Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEO DSP Internal Competition 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 whiskers77

I also passed and in absolute shock that I did but so delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SheevPalps

Does anyone have any idea how many people are on each board? 21 boards seems like quite a lot!

Post edited by SheevPalps on

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Woohoo! Passed and delighted with the result. Really hard luck to anyone who didn’t make it, it’s rough but I’ve heard apparently an inter-departmental not too far away. Congrats to all who got through😀

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Hey SheevPalps,

Each board had approx 40 videos to review I believe so that’s over 800 who recoded a video.. big numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cmc24

Luckily I myself managed to get though, thankfully! Probably should be a glass half full kinda guy right now, but I can’t help being the glass half empty guy & question the scoring!🤣 I’m shocked, seemed very harsh!

Hey AJMG,

I'm just hoping my place on the order of merit is enough to warrant a call to the interview stage.

Congratulations to everyone who got through! And for everyone who didn't there is definitely an interdepartmental coming up soon!

Post edited by SheevPalps on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bebcompc

I passed absolutely delighted 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭egan23

Hooray I passed 21 panels no wonder results took so long,

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tasteofthesea

Passed !! Not impressed with my score, real low. 57/57

OOM10

• Advertisement

@tasteofthesea I scored same & I'm OOM31..

Congrats to everyone,Will be interesting to see how many out of each panel are called in for the first batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VitreousLife

I got over 70 in both competencies and I’m OOM 5-15… just wondering what board I’m with and when I’ll be called now haha

Congrats to all who passed!

and commiserations to those who missed out, hard luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I made top 5....had applied for AP and made a balls of video interview....did some prep this time with a professional and got low 80s in the competency marks...progress! Couldn't see the wood from the trees before.

I also got over 70 in competencies and placed OOM 12 in my board.

When I did EO comp and AP, it was usually the top 5 in each panel, approx 100 who made first cut for interview. I presume in-person in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 luckylucky234

With so many boards how do they call for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tasteofthesea

I always find the OOM weird when you’ve scored the same as someone else but your OOM is different.

Would love to know a bit more about how they do OOM’s

Well done on passing 👍

I wouldn’t be too hopefully of being called to the final stage to be honest, but nevertheless. Intrigued to see the full feedback!!

They will probably call the top 5 in each panel, so with 21 panels and 5 out of each.That will be just over 100 in the first batch, then depends how many positions to whether they call a second batch I would presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Freddy123

I was placed 23 on my panel. I don’t know if that is good or bad. Anybody shed any light on it for me?

Well done on getting through! Firstly it's good for the simple fact that a lot of people didn't even get through to where you are!

As to if you are called to interview, realistically it's up in the air and would likely be the 4th or 5th tranche of you do.

Best of luck and congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Poolbabe

The mailbox is painful. I had emailed first thing this morning as I'm going on holiday in Feb and emailed to inform them of it. And to get an estimate on interview and nothing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VitreousLife

Has anyone heard back that mailed about the batches?

Eager to know whether I’m last of the lot or not haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7 luckylucky234

Has anyone received any information on how many from each board will be called first?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭irishfemme

Congratulations to everyone. I got over 80 in both competencies and OOM between 5-10. I am delighted!!!

I actually cannot figure out these OOM I placed 12 in my board what are the chances does anyone know of getting called realistically for a second interview

No idea it really depends on how many they plan to call, and how many actually got through,I finished oom 7 so I'm hoping that will get me interview in second batch anyway

For comparison from last 2020 DSP internal HEO comp (from DSP HR quarterly updates):

Tranche 1 (called Dec. 2020) - 80 candidates from 20 boards who were ranked 1-4.

Tranche 2 (called Jan. 2021) - 80 candidates from 20 boards who were ranked 5-8.

Tranche 3 (called Feb. 2021) - 80 candidates from 20 boards who were ranked 9-12.

Approx 25% candidates failed final interview.

Candidates are ranked by individual board (not location). When you pass interview you will be reranked by your location choice. So Mary who ranked 3 on her board, and later passed interview might find herself no. 1 in her chosen location once other candidates (outside her location) are excluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭irishfemme

Hi everyone,

I know it was advertised as a full time position. I am an EO who presently works only 3 days, due to my kids being soo little.

Does anyone know if there would be room to negotiate for a 4 day work pattern? Any experiences?. If that's not an option, then would I be able to replace that 1 day off with a parental leave?.

Advertisement