Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children stabbed in Dublin city centre **Read OP before posting**

Options
  • 23-11-2023 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/at-least-three-children-stabbed-near-school-in-dublin-city-centre/a198507873.html

At least three children stabbed near school in Dublin city centre

Feeling slightly panicky here. Does anyone know any more about this??

Mod - No speculation, unconfirmed reports or rumors. Post verified information only. Threadbans will be handed out if this instruction is ignored

Additional - The identity of the arrested man has not been made public yet. Rumors of their nationality are just that - rumors. Racist of xenophbobic posts will be actioned accordingly. Posts discussing immigration do not belong in this thread either

*Threadbans*

Wailin

JeffreyEpspeen

Hud6009

JeffKenna

Recode the Site

i.am.putins.raging.bile.duct

Hungry Burger

thefallingman

Dad11

Gusser09

BPKS

TooTired123

SonofGoat

Modulok

baldbear

Redunited

StormForce13

Horse7

Snooker Loopy

Feisar

Tigerbaby

Morgans

Facehugger99

rovers_runner

BorneTobyWilde

dmakc

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Parnell Square. The rte news alert link I received mentions a gaelscoil in the area so possibly something to do with that. I don’t think I’d like to speculate any further without details

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Stuff happens - unfortunately it's life.

No need to panic, I would suggest, report states the attacker has been aprehended.

Best wishes to those injured etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Stuff happens? Children get stabbed at lunchtime on a busy street in the capital city? Ok kippy. Nothing to see here. Carry on with your Thursday…

I didn't say there was "nothing to see here" - but theres no need to get "slightly panciky".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Quitelife

The judges of Ireland have no problem with people beating up people or stabbing people not to mention free legal aid solicitors who love scum bags ….our politicians will turn a blind eye ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭DeadHand

No, this doesn't just happen.

I did not grow up in a country where small children were stabbed on the street.

Our society has become more violent, tense and unhappy.

And we all know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

People on the reddit thread, claiming up to several kids stabbed and one man was arrested.

No confirmation on this at all, obviously lot of confusion and worry at the moment.

Absolutely horrifying news though. Hoping the kids are okay and nothing too serious or obviously fatal.

Edit: Sky News mentioning 3 kids

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

does anyone know the school?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭davepatr07

Sad to hear in this day in age. Hope kids are ok. This is gonna put more pressure on Harris and McEntee, absolutely useless Justice Minister. Of course the courts, judges and politicians are so far out of touch with reality.

• Advertisement

Children getting stabbed on the street in broad daylight. Nothing to panic about. Only on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Man arrested and is being treated at the scene for injuries, either self inflicted or someone or some people got a hold of him.

Hopefully the kids are okay, horrific for them.

She’ll have to be filmed walking around Parnell Sq with a few Gardai in order to demonstrate how there’s nothing to worry about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Astartes

Was watching parents running up to the police line looking to be let through on that TicTock video. **** hell imagine that panic...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Only good aspect of this story is that it's right beside O'Connell Street and ambulances and paramedics would have been there within a couple of minutes and able to help the injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

what could you actually do to prevent some nutter losing their mind and stabbing people though? invest in mental health services? there's a guy with what looks like schizophrenia who just rambles around the streets where i live all day, that should be in a home of some sort for his own and everyone else's safety

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Horrific incident. Hope everyone gets good hospital care and really noone dies.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ok,

Of course it's not normal or expected or wanted.

However I was moreso trying to suggest that the OP may be over-reacting a but by saying their were slightly paniced by it.

Life is gonna be very difficult if something that you read online makes you slightly paniced.

There are other emotions you might go through but panic?

I suggested that the attacker was caught (which he has) and wished the injured well.

What exactly do people expect from posts on internet messaging boards these days. Thought I had covered all the bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

That got me too. The fear going through the heads on those parents till they reunite with their kids

Fingers and ties crossed that all the victims will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Old Colaiste Mhuire that was up near Granby Row is gone but there is still a Gaelscoil called Colaiste Mhuire. It is on Parnell Square East.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Hopefully this doesnt result in any fatal injuries. The motives for attack dont matter for the next few hours. Thoughts with families.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,631 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There's a youthreach building there. Images look to be outside its door or adjacent to it. Not sure this is related to any school.

Apparently, this individual was disarmed by some young men who stopped the attack - well done to them, if that's the case.

Gardai say they are "following a definite line of enquiry", so that would rule out a random or terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

Rumours that a couple of young men passing tackled the attacker and let's say 'danced on him'

A girl is apparently in a very bad way according to RTE Radio.

Please God no fatalities.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Can you please stop having a go at each other and (goes without saying I hope) no wild speculation, verified information only please

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He looks deceased.

Paramedic clearly doing chest compressions on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cpr was performed, so at least one person very serious.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement