in the lead up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was saying yesterday about seeing a draw and being able to see the number drawn. This was Waller. Can see he drew either 6 or 9 but entered at 3.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I found it a very Meh Royal Rumble with only a few highlights for me.

Naomi got crickets on her return as did Jordynne Grace debut that was untill she got in the ring and was the highlight of the first half of the womens Rumble for me she had real star power and pretty much showed up the WWE talent in the ring with her.

I was always surprised the WWE never tried to sign her because she is a star and she has the look and can wrestle as well.

The second half of the Rumble was all about Jade who again looked like a complete star in there.

They need to push Jade like AEW did and like how WCW pushed Goldberg put her in there with talent that can hide her weaknesses and accentuate her positives. Do that and Jade will be the face of the compnay for the next few years.

Bayley deserved her win.

One last thing Chelsea Green has everyting from character and in ring ability and they seem to waste her so much.

Everyone new Roman was going to win the 4 way so there wasn't much the 4 of them could really do to make it feel anyway like the other three actually had a chance.

No idea who the guy interferingin the KO Paul match was and as my complete dislike of that peice of **** of human being stain on humanity Logan Paul I didn't really care about that match at all.

The mens Rumble was forgetable.

Just end Cody's story now one way or the other for the love of God.

I was at Mania last year and the Roman win just killed what was already a poor second night.

I feel sorry for the women especially Bayley now as they won't get a Main event on either night one they deserve.

Punk will get his and Cody and Roman will get the other.

Advertisement