Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The 2 Johnnies’ Late Night Lock In review: A hellish experience"

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I agree there are loads of attractive women in Ireland, thats why I dont think she is so stunning. maybe she just isnt my type or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,623 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dubmany

But it's not just Dubs to whom a lot of their humour is alien, I've heard similar from people from other cities and even country people. It's certainly got its demographic but it's a lot more fractured than people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I haven’t watched it but would be like an ‘Up for the Match’ type thing for the younger country crowd?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭saabsaab

They are like an Irish Ant and Dec..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

These 2 lads are just riding the shtick of the "small town local loud mad ladeen" character that has been endemic throughout rural communities the last 15 years since the crash. Everyone that lives in the countryside knows the type, young lads that come bounding into the pub/shop with a forced personna of jolity, loudness, the dreaded "craic". Its grand for like 4 minutes, but it gets old and tiring really really fast. "The Hardy Bucks" success was down to satiring this sort of character, RTE have somehow thought this sort of annoying character is to be celebrated and glorified, probably because their executives have never had to deal with this sort of annoying vapid character in real rural life.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

God. There's always someone trying to intellectualise lads who just want to have a harmless enough laugh. So middle of the road, they would strain to be offensive.

'Everyone that lives in the country side.' Spoken like a right townie. 😂

Annoying, vapid. Tell us what you really think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I assume the previous poster is referring to Bulmers. I imagine they were about to sign on the dotted line.... until the Tubridy scandal broke.. and everything RTE became toxic.

Drinks companies might be fairly cautious ever since the Bud light fiasco in the US.

There is a long delayed piece of legislation going through the Dail regarding Drink sponsorship, (RTE don't ever mention it, naturally), but I imagine RTE were hoping to sneak in one last big pay day.

I wouldn't fancy working in RTE's commercial dept. in the brave new world of having to actually make money.

But every cloud has a silver lining, so lets hope its the end of the RTE #woke agenda for starters... for example... Who really watchs Women's sport? Women certainly don't and men just watch out of curiosity or voyeurism (they all have lovely bottoms) .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭enricoh

The fella off the chase Paul is good craic, I'd go one of his gigs, Louis Walsh not bad either.

I don't get all the hate for it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Have to admit I’m enjoying it, something different and not too serious.

Would watch it over the late late any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭saabsaab

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"Johnny Smacks"

F*ck off.

Advertisement