Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children stabbed in Dublin city centre **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭gotaf

“It looks like they hate immigrants. Well I am an immigrant, and I did what I could to try and save that little girl,” - Caio Benicio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭prunudo

They don't hate immigrants, they hate society.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

I am not a fan of SF but last night had nothing to do with them. Chanting free Palestine at their party conference pushed me away from giving them a vote. Anyone but FG right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭furiousox

Carnage on O'Connell st.

I really hope the mob didn't target Easons and steal all the hardback books to read later or sell on the black market.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭downcow

I comment from the north:

I watched a lot of the disturbances in Dublin on Twitter. A few things struck me based on our own past experiences.

1) The clear enjoyment and buzz of those participating:

we definitely created recreational rioting in the north, in both communities. Young people have the choice of a PlayStation, or the incredible buzz of doing it for real. You need to be very careful in the south that this does not become a habit – mind you, I do not know how you prevent that.

2) the incompetence/inexperience of the guards. I watched on several occasions, guards getting isolated and hand-to-hand fighting. If the anger becomes greater like in the north, at times, then those guards will be losing their lives. There was clearly a holding back by the rioters - ie when they had guards isolated they backed off. This may not always be the case as if things deteriorate. It also appears that at any time rush of rioters could be straight through policelines. There seemed to be a lack of numbers, appropriate equipment, vehicles, experience.

let’s hope this was a one-off and does not develop, but I guess there is major head scratching going on this morning, about how to control something bigger and more vicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

No I said very early on here we need more Garda and I have been saying for years, maybe not on here, we need more jails

But we also need responsible parents. Shut down children allowance which is seen as a salary by some people. see how many of these people want kids when they have pay for them.

The free house with a garden because some young one manages to have a baby should be stopped.

This is what we end up by giving these people everything they want in the hope they become productive members of society. It hasn’t worked so stopped giving them free stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Maybe call for a lockdown and a 5km limit on movements. Scare Byrne could do a show from her safe room. Loads of options.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

You couldn't have a clear & honest debate in this country as you would then be defined as a racist, a queer basher or anti-feminist!

When you see the vast sums of debt being written off for some people & then up & coming groups cannot earn a livable income

or even afford a place to live that's where society starts to break down.

Our brightest prospects are leaving this country in their droves & I was in Australia this year & I was truly amazed at the amount

of Irish people that I met there. Do I blame them for leaving? Of course not! If I was thirty years younger I would be on the first plane out!

I don't buy into this aging population propaganda! This rhetoric is being spouted across all of Europe as a reason to allow even more

migration into the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭rogber

You overestimate people's attention spans. The whole thing will be forgotten in a couple of days it will have zero impact on tourism beyond, say, next week

The abuse those employed deliveroo drivers get day to day would give them a different impression to you I guess.

• Advertisement

it’s had very little to do with immigrants, they just used that as an excuse. Scumbags will find any reasons this is just the latest

The intelligence levels are low, just look at the guy who created the account on here but couldn’t even spell foreigner.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Facthunt

Has anyone been around the city centre this morning? What’s it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

God almighty. You think I'm trying to normalise the events. Stupid comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Substantial jail terms is the only solution here. 5 years and up will send a credible message.

Because there is a severe lack of credibility attached to the Justice Minister and Garda Chief at present.

Garda can’t because if they did the do gooders in Ireland would go nuts and complain because poor little Jonnie was just out for a walk and was set upon for no reason….then you would have his scumbag parents on RTE telling everyone he is a lovely child and never hurt a fly….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Disagree. I think tourism for next year is gone. Even if its not, It definitely wont be up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

And I think that’s a fear guards have now- I saw another guard surrounded by 4-5 “youths” - he was doing his best to restrain himself and protect himself - I really felt sorry for him but that’s Drew Harris fault- that guard should never have found himself in that position in the first place, alone and taunted by a mob - Harris is accepting no blame on one hand on how the policing was managed last night but is saying we need to review everything another day to see how best to address these events in future - he can’t have it both ways

Exactly what you are doing saying the Garda should expect this to happen, why should the Garda expect this? How many times has this happened in the last 30 years?

The love parade is the only big one I can remember

The chants and grafitti from them were clearly anti immigration stuff.

"Get them out".

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

What a sh**show. The north inner city and some suburbs have been completely out of control and getting worse for years. It’s been well documented but we’ve had McEntee and others telling us it’s safe.

There’s a lot of social media posts defending the feral youths which is very concerning. I feel the gardaí have to step up and we need to imprison serial offenders and get them off the streets. We also need to get these youths working. There’s definitely a feeling that there’s a sinister element whipping up anti immigrant sentiment and it needs to be addressed immediately. I don’t see why we can’t enforce deportation orders and have a vetting system in place. Hope the stabbing victims make a quick recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Just saw the Garda commissioner saying that the rioters have been ‘radicalised’. It’s annoying to hear him try to turn this into an ideological problem, when the whole country knows it’s a criminal problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,162 ✭✭✭✭walshb

SF have a contempt for AGS. If you think it’s bad with FF/FG in power, AGS woukd be even more demeaned with SF in.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭martco

12 years exclusive uninterrupted Fine Gael control of Dept of Justice and policing policy

the scrotes control our streets now

good job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭ebbsy

And one more thing - asking a handful of unarmed guards to deal with that is a resigning matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Police are there to enforce the law and keep the community safe from criminals. That's the duty of the Gardai.

We don't want Gardai who can't do this.

I do think the Gardai are not resourced properly and haven't been years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sorry I’m not speaking for the idiots who went on a rampage last night.

Im talking about what people are annoyed at with regards to illegal immigrants at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Says it all. These guys have been getting attacked left right and centre by our feral youth. (The same folks rioting last night).

They have had to mobilise themselves to protest because of the lack of safety and attacks. Our middle classes need to stand beside them the next time they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

In what jail ? Do you remember the crap about the new jail in north Dublin at Thornton Hall ? It was never built. I had to look it up, scrapped in 2009 due to lack of funds. For €500m at the time.

• Advertisement

We might lose a few but maybe we'll get a few extra visits from the likes of Yaxley-Lennon to come meet up with our idiots now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement