Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Nazi comparisons are so overwrought these days. Mainly because it's the only historical reference point that anybody actually knows about in our ignorant and uneducated society, and people barely even know it.

But as long as we are doing Nazi comparisons, Arab terrorists in so-called Palestine are worse than the Nazis if anything. At least the Nazis attempted to cover up their atrocities. To hide them from the wider world. There is a reason that all of the extermination camps were built outside of Germany in occupied eastern Europe. There is a reason that the Final Solution was decided and planned in absolute secrecy. Himmler (leader of the SS) only ever attended one mass execution himself and vomited immediately afterwards. The Nazis knew on some level that they were breaking every human rule (even if though they thought it was necessary), which is why it had to be hidden most of all from their own people who would recoil if they knew what was really happening.

Hamas committed brutal and indiscriminate mass murder on October 7th. They killed and raped their way through Jewish communities in southern Israel. And they livestreamed it for the world to see. Because they have successfully raised a generation of psychopaths who cheer when a woman's naked, raped corpse is towed through the streets by a truck. They openly say their goal is to annihilate every Jew. They're barbarians and they don't care who knows it because at the end of the day they know the West has no shortage of useful idiots who will make their excuses for them. When people show you who they are you should believe them.

Hamas knew on October 6th that on October 8th, Israel would have to invade Gaza like any self respecting country would in response to an attack like that from its neighbour, and they didn't care because they know the average ignorant Westerner who knows nothing of the land, its people or its history would back them to the hilt. Idle fools who like to feel good by waving flags and chanting. Who's only social outlet is protesting the cause of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Sure we can waffle and say that Israel knew on October 6th what their continuing provocations and steady murdering was going to result in, and therefore only idle fools like to come onto social media waving their Zionist flags.

The "cause of the day" for some apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

You are the only one bringing the orange clown into it. Biden is president, genocide is happening under his watch with weapons provided by him made in Colorado. Own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭engineerws

I think the tide has turned against Israel.

I'm inclined to think Moroccan oil or similar are interfering in the Eurovision or else normal people are boycotting it. I don't understand how anyone could support Israel in the Eurovision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ah and “own it” how? What do you want? Oh right, Biden to lose the election? As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Maybe some people just vote for the music or dont characterise a person by the actions of their government.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

Yes own it. I do not want Biden to lose the election you are incorrect and it's a cheap lazy retort to presume so. You seem to be unable to be deal with critic of Biden without having cheap shots. As you were indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Interesting to see Israel beating Ireland in Eurovision last night and Ireland giving a lot of points to Israel.

I wonder is this country being led around by the nose by the Boyd Barretts etc. The Irish public majority support Israel by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Voting was interesting given the juries did not rate the israeli song so highly. But I wouldn't think the eurovision voters are totally representative of the country. Alot of us don't watch the program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

There are a lot of pro-Israel people in this thread. I've seen the arguments that Israel has every right to do what they are doing in Gaza right, despite the resulting destruction of civilian infrastructure and loss of innocent civilian lives, because of what Hamas did on October 7th. I personally don't agree but I can understand the argument.

What is the justification for this kind of behaviour in the West Bank though?

The theft of Palestinian land in the West Bank has been going on for decades but has ramped up since October 7th. I cannot see any justification for this kind of activity that doesn't come down to colonisation.

How do the supporters of Israel justify the expansion of settlements in the West Bank - an area famously not controlled by Hamas?

”Own it” is cheap and lazy. Haven’t seen you criticize Congress where it belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AvalonEnaid

Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef, a co-founder of Hamas, has said that the vast majority of the Palestinian people support Hamas.

This is literally the son of the co-founder of Hamas, he was born in that environment, he grew up in that environment, he participated in that environment, he was groomed to be a leader. He is infinitely more qualified to speak about this than most people.

Pro-Palestine supporters are giving Hamas cover. They are participants in the crime of Oct 7. Palestine is made up of different tribes that would kill each other if they did not have Israel as the common enemy. The people speaking on the authority of Hamas propaganda are helping prove that Palestine depends on the destruction of the State of Israel and don't even understand that Hamas does not respect them and would torture them without mercy as they're nothing but useful idiots.

The supporters don't know what they are supporting, they are supporting a monster that has been hi-jacking an entire society and endangering the entire middle east and pushing the world towards a global war.

"Palestine is an Arab land from the river to the sea!" - Hamas Teacher

"Everyone supports me, everyone knows that" - Hamas Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭thomas 123

maybe @AvalonEnaid could share what they and their colleagues think today on this post?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

2 things happened in the Eurovision last night

Israel had a good song

There was a boycott against the Eurovision for allowing Israel to compete

These 2 factors meant that fewer people were voting for acts that weren't Israel so of course the act will do better than usual

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Useful idiots. Is that you SeanW?

You sound like you don't know the history of the land yourself to be honest, the decades of illegal settlements, the years of Zionist terrorist that predate the Israeli state (and of course no in a vacuum or isolation) and the desperaly massive flaws of UNSCOP and the actual founding of Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fair play to you for reading his Zionist rubbish. I didn't.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I dunno, I saw some sad bastard on twitter saying he voted 60 times for Israel to be edgy, imagine wasting your money like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I'd be surprised if any country didn't had a voter doing something similar.

