Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2024 *Spoilers in Tags please*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Were they sponsoring a match or the whole show? Think was usually the US Title match that got sponsored as well as the rest of the show and a backstage bit with Truth or Alpha Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

They're really promoting 40 years of Hulkamania now, so no surprise if the Hulkster appears for one last hurrah, he may be ancient and have f**k all mobility now, but I'm sure his appearance would get a big pop from the crowd

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've amended the OP there so hopefully people comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Last year Gunther was the mvp so who this year who will shine maybe not the winner but have a good showing Carmelo, Jey, Grayson etc.,

I'm backing Bayley and CM Punk as their respective rumble winners this year

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Sponsor backing out. TKO gonna have to act fast to distance themselves from Vince.

• Advertisement

Backing out is one thing. Could be discussed behind closed doors. But releasing a public statement like that forces TKO's hand to do something.

So only 2 matches advertised outside of the Rumble matches?

Would expect a women's match to be added since we just have 2 men's matches: US Title and Universal title. Though I guess they need all available women to make up the numbers for the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 30,831 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

thought this was kinda interesting, just on the basic mechanics of the whole thing;

12am- Pre show

1am-4.45am- Main show

Press conference immediately after event

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reports that one of the surprise entrants into the women's rumble is...

Jordynne Grace

I reckon I'm going to log off now, cause I don't want to be spoiled much more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Booker T or Wade Barrett would be a fun surprise, William Regal now that he's allowed on TV would get a chuckle the NXT roster being a possibility really cuts down the numbers of veteran or comedic entries though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will Brock enter the Rumble and take a dump on someone out.

As of this morning, Lesnar had not traveled to Florida for the event. The word making the rounds at last night's SmackDown was that Lesnar, who was at one point slated to return for WrestleMania season, would not be at the PPV.  

The terminology one source used was that Lesnar had been "withdrawn" from tonight's event and the belief was that a WWE NXT talent would be used in Lesnar's place tonight.

Belief is that under the old regime, Vince would have used Lesnar no matter what but with TKO steering the ship, they are going to be far more aware of how a Lesnar appearance would come off to the public at this juncture.’

— PWInsider

Mod edit; Spoiler tags for potential appearances/non appearances from sources please

Post edited by Necro on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They don't even need Lesnar. They're in the rare spot of having a handful of hot full-time (if you can count Roman as full time...) wrestlers at the moment.

Post edited by Necro on

I assume the wrestlers in singles matches can also enter the rumble

Will Jade debut tonight?

Alot of speculation online of MJF showing up

Will Usos or Solo start off at 1 and 2, brothers divided, maybe daddy Ris backing that ass up for a surprise rumble entry

Post edited by Necro on

Last chance to enter the rumble pool, closes at 11pm

The pools have been drawn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

When did they start doing press conference after events?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

@JP Liz V1 use spoiler tags for official sources for appearances or don't post them until after the Rumble please. Thanks

• Advertisement

It's been a fairly common theme of the HHH era.

Some draws took place on WWE's twitter. I was watching a couple and for one I was clearly able to see their number so wonder if that's the actual number they'll come out at. Maybe since it was shown, they will now but they might have had a different number before.. I assumed all the papers were blank.

Well time to exit this thread. Enjoy the show. I'll watch tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Time to stop using spoiler tags going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Lads, who the ever loving fcuk is jelly roll? I've never felt more out of touch than watching that pot of blubber.🤷‍♂️

I'd have said the same about Bad Bunny too when he initially appeared. America be weird. But to answer the question....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Cheers Necro.

My predictions: Hogan surely has to be in the rumble after that. Its a set up without pay off.

Also r-truth probably has number 30. It would fit into his character that he thinks he has a 'bad' number.

• Advertisement

Here we go enjoy everyone

Come on Number 20 in the womens

Advertisement