Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matthew Perry (Chandler) has died

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

David Schwimmer's a brilliant comedic actor.

Even in the fake tan episode. His interaction with the fake tan booth operator is very funny.

It's a shame about Matthew Perry. His second act could've been very interesting. A BoJack Horseman type role would be perfect for him.

When you see his eyes in recent interviews though, they look haunted or something.

It seems like his body was just holding on to do the book and the reunion and that's it. Although he played pickle ball for an hour or two every day, so maybe he was in decent shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,239 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I know Matthew briefly dated Julia Roberts hence her role on show but did Matthew and Jennifer Aniston also date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

No Matthew was into her but she wasn’t into him.

But she did love him as a friend and would check in on him regularly out of all the friends group.

id say she’s messed up over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

Post edited by Be right back on

“Matthew, it is with a heavy heart I say goodbye,” Matt LeBlanc wrote on Instagram Tuesday. “The times we had together are honestly among the favorite times of my life. It was an honor to share the stage with you and to call you my friend. I will always smile when I think of you and I’ll never forget you. Never.

“Spread your wings and fly brother you’re finally free,” he continued. “Much love. And I guess you’re keeping the 20 bucks you owe me.”

• Advertisement

Courtney Cox has released a statement too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Czq8K4DMOMQ/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==..

https://www.instagram.com/p/Czq8sxqrU0c/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Jennifer's and David's tributes posted above.

• Advertisement

"Matty," he began the tribute on Instagram. "Thank you for ten incredible years of laughter and creativity."

He continued, "I will never forget your impeccable comic timing and delivery. You could take a straight line of dialogue and bend it to your will, resulting in something so entirely original and unexpectedly funny it still astonishes."

"And you had heart," wrote Schwimmer, 56. "Which you were generous with, and shared with us, so we could create a family out of six strangers."

Sharing a photo from season 5 episode, "The One with All the Thanksgivings," Schwimmer shared, "This photo is from one of my favourite moments with you. Now it makes me smile and grieve at the same time. I imagine you up there, somewhere, in the same white suit, hands in your pockets, looking around — 'Could there BE any more clouds?'"

https://people.com/matthew-perry-dead-david-schwimmer-pays-tribute-8384929

"Oh boy this one has cut deep ... Having to say goodbye to our Matty has been an insane wave of emotions that I’ve never experienced before," began the actress, 54. "We all experience loss at some point in our lives. Loss of life or loss of love. Being able to really SIT in this grief allows you to feel the moments of joy and gratitude for having loved someone that deep. And we loved him deeply. He was such a part of our DNA."

"We were always the 6 of us. This was a chosen family that forever changed the course of who we were and what our path was going to be," she continued. "For Matty, he KNEW he loved to make people laugh. As he said himself, if he didn't hear the 'laugh' he thought he was going to die. His life literally depended on it. And boy did he succeed in doing just that. He made all of us laugh. And laugh hard."

Noting further how she's continued to process this loss, Aniston said she had been looking back on their many text conversations, even sharing one of them in her second slide. "In the last couple weeks, I've been poring over our texts to one another. Laughing and crying then laughing again. I'll keep them forever and ever. I found one text that he sent me out of nowhere one day. It says it all. (See the second slide…)," she said.

"Matty, I love you so much and I know you are now completely at peace and out of any pain. I talk to you every day… sometimes I can almost hear you saying 'could you BE any crazier?'" she added. "Rest little brother. You always made my day… ❤️🕊️"

https://people.com/jennifer-aniston-shares-one-of-last-messages-she-received-from-matthew-perry-before-his-death-8384502

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I remember he was on the app Cameo for a while around 2 years ago. I think he charged over $300, maybe over $500.

BACK TO THE FUTURE star Michael J. Fox shared how recently deceased FRIENDS actor Matthew Perry put his large salary to good use.

“I hope this isn’t indiscreet … but when they first made their big sale [on their FRIENDS contracts] and were made millionaires for the rest of their lives, he wrote a big fat check to the foundation,” Fox shared with Entertainment Tonight. “We were really early on and trying to find our feet. And it was such a vote of confidence.”

“And it wasn’t accompanied by any self-aggrandizing or anything. He was just like, ‘Take it and do your best,’” Fox said. “I loved that.”

Sarah Paulson is paying tribute to her late Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip costar, Matthew Perry.

While visiting The View on Tuesday, the actress recalled how Perry went above and beyond in order to help her land the role of Harriet Hayes in the Aaron Sorkin comedy series, which ran for one season. 

“I just remember him as one of the most generous people on the planet,” she told the View co-hosts, noting that Perry's guidance came at a time when “I was at a particular place in my career where I needed that job very desperately.” 

Paulson explained that Perry reached out to her because of her close friendship with Amanda Peet, who not only also starred on Studio 60, but had previously worked with Perry on The Whole Nine Yards film franchise. 

“He asked me to meet him in the parking lot for my final audition and I got in his car and he ran the whole scene with me multiple times so that I could have a leg up on the other performer and I did get the job,” she said. “So, I sort of credit him with taking that extra time — he absolutely did not need to do that.” 

Paulson went on to describe Perry as “a wonderful guy.” 

“He was just the kind of person that, if you made him laugh or if you made him smile, you felt that you had really arrived,” she continued. “I had the great pleasure of making him laugh a couple of times and it made me feel really good.”

https://ew.com/sarah-paulson-remembers-matthew-perry-generous-people-8405561

Advertisement