How crazy would it be if the anti-Israelis inadvertantly caused them to win the Eurovision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I’m not a “supporter” of Israel -at the time of the brutal and cowardly Hamas attack, I supported Israel’s right to respond- I withdrew that support weeks later as it was obvious too many innocent people were being killed and Hamas was essentially hiding behind them like the cowards and rapists that they are.

Israel has gone way OTT overall in its invasion - but the taking of lands I imagine is strategic and could well be used as a bargaining chip later - I don’t agree with what their doing but I can understand why they’re doing it - this has been quite an ugly “war” -I don’t condone Israel’s actions but in the face of overwhelming force, Hamas could have laid down arms- they didn’t - they equally have blood on their hands but people like Gary Linekar and others don’t want to talk about that inconvenient truth

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Hang on… the nazi's are better because they hid their crimes. That's the point you take from history?

Firstly, the nazi's hid the extermination camps, but they didn't hide all their crimes. They made many of them into laws. The night of broken glass is well documented. They made loads of propaganda videos.

But if the hill you choose to die on is that the Nazi's were better because they built extermination camps outside germany (let's conveniently forget about the concentration camps inside germany), you do you.

Secondly, Israel won't allow foreign journalists into Gaza. They have kicked out an Arab news agency. They are attempting to hide what they're doing. They've killed tens of thousands of innocent women and children. But I guess they're better than Hamas and closer to the Nazi's because they're hiding it?

And we've seen Israeli crowds cheering on the deaths of Palestinian civilians. We've seen Israeli politicians, cabinet members even, call for a genocide. We've seen Israelis hunt down aid workers with drone strikes. We've seen refugee camps of tents hit with massive ordnance. And we've seen israeli civilians destroy humanitarian aid and preventing it from reaching starving children. There's even been Israeli hostages shot in the back when trying to surrender because the soldiers thought they were Palestinians.

And that's besides all the settler crimes we've seen in the westbank along with the ongoing occupation and systematic apartheid

The difference between you and me (and most Palestinian supporters) is that for you only one side can commit crimes. The rest of us will completely condemn what Hamas did and at the same time will be appalled by the death and suffering that's being caused by Israel. This isn't like a football game for us. We don't support one side no matter what. Just for once, it'd be nice to see an israeli supporter call out crimes committed by israel with no whatabouttery or excuses. Just say that's wrong and the people who did it and authorized it and covered it up should be prosecuted.

See, no-one here supports Hamas. People are anti Israeli violence and apartheid. They want to see a two state solution. they want to see palestinians living without occupation.

You can call out Hamas, but that ignores the fact that the west bank is larger and under occupation. Hamas are the best excuse israel have. They can commit horrific crimes in the west bank and go "what about hamas"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I heard on Newstalk that some pro-Israelis voted up to 20 times for the song. Madness. Glad it didn't win though as it was all just an effort to make Zionists look normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The problem is many pro Israelis think Israel has a blank cheque to do as they please under the guise of self defense. They either don't care or don't see what a dangerous precedent this sets. It also makes a mockery of the claim to be a democratic state if you can flout international law as you please. Do you think if the IDF do somehow manage to wipe out Hamas that Israel will have long term security? Yitzshak Rabin- who was no dove in his time- realised that Israel could not have long term security through military might. Bibi probably knows that and it suits him and his ilk perfectly fine to have a bogey so he can maintain the status quo. That's why he was happy to let the cash flow into Hamas until it spectaculary backfired on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

fairly easy to manipulate the vote. all you need is a small number of baby killing enthusiasts in each country.

They only have isreal to vote for, while the normal people have a split of 24 other countries (would have been 25 but isreal got the Dutch kicked out). There is no block voting going on for these voters. They pick the song they like, we gave Croatia 12 points who came second overall. Yet isreal still only came 5th. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭engineerws

AFAIK, the mas rape has been debunked same as the 40 beheaded babies.

I wonder will we ever know what happened on October 7 but it is clear that Hamas attacked military positions and killed a significant number of soldiers. It's unknown how many of the civilians were killed should be attributed to IDF or Hamas. You can say hamas are terrorists or whatever but it's also clear Israel had 1,200 Palestinians imprisoned without charge before October 7. I wonder how you might feel were you living in Gaza and a relative was imprisoned without charge.

To me Israel is the terrorist and coward in the equation and not Palestinians who have been oppressed by a western backed regime for 75 years.

I think the mass rapes have never been proven as opposed to debunked. There's enough reports that some sexual assaults/rapes probably occurred, but they didn't perform autopsies and a lot of the evidence is from third parties.

I'm 100% sure that hamas killed civilians. Although there's a good chance that Israel killed some when they were attacking hamas fighters, the vast majority of civilians were killed by Hamas.

The thing is that hamas lost a lot of legitimacy when they attacked civilians. If they'd only attacked military objectives, then a lot more people would have sympathy for them. The situation of gaza is horrible and people would understand attacking Israeli military targets

And I'd say the same about Israel. If Israel wasn't killing so many civilians and completely leveling entire cities, a lot of people would have more support for them.

For me personally, neither side have my support. My support is with the innocent civilians on both sides who have been affected by all this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I have to slightly disagree with this. Regardless of the cannibal directive and what exactly happened on October 7th I think Hamas are terrorists.

The reason i say this is because let's not forget they used to send suicide bombers into Israel to target and kill Israeli civilians in restaurants and other places. If they solely targeted the IDF I would see them as a legitimate resistance group. Some would still class them as terrorists but yet these very same posters supported the likes of Irgun and Hagannah who fought the British. A glaring double standard.

Advertisement